Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I agree tanks are super powerful, especially if you stay near your infantry. I sat on the hill beside B on St Quentin in a heavy the other evening and got 36 kills in one life (finished 38-6 because I didn't get the tank until well into the round). I'm not even that good a player. Couple of times I got flanked by a squad and was able to turn and kill them before they killed me (jumped into the rear MG for one of them too), then emergency repair and carry on.

Thing is, I'm not bothered by this. I think they should be powerful and when I'm playing on foot (which is almost all the time) I can generally avoid them. If they overextend a bit and leave their own infantry they usually die pretty quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I like this analogy :D.

403925.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Honestly, I really dont think tanks are over powered I really dont. They will rape "if the team lets them".

If you have just 2 assault class attack any tank at the same time its curtains for it......its the standard of players that "allows" people to dominate in a tank. Its very rare you get a squad attack a tank and if they do you know that are all on comms saying get that **** in the tank for sure!!!!

And trust me I can dominate in them, I have over 10 service stars already in the tanks but the AA artillary truck is my forte the past week or so. I really love it, but its alot harder to dominate in them.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Honestly, I really dont think tanks are over powered I really dont. They will rape "if the team lets them".

If you have just 2 assault class attack any tank at the same time its curtains for it......its the standard of players that "allows" people to dominate in a tank. Its very rare you get a squad attack a tank and if they do you know that are all on comms saying get that **** in the tank for sure!!!!

And trust me I can dominate in them, I have over 10 service stars already in the tanks but the AA artillary truck is my forte the past week or so. I really love it, but its alot harder to dominate in them.

Just to clarify I never felt they were overpowered just that I find it far easier to dominate in them over BF4.

Now having said that you wont be long dying in one in certain places such as C and D in Emperor's edge, that stretch it a death zone.

But with smart play and a bit of luck I can easily get 20 kills before dying.
    The 3rd person camera is the critical factor though, the view inside is seriously limited, to be a hinderance.

Just to clarify I never felt they were overpowered just that I find it far easier to dominate in them over BF4.

Now having said that you wont be long dying in one in certain places such as C and D in Emperor's edge, that stretch it a death zone.

But with smart play and a bit of luck I can easily get 20 kills before dying.
    The 3rd person camera is the critical factor though, the view inside is seriously limited, to be a hinderance.

Yep for sure, BF4 player base I found to be alot more co-operative especially PTO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Game has become unplayable for me. It seems like any smoke/weather effects completely tank my FPS. I'm talking like 20-30 FPS in maps like Suez. Only thing I haven't tried is an older GFX driver but this is terrible. Well done Dice.

Game has become unplayable for me. It seems like any smoke/weather effects completely tank my FPS. I'm talking like 20-30 FPS in maps like Suez. Only thing I haven't tried is an older GFX driver but this is terrible. Well done Dice.

Was on that new map last night and it was unplayable with the fog on it....totally over done it now far too thick. Really cant see a thing when the fog drops now WTF is going on with DICE......

My performance has dropped a little but still playable.....I have tweaked the nvidia CP to get the most out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Was on that new map last night and it was unplayable with the fog on it....totally over done it now far too thick. Really cant see a thing when the fog drops now WTF is going on with DICE......

My performance has dropped a little but still playable.....I have tweaked the nvidia CP to get the most out of the game.

i loved the fog made it savage for close combat . got loads of kills :D
    played a few games last night only had 1 round with a bit of lag but everyone on the server felt it . other than that all good

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

On the issue of tanks, I just think that more of the classes were equipped to handle tanks and vehicles in BF4. All of the classes (bar Assault/Medic) have the means to destroy vehicles, while in Battlefield 1 you're more or less only going to annoy a tank if you're anything other than Support or Assault.

The fog seems to have been increased on all maps, last night on Giant's Shadow I was more or less shooting at shadows and ended up running my horse into about 11 enemies and had road killed 4 of them before I even released that I was in the middle about 3 squads.

Whilst flying a plane on Empire's Edge, I tricked 3 enemy fighters into the water by flying about a metre above the waves and they flew directly in and to be completely honest you could hardly see the water. (Even at my distance)

We also had an interesting glitch not too long ago (Not sure if it's been fixed in the patch) but in Sinai Desert, a Sandstorm rolled in but it cleared for my squadmates and seemingly everyone else but it stayed for myself and I couldn't see a single thing for the rest of the match. I was confused as to how the hell snipers were shooting me at C from the Ridge between B - A which is when we figured out that we were seeing different environments.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    We also had an interesting glitch not too long ago (Not sure if it's been fixed in the patch) but in Sinai Desert, a Sandstorm rolled in but it cleared for my squadmates and seemingly everyone else but it stayed for myself and I couldn't see a single thing for the rest of the match. I was confused as to how the hell snipers were shooting me at C from the Ridge between B - A which is when we figured out that we were seeing different environments.

It has been mentioned by others alright that the weather appears to be clientside sometimes which is kinda hilarious.

Anyway updated to latest GFX driver which was released yesterday and it solved the complete tanking of FPS. Still a performance drop which is from Post Processing. Set it to medium and it solves everything.

