Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Got to love those tight alleyways on Amiens.
    DevotedJauntyGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

15 out of 21 players were snipers and the others in tanks. The frustration.

2d94g0l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best off just leaving that type of server as it just makes your piss boil in rage!

Unless you wanna counter sniper for experience or the like.....

Played a few rounds of custom war pigeons last night. No primary weapons makes it interesting. Good craic all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Where do I find the map that was released on Dec 20th? Does it appear in a particular game mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

tigger123 wrote: »
    Where do I find the map that was released on Dec 20th? Does it appear in a particular game mode?

For Conquest: Giant's Shadow is slotted in between Sinai Desert and St Quintin's Scar in normal rotations.

Empires edge in the fog. Claims it was intentional.

Ie6o2YS.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Hal1 wrote: »
    Empires edge in the fog. Claims it was intentional.

Ie6o2YS.gif

I saw that on Reddit, the guy was only messing saying it was intentional wasn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

A lot of Christmas noobs today. Played a bit today and they kept pushing forward off flags while the enemy flanked and took our home flag so the whole team gets sandwiched and enemy has control of the map. They just wanted to spawn kill without realising they were behind them.

Very frustrating.

Operations on fao fortress and suez is so painful being the attacking team.
    Half the team just want to group up and snipe off ridges and over the sand dunes. A few snipers are handy so the enemy has to watch out for them but people take the piss so it's left to the rest to rush the objective which is usually less than 10 willing people.
    A lot of people like to hide behind the rocks taking pop shots not really helping.
    I don't know if it's just ignorance or they think they are actually helping not knowing the defenders don't have tickets.

I played a game last night and there was 8 snipers and a tank trying to snipe off a snap dune.
    We got to the last 2 flags and got the first one so had to push the second. Enemy flanks us and takes the first one. No one turned around to get the flag so the enemy came up behind and raped us and we lost.

Just stop hiding in houses taking pop shots and just rush the flag as a group. It's so simple. Hoping this is just the Christmas noobs.
    Can't even blame the converted cod players, at least we know to keep all the flags to control their spawn.

• Advertisement

Anther gripe I have with players.

Rush c on conquest straight away. Let someone else stay back and get the easy points on a and b or even just leave them until you get c.
    If you get c at the start it really sets you up and you get a spawn in the middle.

Just stop hiding in houses taking pop shots and just rush the flag as a group. It's so simple. Hoping this is just the Christmas noobs.
    Can't even blame the converted cod players, at least we know to keep all the flags to control their spawn.

I doubt it's the Christmas Noobs, this has been a problem since launch and even before that in BF4 towards the release of BF1.

It really boils my blood when I see people grouped up on a hill sniping together and the only squad contribution points they get are Squad Spawns because the rest of their squad members died helping cap flags.

It's unfortunate as well seeing as the Scout has one of the best gadgets available for clearing flags (spotting flare) and they're all camping about 3KM away from the nearest flag.

I have seen a few more Scouts that run with the spotting flare and use the M1903 Experimental which is the ideal Scout in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I have seen a few more Scouts that run with the spotting flare and use the M1903 Experimental which is the ideal Scout in my book.

You can do this with any of the unscoped scout rifles. Even with the scoped ones there's no excuse for not just skirting the edge of the objective and lobbing spotting flares in. Camping in the distance is completely useless for anything other than padding your k:d.

You can do this with any of the unscoped scout rifles. Even with the scoped ones there's no excuse for not just skirting the edge of the objective and lobbing spotting flares in. Camping in the distance is completely useless for anything other than padding your k:d.

I'm more referring to the people using it as a DMR which the M1903 Experimental is far superior due to the huge magazine and decent rate of fire.

I'll take a Scout using an M1903 Experimental at my side over someone using a Russian 1895 Sniper variant from about 2,000M away.

I'll take any scout over someone who dosent understand the enemy will spawn behind us unless you go back and take the flag

At least I'll know he is just selfish.

Very well made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I am so bad at this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As per usual the more you play it the easier it is, you will find what gun suits you in every class. And you will learn the choke points on maps etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Slowly starting to improve the more I play. Getting used to the maps etc. is the main thing for me.
    Have mainly been playing team deathmatch or conquest. Really enjoying this game as are all my mates.
    One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the flametrooper kits when they become available?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Harambe wrote: »
    Slowly starting to improve the more I play. Getting used to the maps etc. is the main thing for me.
    Have mainly been playing team deathmatch or conquest. Really enjoying this game as are all my mates.
    One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the flametrooper kits when they become available?

Run, run like the wind. Everyone else on your team will be.

You could camp beside the crate but they don't spawn often and you'll likely be sniped just as it does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea, that's where you are wrong.

Whatever makes you feel useful ;)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Run, run like the wind. Everyone else on your team will be.

You could camp beside the crate but they don't spawn often and you'll likely be sniped just as it does.

Does the crate spawn in the same location in each map or is it random?
    I have never spotted it but I have seen random crates lying around on maps.

Harambe wrote: »
    Does the crate spawn in the same location in each map or is it random?
    I have never spotted it but I have seen random crates lying around on maps.

Yeah they have specific locations. On Argonne Forest, for example, a flamethrower spawns at the base of the bridge at C. On Fao Fortress, a sentry kit spawns in the castle basement near B, etc.

Edit: Duh, that would be B on Domination. E on Conquest I think.

Yeah they have specific locations. On Argonne Forest, for example, a flamethrower spawns at the base of the bridge at C. On Fao Fortress, a sentry kit spawns in the castle basement near B, etc.

Cool, good to know :)

How so? Having snipers crawling the edges is pointless.
    Only useful thing they can do is distract a player or spot. Something they can do while being close to the action and helping the team

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pretty sure the crates are in fixed locations. You'll get a prompt that such and such a kit has spawned in your area. I generally spin around like a top as you can see the emblem (not always maybe if you're not close enough?) and then just leg it towards the emblem. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Whatever makes you feel useful ;)

Why make this about me? What do I have to do with anything?
    How so? Having snipers crawling the edges is pointless.
    Only useful thing they can do is distract a player or spot. Something they can do while being close to the action and helping the team

Not all snipers that camp on the skirts of the map are useful, not all assault that rush flags are useful, not all medics that revive are useful etc etc.

Snipers, positioned correctly, can defend flags very well and provide covering fire from a distance. They can be incredibly effective, even if they are only after a good K/D ratio.

By the way, I love gas grenades. I used them a lot to basically rack up the points when I was a noob but I've grown to love them.

• Advertisement

Not all snipers that camp on the skirts of the map are useful, not all assault that rush flags are useful, not all medics that revive are useful etc etc.

Snipers, positioned correctly, can defend flags very well and provide covering fire from a distance. They can be incredibly effective, even if they are only after a good K/D ratio.

This misses the point. I don't think anyone would dispute that it's possible for a really good sniper to have a net positive effect by camping in carefully selected locations and making many excellent shots. But those players are extremely rare and one might argue that that same player would be more effective playing as a different class anyway.

But more importantly, the overwhelming majority of camping snipers just aren't that good, aren't effective, and are a net loss to their teams. Most of them are outright comical in their uselessness.

Now I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, if that's how they get their kicks. We all paid for the game and can all choose to play it however we like. But I reserve the right to mock them for their pointlessness.

Advertisement