Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yeah. I reserve my right to feel superior to them and how they enjoy the game as long as I come in the top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have most of ye got the season pass? Have never bothered with one before but may pick it up for this as I am really loving the game and haven't got bored of it since release.

Quick question on the dlc. Are the maps added to the regular server rotations or are the dlc maps all on different servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This misses the point. I don't think anyone would dispute that it's possible for a really good sniper to have a net positive effect by camping in carefully selected locations and making many excellent shots. But those players are extremely rare and one might argue that that same player would be more effective playing as a different class anyway.

But more importantly, the overwhelming majority of camping snipers just aren't that good, aren't effective, and are a net loss to their teams. Most of them are outright comical in their uselessness.

Now I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, if that's how they get their kicks. We all paid for the game and can all choose to play it however we like. But I reserve the right to mock them for their pointlessness.

I don't mind snipers when we are winning and I'll join them if the other team is being hammered.
    It's when flags are being lost left right and centre and they are changing to help get them back is when they get annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't mind snipers when we are winning and I'll join them if the other team is being hammered.
    It's when flags are being lost left right and centre and they are changing to help get them back is when they get annoying.

In fairness I don't care what anyone is doing if we're winning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I still reckon it'd be nice to have a server option where you can only have 2 snipers per squad, I know thats still a large pool of them, but its not uncommon to see squads of 4 snipers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Have most of ye got the season pass? Have never bothered with one before but may pick it up for this as I am really loving the game and haven't got bored of it since release.

Quick question on the dlc. Are the maps added to the regular server rotations or are the dlc maps all on different servers.

I had the deluxe version for cost of vanilla cos of an AMD rx480 promotion, and I'm after upgrading to premium pass yesterday, it was £33 for the origin code on Amazon, which I managed to nab using up some Amazon credit I had gifted to me, it should be well worth getting, but there's no real benefit to getting it between now and the release of first DLC that I could see.

Only thing that changed when I booted up, was 3 new battlepacks, a plain one and 2 superior! (although, I think it gets me priority for server q's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm playing better in a support class role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I had it for BF4 and other than the final stand dlc, which I loved, I never thought it justified the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I personally don't. I will probably get it down the line, I've had it on BF3, BF4 and Battlefront from release but I'm not too bothered about getting it now. Despite all those awesome skins from the extra battlepacks that are totally worth it ;).

DICE haven't directly added DLC maps into "regular" rotations per say.
    Most rotations containing DLC had a specific "theme" apart from being player owned.

In BF3 you had to jump on a Player-owned server to get combined DLC maps (As far as I remember, I had Admin on a server in BF3 so I had the maps shuffled between vanilla and DLC and never needed to play on any other server).

In BF4 there were servers like "Large Scale Battles" which took some larger DLC maps and joined them together with Vanilla maps, but there were often servers that ran single maps like Dragon's Valley and Zavod: Graveyard Shift on single map servers. Along with DLC specific servers - Conquest Naval Strike - Conquest Dragon's Teeth etc etc

In Battlefront (Mentioning because it's a DICE game) was a terrible system for melding maps. Sometimes to play the newer maps you had to join a playlist containing a shuffle on different game modes.

But seeing as they added Giant's Shadow to the regular rotation is a promising sign. Albeit Giant's Shadow is free and available to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I'm playing better in a support class role.

Same here, support is what I use 90% of the time.

• Advertisement

I'm growing to hate this ticket counter more as my team loses close games.

I thought they reverted back to the old system when the "objective only" was slated?.

It seems to me that it's completely killed based.

Ive had a number of occassions where my team had say 3 from 5 points, one of the two in contest with the score say 970-940.
    With my team continuing to hold a majority and the opposition one in full, the round ends basically with the same gap.

