Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just coming back to this after a small hiatus.

I'm finding it really hard not to spam the spot button.

I've just a learned habit from years of BF that sees me press it rapidly in certain situations.

I spam it all the time too.
    Care to explain why I shouldn't ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I spam it all the time too.
    Care to explain why I shouldn't ?

There's a cool down period. Only realised this myself last weekend - think something popped up on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I know I'm a new player on battlefield and that I'm learning that's a team objective game, which is fun, but played few rounds of conquest last night, this one in particular was on Fao Fortress I made my way up to the walls of the fortress and was very low on health so headed into the tower to recover I killed one sniper in there with the shovel and just looked out the other door and there was four snipers in a line, so I just stood in the doorway waiting for my health to go up from 20 before attacking then reloaed the automatico and just kept standing there for a few minutes before I eventual opened fire, they never even seen me never once moved when I started firing, got them all, went back to that point later in the round and the same four guy's in the same spot and we capturing the objective so done the necessary without waiting this time, just couldn't believe they didn't learn from the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

tripperman wrote: »
    I eventual opened fire, they never even seen me never once moved when I started firing, got them all, went back to that point later in the round and the same four guy's in the same spot and we capturing the objective so done the necessary without waiting this time, just couldn't believe they didn't learn from the first time

First off, welcome to Battlefield.

Second, you're gonna think I'm exaggerating but I would actually be surprised if you couldn't melee all of them with little to no interference. There seems to be less and less awareness of player's surroundings, people seem to be buying into the whole "Other people are here so I'll be fine". The tunnel vision some people have is ridiculous.

I'm sure if they were shoulder to shoulder one of them might notice the sound of you bludgeoning one of them to death but then again some people have a magically ability to turn their ears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I know I'm a new player on battlefield and that I'm learning that's a team objective game, which is fun, but played few rounds of conquest last night, this one in particular was on Fao Fortress I made my way up to the walls of the fortress and was very low on health so headed into the tower to recover I killed one sniper in there with the shovel and just looked out the other door and there was four snipers in a line, so I just stood in the doorway waiting for my health to go up from 20 before attacking then reloaed the automatico and just kept standing there for a few minutes before I eventual opened fire, they never even seen me never once moved when I started firing, got them all, went back to that point later in the round and the same four guy's in the same spot and we capturing the objective so done the necessary without waiting this time, just couldn't believe they didn't learn from the first time

It's a bit like this.

https://i.imgur.com/2XwjvGf.gifv

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent played in a week or so, Titanfall 2 is sooooo bloody good, played a few rounds lastnight though and found this animation bug, was fecking hilarious following yer man around, watching this running up stairs was gas, raging I didn't record it.

bf1_2016_12_02_19_16_13_32.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Trying to get 20 suppression assists with support from a medal, taking forever. What support gun do yis like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Trying to get 20 suppression assists with support from a medal, taking forever. What support gun do yis like?

The MG15 Suppressive is great for this medal and longer distances. The BAR has the best feel
    IMO, but not enough rounds in a clip to make it worthwhile. The Madsen is my current fave.

Okay thanks that got me i5 pretty quick

Any tips for mortars I seem to hit people but not kill!

Okay thanks that got me i5 pretty quick

Any tips for mortars I seem to hit people but not kill!

There's the usual tip of waiting for the area of effect to tighten before firing so your shots are on target. Apart from that I'd suggest using the Air as opposed to the HE gadget, seem to clock in a couple more kills with it equipped.

Air is better for Infantry whereas the HE seems to deal hefty damage to tight groups of enemies and vehicles.

• Advertisement

For anyone who's having a torrid time with the loading times on Xbox one, I fitted a solid state hard drive to mine. Makes a huge difference.

To load into ballroom blitz on conquest from the server browser:

Standard 1:58
    Solid state 43.6 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

For anyone who's having a torrid time with the loading times on Xbox one, I fitted a solid state hard drive to mine. Makes a huge difference.

To load into ballroom blitz on conquest from the server browser:

Standard 1:58
    Solid state 43.6 seconds!

In fairness its not just this game, the loading times on the XB1 are just disgraceful even loading off a disc is a joke.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness its not just this game, the loading times on the XB1 are just disgraceful even loading off a disc is a joke.

Loading what off a disc? Everything's installed on xb1. Stuff doesn't load off discs anymore.

Some information is taken off the disc (granted depending on the game) and that takes and age, then when downloaded it takes and age to install. The whole unit is terribly slow compared to the PS4.

