Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Petroglyph

Jesus - I go away for a few days, come back and i cant get past the loading screen. WTF has happened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not having any issues lately at all..which is fookin real unusual for me I tell ya. If something is tits up then I am the 1st to get it in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

After playing with the Hero cards in Battlefront and cutting through multiple enemies at once.

After just now playing a match in Battlefield 1 where we were outnumbered at 17 - 22 at the start of the match and at the end we were 14 - 28 (New people joining were instantly put on the enemy team, at no point did we have 17+ players)

I can only assume that this picture accurately represents the word "Balance" in Sweden.

SGpx1SS.jpg?1

And what bugs the **** outta me with the autobalance is even when your side is down 5-6 men and the others dont have a full side either all the new players join the other side!!!! Instead of forcing them to join the weaker side.

****in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And what bugs the **** outta me with the autobalance is even when your side is down 5-6 men and the others dont have a full side either all the new players join the other side!!!! Instead of forcing them to join the weaker side.

****in game.

God that does my nut in aswell, I join in mid-game and just get demolished by the other team. Check the scoreboard and its 3 of us vs about 12-13 of them. Why are players such assholes not to even up teams, probably looking for a favorable K/D.

Same as those sniper goons in Rush who actually stay away from A and B. Grrrrr

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can't believe the revive bug where you can't fire your gun after being revived is still in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's very frustrating especially because you know exactly where the dude who killed you is and you need to be swift if you want revenge. Otherwise he just kills you again...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

****in game.

Probably because you're up 14-0 again. ;-)

LOL, nah mate the few games you were in I was "Allowed" to dominate in the AA and Tank...thats all on the enemy mate. I am just a mere mortal (crafty I give you) like the rest of you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Has anyone noticed the screen flashing blue during games? Its happened to me a few time since I got the game! It doesn't happen often, maybe 4 times over the past 3 weeks! Thinking it could be my CPU or GPU! Kind of hoping its an in game bug they haven't fixed yet.

Its a known bug nothing wrong with your hardware, however I taught it was only from the last patch not since the start of the game. Few peeps complaining about it in game, thankfully I dont have it.

I am running an nVidia card, I take it you have the latest drivers for all hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Its a known bug nothing wrong with your hardware, however I taught it was only from the last patch not since the start of the game. Few peeps complaining about it in game, thankfully I dont have it.

I am running an nVidia card, I take it you have the latest drivers for all hardware.

Yea everything is up to date as far as I know! Was late getting the game up and running due to internet being down for 8 weeks so havent been playing it from the start
    My card is an AMD r9 380, it does the job but my CPU is brutal, FX-4300! Im upgrading it after Crimbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Finally played the new map last night. Fog descended and is it heavier than in other maps? Literally couldn't see a foot past the end of my gun and it last the entire 30 minute round. I was just shooting at the spotted symbol for the game. What a farce.

Anyway 160ish hours spent and I'm pretty much spent on this game. Nothing to play for in terms of unlocks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm about 130 and none of my mates are playing it so will something new over Christmas

Good choice out there at least, almost too much

Overwatch/titanfall/cod

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm about 130 and none of my mates are playing it so will something new over Christmas

I'm almost cringing at the thought of playing it post-Christmas due to the sheer amount of cluelessness that will be floating around, I'm not going to crucify anyone for being new to the series but seeing as some people have been playing since October and still don't realise you can move the Behemoth and Dreadnought forward, I'm not going to put a major amount of faith in them.

Just last night on Empire's Edge as soon as the ship came in,the person in the driver's seat didn't so much as turn it on the left or right nevermind say forwards or backwards, the other 3 gunners were shooting their guns not realising that their bullets weren't actually hitting land, I was just assuming that the guy in the driver's seat didn't know the controls until I checked him on the leaderboards to reveal that he was level 91.

When you find try to join a gamemode I think that little intro video should NOT be skippable.

Just think of all those lvl 1 teenagers for the taking MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Santa's coming, and he's got present's for everyone!

