Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

DefiantTanCollardlizard.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

tripperman wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=dbRU8CsKRog hope this link work's I'm out on my phone and not sure hos to link on board's, its from ballroom blitz last night, it happened several time's and not just to me

Yep I've seen similar things happen on different maps, certain areas just become death zones. It was present in Hainan Resort in BF4, I'm guessing it's just a lingering bug still floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone have any recommendations on the best sensitivity settings for ps4??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was looking on UTOOB there and apparently Dec 13th patch is nerfing like a mofo!!!! Guns and vehicles are getting it big time.....hope they dont go mad. Be better off nerfing the ability to spam gas grenades friendly and foe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was looking on UTOOB there and apparently Dec 13th patch is nerfing like a mofo!!!! Guns and vehicles are getting it big time.....hope they dont go mad. Be better off nerfing the ability to spam gas grenades friendly and foe.

Once the god damn shotgun gets nerfed im happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Yep I've seen similar things happen on different maps, certain areas just become death zones. It was present in Hainan Resort in BF4, I'm guessing it's just a lingering bug still floating around.

Ah o.k. couldn't figure it out was starting to think my eyesight was failing, happens only on ballroom blitz for me and happened again last night on point's b, d and e,

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Once the god damn shotgun gets nerfed im happy.

Range needs to be looked at on shotties or even slow the RoF. I really hope the grenades get a nerf....some of the maps with chokes points is just stupid, you have gas nearly on the one spot for the whole stage. Especially if you support class......

Make them take longer to re-supply might work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 monsterhunter

Kills are irrelevant in Battlefield?

PTFO!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Why are they splitting the community with the new free to EVERYONE map they get it tomorrow where the sensible people who didnt waste €50 plus on the overpriced premium pass get it next week. (and yes seen as i got bf4 plus premium for about 60 at launch €50 for just the premium is overpriced imo)

Fair enough on the proper dlc but not for a free to EVERYONE map wtf dice/ea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Why are they splitting the community with the new free to EVERYONE map they get it tomorrow where the sensible people who didnt waste €50 plus on the overpriced premium pass get it next week. (and yes seen as i got bf4 plus premium for about 60 at launch €50 for just the premium is overpriced imo)

Becuase that's how these things work, especially with free stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's only for a few days, no need to freak out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ah fair play to the lads who paid the extra for Premium, let them go on ahead and beta test it for a week for the rest of us .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Patch seems fair - Landship getting a serious buff with increased armor and a 20mm front cannon instead of LMG. Shotguns getting nerfed, even as a shotgun player I have to admit the range of some of the shotguns was ridiculous.

Those are the main ones that stood out to me.

We can now sprint from crouching position, praise Jebús!

Dec Patch Notes availible here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

It's only for a few days, no need to freak out about it.

Freaking out????? no just pissed off with it.

I just think its stupid with a free map. What happens tomorrow? is this map in the normal rotation? so as soon as it comes up next X% (probably greater than 50%) get kicked from the server while the ones who have premium stay on and wait for the server to fill again in the next map if it even does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You also get access to the map tomorrow if you pre-ordered BF1, no need for premium.

From what I seen of the new map on UTOOB its not all that......Also no mention of the revive bug fix where you cant shoot and have to change weapons. But they have nerfed the medic kit ffs, brief pause between revives now as if people where falling over themselves to heal in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

But they have nerfed the medic kit ffs, brief pause between revives now as if people where falling over themselves to heal in the 1st place.

That's a bit of a weird one alright not only that but people will whinge even more about not getting revives before just respawning rather than wait that extra bit of time for said revive.

That's a bit of a weird one alright not only that but people will whinge even more about not getting revives before just respawning rather than wait that extra bit of time for said revive.

Levelcap had a whinge about people being revived TOO much so naturally DICE fell over themselves to fix it to keep their little YouTube Baby happy.

I see there's nothing terribly detailed about performance issues people have been having especially after the last patch (arguably since launch as well). CPU optimisations and a framerate limiter... hmm.. Will wait and see what it's like once it's deployed. No mention either for any further DX12 optimisation which seems to run worse for people with Nvidia cards

Annnnnd

No mention of fixing the stupid quit button.