I played bF4 for a 1000 hours and I'll be the first to admit I couldn't tell you how that system worked by numbers(ie if we hold 4 from 5 we bleed 1 every 2 seconds while they bleed one every 6 etc) but what I do know is that if it was 970 to 940 and 3 flags to one, the counter would be shooting up for us, and crawling for them.

Going to try record it next time to really analyse it at the end and watch the kill feed.

Harambe wrote: »
    Same here, support is what I use 90% of the time.

I know it's bad, but if I'm pinned down by a guy shooting from a window, I just use the AT gun and blast the window and wall away.

I know it's bad, but if I'm pinned down by a guy shooting from a window, I just use the AT gun and blast the window and wall away.

To be fair the way the debris damage works, it's probably more beneficial to knock out the window + walls than to pop a grenade in the room. Similar to the buildings and stables on St.Quentin's scar.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    To be fair the way the debris damage works, it's probably more beneficial to knock out the window + walls than to pop a grenade in the room. Similar to the buildings and stables on St.Quentin's scar.

it can be quite satisfying to kill a sniper that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

tMftzJX.gif

Why do pilots always bail :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked this up in the PSN sale the others day and I can't for the life of me see who's killing me, I've tried adjusting my brightness but it's doesn't help. Never had this problem with 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

The hype train is here:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me see who's killing me, I've tried adjusting my brightness but it's doesn't help. Never had this problem with 4.

Are you playing Hardcore, the kill cam will tell you who killed you?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Picked this up in the PSN sale the others day and I can't for the life of me see who's killing me, I've tried adjusting my brightness but it's doesn't help. Never had this problem with 4.

Can you elaborate a bit?

As they are killing you or after they have killed you?

Player outlines missing?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Are you playing Hardcore, the kill cam will tell you who killed you?

Not sure tbh, I'm just picking matches from the servers browser or just joining my brother.

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Can you elaborate a bit?

As they are killing you or after they have killed you?

Player outlines missing?

Like I can't spot them at all, I can see them after I get killed cause it shows them glowing up, but during gameplay it's very hard for me to spot them if there not right infront of me.

I've gotten a bit more used to it but it's still head wreckin. It's almost as if the colour is turned down in the game, I know it's set in WW1 so I wouldn't be the most colourful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Maybe look at a youtube clip of game play on your phone and see if it looks any better, might be the screen

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Maybe look at a youtube clip of game play on your phone and see if it looks any better, might be the screen

Yeah I've changed my settings on my TV and it helped a bit, guess it'll just take some getting used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 french_bloke

https://youtu.be/ezvnCaEjWsI

This is how I dealt with camping snipers the other night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Well , you certainly showed them .

You lost 'A' while 1/2 of your squad were jumping around on the hillside.

If anyone hasn't tried the new Custom game mode "Armoured Kill" (Throwback to BF3). Played a few rounds of it last night and really enjoying the heavy focus on vehicles and likewise the players that are working together to destroy the vehicles.

All vehicle respawn times are halved and the Scout class is locked out entirely from use. Makes the gameplay a bit faster and more aggressive due to the only 2 classes being pushed heavily are the Support and Assault.

However If you like to play as a cavalry unit then get used to not having a primary (if you're one of those players that likes to ditch the horse and make use of the extra HP) due to the Russian 1895 being locked out of use and since the medic has a couple of rifles capable of nailing an enemy from across the map, that class is now reduced to a pistol with no primary.

While the Medic class is severely crippled, many players are choosing to not play it. Last night I was the only medic not just on my team but in the entire game but it was quite fun making use of the pistols and melee weapons plus reviving team mates that the tank had already rolled by and still had their AT rockets loaded and ready to go was beautiful.

Jaysus the war was nearly over by the time you killed him ffs!

:pac::pac:

The Huot should NOT be a Rank 10 weapon. The Madsen MG and MG15 are much more useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Standard issue rifles is so much fun! :)

• Advertisement

Have not played this in ages, gonna log on tonight for a blast......hopefully catch the bug again.

Advertisement