Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Options > Gameplay > Set 'Kill Log' to "Show'.

The Kill Log filter is also just below it.

Cheers for that mate! Have it activated now, couldnt find it for the life of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Found a nice high ticket HC server, shame it had one of the most blatant cheaters I have ever seen.

His own team was giving away his position he was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Just bought this earlier on today, looking forward to getting stuck in later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

From the looks of things the Dec patch and free map will be dropping next Tuesday (13th).

This is according to a leak.
    Noveight wrote: »
    Just bought this earlier on today, looking forward to getting stuck in later on!

Welcome to the chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I hope they've done some tweaking. Since the last patch the game really hasn't run as well. Lots of complaints in the forums and some maps like certain parts of Empires Edge turns into a 40ish fps mess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I hope they've done some tweaking. Since the last patch the game really hasn't run as well. Lots of complaints in the forums and some maps like certain parts of Empires Edge turns into a 40ish fps mess.

I was wondering what the hell was going on with Empires Edge recently. On an i5-2500 at the moment, the FPS plummets in half frequently from 60 to 30fps which is bad enough - but playing the game with an FX-6300 is now impossible, that map drops to 15fps at times for a split second and jumps back to 45-50fps.

Same issue with 1st gen i7, most maps run perfectly at 40-60fps but Empire's Edge keeps spiking badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I was wondering what the hell was going on with Empires Edge recently. On an i5-2500 at the moment, the FPS plummets in half frequently from 60 to 30fps which is bad enough - but playing the game with an FX-6300 is now impossible, that map drops to 15fps at times for a split second and jumps back to 45-50fps.

Same issue with 1st gen i7, most maps run perfectly at 40-60fps but Empire's Edge keeps spiking badly.

The last patch was 2gb that added a quit button that doesn't work 90% of the time and actually decreased performance for most people. Lots of people, even with top end cpus now run at 100% cpu usage and there are also threads with pics showing how the game has downgraded textures in order to try and improve performance. It was a bit of a sh*tty patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Game has been bad for a hell of alot of people since launch, the hit detection is still very bad (got killed by a bomber few times last night no where near the explosion site) and little things are doing my head in now.

Revive Bug
    Server Browser
    Quit Button

To name a few....but the biggest pile of ****e with this game is the servers, I am currently as I type this struggling to find a server and I am in "Queue" for a game which is just crazy!!! The refresh button doesnt work either ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Hit detection has gotten awful - can't count the times I've been killed out of sight of the enemy.

OldBean wrote: »
    Hit detection has gotten awful - can't count the times I've been killed out of sight of the enemy.

That might be more ****ty kill cam then hit detection, alot of the times when you do get killed the kill cam makes it look like impossible shots pulled off at the best of times.

But waiting for a slot in a server for 5-10 mins for a game of this size and reputation is shocking. I was waiting so long for a server I had to play RUSH instead of conquest which is in my opinion absolute tripe.

• Advertisement

I thought that too, but was playing with mates on voice chat and none of us could understand why we were being dropped. One of us would be running in the middle, get behind cover, crouch, then enter a death sequence, while the other two would watch them die, but not take any fire of our own, nor see the shooter!

OldBean wrote: »
    One of us would be running in the middle, get behind cover, crouch, then enter a death sequence, while the other two would watch them die, but not take any fire of our own, nor see the shooter!

There have been a few times when myself and squad mates have been moving in a unit then all of a sudden one of us would get annihilated with a seemingly impossible shot from an enemy.

Meanwhile you can hear a distant Angelina Jolie saying "Curve the bullet"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

So new medals yesterday, does everyone get the same medals? Does this mean that everyone will be trying to get into the behemoth and get vehicle kills? Couldnt get a seat in one yesterday so I assume so, cant see myself finishing this medal

IvoryTower wrote: »
    So new medals yesterday, does everyone get the same medals? Does this mean that everyone will be trying to get into the behemoth and get vehicle kills? Couldnt get a seat in one yesterday so I assume so, cant see myself finishing this medal

No, I'm pretty sure it's completely random for medals. Behemoth seats tend to fill pretty quickly regardless.

Though it is funny seeing people chasing certain medals, like the revolver ones, or killing 20 people with dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

The medals are the same but everyone gets different rotations. Otherwise it would ruin the game.

i think my broadband sucks cause I never get an option to spawn in it at the start of an operation. I may try conquest and switch to the losing team, urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd say try it on Conquest on an airship map. The airship seats get freed up regularly because people get sniped out of them and the gondolas get destroyed (but respawn).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Simona1986 wrote: »
    The medals are the same but everyone gets different rotations. Otherwise it would ruin the game.

so that's why I keep getting the same 2 or 3 every goddamn week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

The medal system is $hite. I gave up on it weeks ago. Couldn't be bothered and I'd say it will get an overhaul soon enough. There's a lot of complaints about it.

To avoid being click-baity, it's basically a cross-bow altered to fire grenades.

• Advertisement

every now and again youtube still shows me the battlefield ad before a video, possibly the best ad ive ever seen, the chills

Noxin wrote: »
    The medal system is $hite. I gave up on it weeks ago. Couldn't be bothered and I'd say it will get an overhaul soon enough. There's a lot of complaints about it.

im quite enjoying getting the medals i just dont see the point in giving me medals ive already done?

i think my broadband sucks cause I never get an option to spawn in it at the start of an operation. I may try conquest and switch to the losing team, urgh!

Get yourself an SSD and you be the 1st one in mate.....trust me.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Get yourself an SSD and you be the 1st one in mate.....trust me.

i was reading that alright, just dont think i can part with the money for this one issue yknow

Its not just for this problem you need an SSD for its will transform your PC for every game. An SSD is prolly the best improvement you can make to your PC for very little money, better then fast memory or CPU (as long as you have a decent setup already)

This is the one I got.

https://www.memoryc.ie/storage/ssd/512gb-transcend-sata-iii-6gbps-ssd370.html

oh sorry i have an xbox!

oh sorry i have an xbox!

I have an SSD for my PC and a Hybrid for my PS4 and I can guarantee you they both make a huge difference on both platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

I was playing conquest in the Amiens Map and was killed a couple of times by two snipers who appeared to be floating above a roof top. Decided it was probably better to avoid that particular flag on the map. Was that a glitch?

Kav0777 wrote: »
    I was playing conquest in the Amiens Map and was killed a couple of times by two snipers who appeared to be floating above a roof top. Decided it was probably better to avoid that particular flag on the map. Was that a glitch?

• Advertisement

Dropping on Dec 20th for everyone and 13th for Premium.

Advertisement