• Advertisement

I see there's nothing terribly detailed about performance issues people have been having especially after the last patch (arguably since launch as well). CPU optimisations and a framerate limiter... hmm.. Will wait and see what it's like once it's deployed. No mention either for any further DX12 optimisation which seems to run worse for people with Nvidia cards

Annnnnd

No mention of fixing the stupid quit button.

Ahhh jaysus come on now.....lets sort out the important** stuff first ffs!!!!
    :rolleyes:

**Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt." Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic. "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".

I agree 100% mate but it will be this time next year again the real important stuff is addressed if BF4 is anything to go on!

Just played 3 rounds there and after every round there is about 50% disconnections on the one side that is no coincidence lads....deffo a problem server side. So annoying having to find a new server every other game.

Liking some of the changes, being able to sprint from prone makes such a difference getting away from explosions and tanks. Also liking the cross bow, I can see it being used to clear some buildings on maps like St. Quentin Scar and Amiens due to the HE variant being able to blow out walls.

Also I'm a fan of the New Map, really liked the mission in SP and it's good to see how it's been edited to fit into Multiplayer.

+ The Behemoth is somewhat useful as it can cap 3 of 6 flags on the map as opposed to Suez where it just takes 6 players off your team (Can we replace Suez with Giant's Shadow?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

awww poor poor richie :p you can cry some more on TS later when im slagging you about it :D

So so many of the stupid things still in the game and they go about patching stupid stuff.....really is so frustrating. Beginning to get bored of this now with the stupid **** being ignored for the easy stuff (nerfing guns and vehicles etc) next patch they will go the other way and buff **** they nerfed!!!

Performance wise I think the game has taken a hit also.....usually the way it goes with a patch from EA, one step forward 3 steps back.

Not sure is it just a coincidence or just a normal progression(lower player count but it seems too early for that) but I keep entering a full server which by the start of the second round turns into something like 23v22.
    From there people just leave to find a full server and the numbers never increase.

Happening over and over whereas moving due to a fall off was rare before, the nature of the victory has no factor in the number drop.

Not sure is it just a coincidence or just a normal progression(lower player count but it seems too early for that) but I keep entering a full server which by the start of the second round turns into something like 23v22.
    From there people just leave to find a full server and the numbers never increase.

Happening over and over whereas moving due to a fall off was rare before, the nature of the victory has no factor in the number drop.

AFAIK this is a disconnect bug when the round finishes, but it only happens to the one side. Its never a drop off from both sides....so when the new round starts its usually 32 v 20 or the like.

Have to say the main thing that really really gives my arse a headache in this game are the horses, what a load of utter bollocks. In theory they are great a nice addition but they have got to balance them big time. The horses take more damage then a heavy tank and its nigh on impossible to kill the rider.

AFAIK this is a disconnect bug when the round finishes, but it only happens to the one side. Its never a drop off from both sides....so when the new round starts its usually 32 v 20 or the like.

Have to say the main thing that really really gives my arse a headache in this game are the horses, what a load of utter bollocks. In theory they are great a nice addition but they have got to balance them big time. The horses take more damage then a heavy tank and its nigh on impossible to kill the rider.

I just wish they'd balance the range of the sword. Literally drop dead if cavalry points his sword at me from a mile away.

Anyone find the tanks a little too easy to dominate in?.

I can run up a serious score in one switching to the 3rd person view(thats the crucial part) in either the small tank or bigger one... any with that standard gun.

On the only two occasions I had the bigger tank on Mount Grappa I got the MVP by taking it up to D and moving back and forth from B.
    Just seems so easy to pick soldiers off.

I'm spending more time flying this edition though than vehicles.
    Never touched the jets but these planes are more enjoyable to use.

While ill never fly a bomber that front gun on it is lethal.
    Can even damage vehicles. I have no issue supporting a bomber anyway with that weapon.

I've had the disconnect a couple of times alright but when you say its 32v23 does that include a balance at the start of the next round?.
    But ya you're probably right.

The drop offs are crazy, servers down 16 players on rotation, only had one game where it filled again, usually forced to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tanks are easy to dominate in if you're a decent player. I've never played tank in 3rd person and it's pretty normal for me to get 20, 30 and even 40 kill streaks. Know when to pick your battles and act as support rather than charging in. Best tank killing maps are Quentin, Sinai and Suez.

Advertisement