Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

SoulfulHotBaleenwhale.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its not just for this problem you need an SSD for its will transform your PC for every game. An SSD is prolly the best improvement you can make to your PC for very little money, better then fast memory or CPU (as long as you have a decent setup already)

This is the one I got.

https://www.memoryc.ie/storage/ssd/512gb-transcend-sata-iii-6gbps-ssd370.html[/QUOdOES

Does an SSD make a difference to your fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CobraClan wrote: »

Does an SSD make a difference to your fps?

Yes....but only for certain games.

This is a decent buy

http://www.komplett.ie/samsung-750-evo-series-500gb/20797270/details.aspx

BF1 is a game that benefits massively from an SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The M2 series of ssd's have much better read / write speeds.

Nice one here for £110.
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/samsung-sm961-polaris-256gb-m.2-2880-pci-e-3.0-x-4-nvme-solid-state-drive-hd-228-sa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ive only seen an SSD improve load times,not framerates.

Personally dont think there worth it for console,to keep the cost reasonable 500gb is about as high as its worth going and thats not enough storage for most peoeple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EoinHef wrote:
    Personally dont think there worth it for console,to keep the cost reasonable 500gb is about as high as its worth going and thats not enough storage for most peoeple

For me Id just get a 120gb or so and put 1 or 2 of my most played games on it and use it externally on xb1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If console is your only gaming machine I would deffo stick and ssd in there. I remember Fall out 4 on PS4 the load times did my head in.....

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    For me Id just get a 120gb or so and put 1 or 2 of my most played games on it and use it externally on xb1.

That makes more sense to me as the cost is small enough for a 120gb model and your not limiting your overall storage.

Id rather have to wait a few extra seconds each load screen than have to constantly delete and re download games which is the case with 500gb's of storage for me. Ive only about 600gb's of space left on a 2tb drive in the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

EoinHef wrote: »
    That makes more sense to me as the cost is small enough for a 120gb model and your not limiting your overall storage.

Id rather have to wait a few extra seconds each load screen than have to constantly delete and re download games which is the case with 500gb's of storage for me. Ive only about 600gb's of space left on a 2tb drive in the PS4.

Ive a 2tb drive that most of my games live on, and a 550gb SSD which currently holds what I'm playing often - battlefield 1, The Witcher 3 and Titanfall 2.

no worries about running out of space then. And the SSD is a major boost to load times.

edit - just copped that you're on PS4? can you use an external drive via usb?or is that function only available on xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

edit - just copped that you're on PS4? can you use an external drive via usb?or is that function only available on xbox?

Xbox only

• Advertisement

Yeah thats xbox only. No external drive support on PS4. Why is beyond me,seems like such a simple thing.

Id ageee thats a grand way to have it,then i guess my point only stands regarding the PS4. On PC they are a no brainer as everything you do on a PC benefits not only games. I just wouldnt buy one for the PS4 as the lack of a decent amount of storage at a reasonable price would annoy me more than load times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

so how much are we talking to get a 120gb ssd hooked up to xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »

I got my 500GB ssd, and enclosure from amazon in the cyber monday sale for €105

amazon have 120gig ones for as little as 35 sterling, I cant vouch for the quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

IvoryTower wrote: »

Probably best going for something bigger. You'll lose your mind installing / reinstalling games on a 120gb one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Dropping on Dec 20th for everyone and 13th for Premium.

F'ing crossbow made it in. I thought that was going to be a joke from Dice. I really don't see the need for it, nor do I think it suits the WWI period. The only similar devices used in WWI that I can find are trench catapults and trebuchet/crossbow devices that were only usable by a crew of 4 or 5 people.

Has there been any plans announced to expand operations beyond its "one and done" current state?.

I'd play it more if it had rotating function, you could wait for a load and get to play for two minutes and get tossed back to the menu.
    Seems needless.

I'm enjoying the flying a lot more since I tried the rockets on the fighter.
    Its useless on vehicles but you can pick off infantry with them.
    Still wish they had a function to stop pilots bailing.
    Big issue in every BF where getting kills off other planes is rare with people just bailing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Big issue in every BF where getting kills off other planes is rare with people just bailing out.