Some information is taken off the disc (granted depending on the game) and that takes and age, then when downloaded it takes and age to install. The whole unit is terribly slow compared to the PS4.
    Mmmmmn.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

SSD makes a massive difference, on PC I'm always the first into the game and get to chose tank/plane/horse easily enough. (M2 SSD/i7/16GB).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

It's a really good game but it doesn't pull me like the BF games before, since BFBC2 at least.

Really think the ranking system needs to change. Let's be honest, if you okay conquest it is fairly simple to be top 3 by merely running around. I don't feel challenged like in r6s for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    First off, welcome to Battlefield.

Second, you're gonna think I'm exaggerating but I would actually be surprised if you couldn't melee all of them with little to no interference. There seems to be less and less awareness of player's surroundings, people seem to be buying into the whole "Other people are here so I'll be fine". The tunnel vision some people have is ridiculous.

I'm sure if they were shoulder to shoulder one of them might notice the sound of you bludgeoning one of them to death but then again some people have a magically ability to turn their ears off.

I probably could have done that, but I thought I wasted enough time standing there looking at them and not actually helping my team out, they weren't just shoulder to shoulder, each was at a gap in the wall aiming across the valley in the map,

I probably could have done that, but I thought I wasted enough time standing there looking at them and not actually helping my team out, they weren't just shoulder to shoulder, each was at a gap in the wall aiming across the valley in the map,

Fair enough, I just prefer to punish people when I see them doing silly things.

But to be fair I've seen some people cause havoc on those walls so taking them out was probably making some the flags a tad bit safer for your team, I would consider you being a big plus to your team.

Also while on topic:
    Uploaded on 23/10/16 so I'm hoping it's still relevant.

Mmmmmn.

No.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes.

Next time you go to install a game, turn off the internet and you can install the game DIRECTLY from the disc.

Takes even longer but you can do it.

So yes data is stored on the disc.

• Advertisement

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes.

Next time you go to install a game, turn off the internet and you can install the game DIRECTLY from the disc.

Takes even longer but you can do it.

So yes data is stored on the disc.

Not to drag the thread off topic, but you're wrong.

You're confusing installing from disc with playing from it. I can borrow a disc from a friend, install it, then buy a digital licence from the store without downloading a single kilobyte of data.

You haven't been able to play from the disc since the 360. The disc simply acts as your proof of ownership.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    There's the usual tip of waiting for the area of effect to tighten before firing so your shots are on target. Apart from that I'd suggest using the Air as opposed to the HE gadget, seem to clock in a couple more kills with it equipped.

Air is better for Infantry whereas the HE seems to deal hefty damage to tight groups of enemies and vehicles.

Got there thanks. Happy to see the back of support class..

Not to drag the thread off topic, but you're wrong.

You're confusing installing from disc with playing from it. I can borrow a disc from a friend, install it, then buy a digital licence from the store without downloading a single kilobyte of data.

You haven't been able to play from the disc since the 360. The disc simply acts as your proof of ownership.

EXACTLY!!!

Installing from the disc as I said in my 1st post, I never said a word about "playing" a game from disc. Re-read my posts m8.

All I said was there was data on the discs and you said no there was not. I was wrong.

We will agree to disagree as I dont want to drag this off topic either.

I've just started doing the medals to keep myself entertained,think ive 8 now, has anyone here completed them/is working through them?

I've just started doing the medals to keep myself entertained,think ive 8 now, has anyone here completed them/is working through them?

I'm working through them at a good pace but for the last 2 weeks my progress has been halted due to the medals starting to repeat which is almost a deterrent.

The ones that I'm not liking are the 'Suppression assists', after playing shooters for so long I've generally become decent enough at hitting and killing the target I'm aiming for which is apparently a bad thing in this case.

That was a long one alright, never thought I'd be disappointed to get kills. Keep your distance from the action and just rain bullets in their direction, some of those support guns can shoot right across the map

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Im playing Battlefield on the pc but in games there is no kill feed on the top right hand corner, does anyone know how to activate it? I like to see when my team mates get kills.

CobraClan wrote: »
    Im playing Battlefield on the pc but in games there is no kill feed on the top right hand corner, does anyone know how to activate it? I like to see when my team mates get kills.

Options > Gameplay > Set 'Kill Log' to "Show'.

The Kill Log filter is also just below it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CobraClan wrote: »

It's turned off by default on all platforms for some weird reason. You can turn it on by going to game settings whilst in game I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I had to play a few hours online today on an older machine to test it out - 1st gen i7-860 from 2009 clocked at just 2.8Ghz.

Runs perfectly fine and stable (avg 50-60fps), really goes to show how nonsensical the official requirements are! (states a minimum of an i5-6600K :eek:)

Advertisement