I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas (or a whatever doesn't offend you if you're one of those people)

Let's run all the Christmas baby's Win/Loss and Kill/Death ratios into the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There should be widespread truces :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I for one look forward to ruining some 12 year olds xmas day in multiplayer tomorrow

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas (or a whatever doesn't offend you if you're one of those people)

Let's run all the Christmas baby's Win/Loss and Kill/Death ratios into the ground!

Right back at you....I think the P.C thing to say is

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS"

Thank god there is no team kill in normal mode or we would need every vet player to be a MEDIC!!!!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyway 160ish hours spent and I'm pretty much spent on this game. Nothing to play for in terms of unlocks etc.

I'm getting sick of being promoted and seeing I'm still the same rank for about 5 bloody promotions. Makes it meaningless. I wish they'd go back to the bf2 ranking, each promotion meant a whole lot more

I'm getting sick of being promoted and seeing I'm still the same rank for about 5 bloody promotions. Makes it meaningless. I wish they'd go back to the bf2 ranking, each promotion meant a whole lot more

Actually it's 10 ranks ffs

http://www.gamles.com/battlefield_one/ranks/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

404721.jpg

They really need to nerf the bomber support guns.

Two times in my last round I flew behind the bomber in a fighter and my three rounds of fire do less damage than one of the support gunner.

If I'm stuck flying alone my main gun should be more powerful than the rear Bombers.

It's just stupid tbh and it's obvious why 90% of planes are Bombers.
    You have two seats to use as deployment drops, the front gun can mill infantry and rear dominates any main plane gun.

It's not as if theres any other way of attacking a plane bar flying behind him.

I'd be happy if they left it at thethe main front gun and driver
    Theres no need for a third seat and its just too conveniently positioned at the minute to lessen the other planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

They really need to nerf the bomber support guns.

Two times in my last round I flew behind the bomber in a fighter and my three rounds of fire do less damage than one of the support gunner.

If I'm stuck flying alone my main gun should be more powerful than the rear Bombers.

It's just stupid tbh and it's obvious why 90% of planes are Bombers.
    You have two seats to use as deployment drops, the front gun can mill infantry and rear dominates any main plane gun.

It's not as if theres any other way of attacking a plane bar flying behind him.

I'd be happy if they left it at thethe main front gun and driver
    Theres no need for a third seat and its just too conveniently positioned at the minute to lessen the other planes.

I find attacking from the side or above with a rocket salvo takes out bombers pretty well . U just cant attack from the rear unless the gunner is a complete muppet ur gonna lose

I find attacking from the side or above with a rocket salvo takes out bombers pretty well . U just cant attack from the rear unless the gunner is a complete muppet ur gonna lose

agreed...for some weird reason I find everyone flies the bomber really low :confused: makes it easy for me to attack from on high.
    I played one round with a bomber where I had to get 10 kills for a medal and I was as high as I could fly dropping bombs and spotting the enemies... I didn't see a enemy plane come near me for the whole game I was in it..

Blazer wrote: »
    agreed...for some weird reason I find everyone flies the bomber really low :confused: makes it easy for me to attack from on high.
    I played one round with a bomber where I had to get 10 kills for a medal and I was as high as I could fly dropping bombs and spotting the enemies... I didn't see a enemy plane come near me for the whole game I was in it..

If you start to target a bomber's wings and then take up a point behind it you can easily knock them out without much hassle from the gunner (the pilots are generally too fidgety and will try to maneuver the plane causing the gunner to start shooting all over the place)

I've seen lots of people try the high level bombing routine, on Giant's Shadow one guy was up so high I was almost certain it was part of the map as opposed to a player until I managed to spot him, he was out of range of all AA guns and the Bi-Plane couldn't fly as high to him to get a shot. Depending on the type of package you were using I think you could do quite well with it.

The best *training* map I find for destroying bombers is Monte Grappa, bombers usually run the stretch of land between D and B while AA guns are generally destroyed if the fighting gets too heavy on the hillside, if necessary you can jump on the opposite side of the valley to repair away from ambitious tanks and battery gun operators.

• Advertisement

Have not played this in a good few days, must get back on tonite.

Advertisement