Don't see why it's an issue tbh. Pilots do bail out of planes and always did, it'd be a weird thing to not allow it in BF. They've already combated the problem by giving you far more points for damaging, disabling and destroying the plane itself than you ever get for a kill, and kills are irrelevant in BF anyway.

I also think it allows players to try out the planes in the first place. If everytime you got into one the only way out of it was death id imagine a lot less players would try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Jumping out of the plane isn't the issue. The issue is letting the passengers know that they now have no pilot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

miralize wrote: »
    Jumping out of the plane isn't the issue. The issue is letting the passengers know that they now have no pilot

There should be some sort of minimum period before you can bail out as well, or a mechanic that you can't bail out if undamaged. Idiots taking planes and bailing out 5 seconds later is so irritating.

Brutal in BF4 as well, snipers taking helicopters to fly to some distant camping point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Don't see why it's an issue tbh. Pilots do bail out of planes and always did, it'd be a weird thing to not allow it in BF. They've already combated the problem by giving you far more points for damaging, disabling and destroying the plane itself than you ever get for a kill, and kills are irrelevant in BF anyway.

Kills are irrelevant in Battlefield?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I wouldn't say they are irrelevant, depending on the game mode they can be important-ish due to ticket count (Operations and Rush).

But in saying that it's really annoying when pilots bail out and I've seen more of them dying due to the increased distance before you can pull your parachute.

Tip: If you fly an attack plane it's quite easy to position your gunner below an enemy bomber and if the pilot/gunners jump out you will roadkill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Funny how the map I hate the most (Monte Grappa) is now such fun because of the AA truck, I am telling you the abuse I have been getting over the last few days on that map is UNREAL.

Players raping in planes getting 40-50 kills now that they cant go mental, really mental.

Just proves peeps raping are not skilled at the game they just exploit the loop holes, if you can still get the same K : D on the map with me in AA you are LEGEND!

Yeah have you played it at all yourself?

Yeah have you played it at all yourself?

No need to get all passive aggressive. Just thought it strange to claim that kills are irrelevant in a game were you win by killing the oppossition a certain number of times.

No need to get all passive aggressive. Just thought it strange to claim that kills are irrelevant in a game were you win by killing the oppossition a certain number of times.

Pot, kettle. My response was as passive aggressive as the post I replied to and no more.

Bar defending on operations or Team Deathmatch, you don't win by killing the opposition a certain number of times which was the point. Getting the kill for a downed aircraft is of almost no consequence. Even in terms of your personal score, you get far more points for destroying the aircraft than for killing the pilot.

Pot, kettle. My response was as passive aggressive as the post I replied to and no more.

Bar defending on operations or Team Deathmatch, you don't win by killing the opposition a certain number of times which was the point. Getting the kill for a downed aircraft is of almost no consequence. Even in terms of your personal score, you get far more points for destroying the aircraft than for killing the pilot.

You could probably describe it as being a loaded/rhetorical question but I wasn't being passive aggressive. It's a battlefield forum, I don't take it that seriously.

Defending teams in rush also win by reducing tickets and kills are added to your score in conquest afaik but I don't play conquest. Plus keeping an opposition player out of the game for 15 seconds helps your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Playing on a custom server with 200% bullet damage and well I suppose just watch.

Do I put an awful amount of bullets into the last guy? Nortmally its 4-6 bullets from BAR to kill on this server but I put at least 40 into this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Playing on a custom server with 200% bullet damage and well I suppose just watch.

Do I put an awful amount of bullets into the last guy? Nortmally its 4-6 bullets from BAR to kill on this server but I put at least 40 into this guy.

I think even after the first couple of rounds you fired he would have been killed. Especially seeing that you got 84 damage from the first shots and then 30 from the gas which is 114, so unless there is two of them and they were on top of each other and somehow sharing the damage between shots you should have gotten him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=dbRU8CsKRog hope this link work's I'm out on my phone and not sure hos to link on board's, its from ballroom blitz last night, it happened several time's and not just to me

Advertisement