• Advertisement

Re Tank killing:
    The lack of C4 is obviously a massive difference over BF4.
    Cant say I see many with the dynamite or how effective it is.

I have to say though I'm quite liking the Support with the mortar that works against vehicles.

Obviously mortar is abused the smaller maps but I rock it at all times and use it to clear buildings and attack vehicles.

My favourite two set ups are;
    Medic with the scoped Mondragon(best gun in the game IMO) plus the grenade attachment and medic syringe.
    It's funny how few use that attachment, I'd nearly get one kill a life with it.
    The Support plus mortar and scoped M1909, only using this class the past week but loving it now.

Assault, I'm tipping away at to try the Level 10 gun, the other guns are rubbish.
    Too many shotguns, a sub thats lethal in close, and the MP18s are pants.

Similar to BF4, the abundance of snipers puts me off it.

The saddest thing about this game is it shows how much they messed Battlefront up.
    So much is ripped from Battlefront, models and postures etc.
    If they just built that game with conquest at the core, varied classes similar to this and had small man controlled vehicles we could have had double the enjoyment.

My favourite two set ups are;
    Medic with the scoped Mondragon(best gun in the game IMO) plus the grenade attachment and medic syringe.
    It's funny how few use that attachment, I'd nearly get one kill a life with it.
    The Support plus mortar and scoped M1909, only using this class the past week but loving it now.

Because by carrying the rifle nade you're diminishing the point of the class. You're there to heal and revive. The effect of your one kill per grenade on the game is minuscule compared to the effect you could have if you carried healing/revive equipment. Also it f*cks people off when they stand next to a medic that doesn't heal/revive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He has the medic syringe?

The healing box is useless when your health regens anyway on regular servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Ah now hardly useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Servers down?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yup listening to thrash metal trying to calm down just got in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The healing box is useless when your health regens anyway on regular servers.

I wouldn't say it's useless. Takes a good minute for the regen to kick in, where as the medic's crate heals a lot faster. Any medic worth his salt has a healing crate and syringe equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Still having server issues, can't get into a match, on PS4, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Notorious wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's useless. Takes a good minute for the regen to kick in, where as the medic's crate heals a lot faster. Any medic worth his salt has a healing crate and syringe equipped.

I find the smaller packs much better for an active medic. They heal 100% within a couple of seconds.

Have people noticed:

A) much longer load times on PS4?

B) ammo crates take much longer to resupply? Waiting about a minute to resupply smoke grenades today.

I've not been a fan of the crossbow since it was first suspected of being introduced. Today I ran out of a building into an enemy support brandishing one. He fired at me, barely missed as I ducked, and the grenade bounced right back into his face. Victory.

Both the packs and the creates have there pros and cons, I choose depending on the map TBH.....most of the time its the packs as you can throw them really far to squad members and even when on the ground they cannot be shot plus 2 packs and you sorted.....plus my favorite is when you are getting shot in the back you can throw it on the ground and alot of the time it gives you just enough heal to get you around the corner.

Create heal multiple peeps at once and last longer ideal for maps like Argonnes forest with loads of choke points where there are lots of people. However they can be shot and obviously cannot be thrown and takes a little longer to kick in.

• Advertisement

OldBean wrote: »
    Have people noticed:

A) much longer load times on PS4?

B) ammo crates take much longer to resupply? Waiting about a minute to resupply smoke grenades today.

A) Few people I play with have actually commented on the faster loading times.

B) Haven't noticed any major changes in regards to time getting grenades and gadgets to refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Found the load times for rounds of conquest really long last night and then get in there's feck all in the match we had one go on scar, where it was 12 against 7, giant's shawdow was worse only 5 people in total waiting on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tripperman wrote: »
    Found the load times for rounds of conquest really long last night and then get in there's feck all in the match we had one go on scar, where it was 12 against 7, giant's shawdow was worse only 5 people in total waiting on it

I had that on Friday. Max 10 per side in Operations and wasn't filling - go to server select and none of them were populated. Was fine over the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've often gone into server browser and its nothing but pages of empty servers. Its one of the best selling games this year, so theres definitely plenty playing.

looks just like more good old DICE 'features'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Picked this up over the weekend, traded in a game to get it.

Really like it so far (based on about 90 mins of playing). Maps look good, big too. Will keep at it but generally love battlefield games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Keyzer wrote: »
    Will keep at it but generally love battlefield games?

Ehhh... yes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I like the Selbstlader 1906?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I like the Selbstlader 1906?

Sounds like you're unsure ;)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I had that on Friday. Max 10 per side in Operations and wasn't filling - go to server select and none of them were populated. Was fine over the weekend though.

For some reason Friday night it was unplayable. It kept returning my Rank as 0 on the homepage. No issue with other EA games BF4 and Need for Speed were fine so it wasn't the EA servers.

Didn't seem to be much (if any) acknowledgment from DICE.

• Advertisement

After a hell of alot of perseverance I am really warming to the Mondragon Sniper medic gun, its a bit weird with the scope mounted side ways but OMG its so versatile. You can genuinely snipe across the map and kill with 2-3 shots and mid range its super.

Up close and personal its not great but then again none of the medics really are.

Advertisement