Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have not played this in ages, gonna log on tonight for a blast......hopefully catch the bug again.

First BF game I played that bores me.... just don't love it like i did BFBC2, bf3 and bf4. Not getting premium unless something changes.

Game full of dopes, it is like a sprit around the map and after playing rainbow six seige I find there is no point to bf1, ie no ranking system of interest.

It is bad times

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    You lost 'A' while 1/2 of your squad were jumping around on the hillside.

If anyone hasn't tried the new Custom game mode "Armoured Kill" (Throwback to BF3). Played a few rounds of it last night and really enjoying the heavy focus on vehicles and likewise the players that are working together to destroy the vehicles.

All vehicle respawn times are halved and the Scout class is locked out entirely from use. Makes the gameplay a bit faster and more aggressive due to the only 2 classes being pushed heavily are the Support and Assault.

However If you like to play as a cavalry unit then get used to not having a primary (if you're one of those players that likes to ditch the horse and make use of the extra HP) due to the Russian 1895 being locked out of use and since the medic has a couple of rifles capable of nailing an enemy from across the map, that class is now reduced to a pistol with no primary.

While the Medic class is severely crippled, many players are choosing to not play it. Last night I was the only medic not just on my team but in the entire game but it was quite fun making use of the pistols and melee weapons plus reviving team mates that the tank had already rolled by and still had their AT rockets loaded and ready to go was beautiful.

Sounds good as I think vehicles in bf1 are not as well incorporated into the game as bf3 and bf4. How many tank battles have you had? None it seems :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have not played this in ages, gonna log on tonight for a blast......hopefully catch the bug again.

I was away for weeks from it and went back the other day, back playing about 2 hours a night and still excellent fun.

I just still cannot believe the revive shooting bug thing still exists, one of the most obvious bugs in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I was away for weeks from it and went back the other day, back playing about 2 hours a night and still excellent fun.

I just still cannot believe the revive shooting bug thing still exists, one of the most obvious bugs in the game.

But sure they are still making money, Why would they fix it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

How many tank battles have you had? None it seems :)

I'm sorry?

rZH9AiW.jpg

Along with a combined 343 vehicles destroyed between them.

I'm still amazed that it takes forever to quit a game from the end of round screen, it'd prob be faster to close the app or Alt+F4 it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm sorry?

rZH9AiW.jpg

Along with a combined 343 vehicles destroyed between them.

Flanker light tank is where it's at man! :D Although you have to run and hide from other tanks...

406526.PNG

Flanker light tank is where it's at man! :D Although you have to run and hide from other tanks...

406526.PNG

In all seriousness, fair play to that. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the light tanks effectively.

I push flags way too hard in a tank, I just get annihilated when using trying to do it in a light tank.

In all seriousness, fair play to that. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the light tanks effectively.

I push flags way too hard in a tank, I just get annihilated when using trying to do it in a light tank.

The way I do it is to really rely on my infantry. I try to move with them and when they reach a flag I'll hang back on the outskirts and provide cover. It's nimble enough to draw the heavies into your infantry too, or at the very least distract them while your assaults get in position.

Still, one misstep and your dead and it happens often. You get fixated on killing someone and don't notice your lines change and then suddenly there are 3 assaults on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I went 50 - 0 the other night in a heavy tank. Hadn't played in a few days and there was some guy healing me which helped loads.

I'd usually push a flag and then be hit a few times so pull back and repair and reload
    I usually push too much and get caught with a tank and an assault player attacking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm sorry?

The Light Tank in howitzer configuration is the king, it's a killing machine. I've only played the game for about 55h in total. :)

AnoCA36.jpg

• Advertisement

The Light Tank in howitzer configuration is the king, it's a killing machine. I've only played the game for about 55h in total. :)

AnoCA36.jpg

I've actually never even tried that configuration. I must give it a go at some point.

Where are you getting the stats lads....in game? Must check mine out......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

https://battlefieldtracker.com/

Server offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Server offline?
    Same here actually yeah site must be down, was working when I stuck the link up

I just use the Web Companion. Just be careful because sometimes editing your loadout through it will reset everything when you go back in-game because ... Sweden.

BF1 stats is set to go live soon™.

I have 13 service stars in the heavy tank so would love to see the stats, Id say I only have 2-3 in the light tank if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Are the medals glitched on ps4? I've done countless resupplies and heals on the various weekly medals and no joy getting the portion of the medals unlocked

I have completed charlemegne cross, rush based medal

I don't even bother with the medals anymore, they're way too finicky and mess themselves up too often to be arsed.

I don't even bother with the medals anymore, they're way too finicky and mess themselves up too often to be arsed.

It keeps giving me the same medals week after week. In the last 3 weeks I've only gotten 2 I've never done before. They should just bring back the old ribbon and medal system.

• Advertisement

Yeah I never bothered with them either, the fact you have to do them in a certain order is crazy (might be wrong on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Yeah I never bothered with them either, the fact you have to do them in a certain order is crazy (might be wrong on that)

That could be it, jesus wept! Thanks a million

Yeah if it asks you to do 3 things to get a medal as in 10 heals, 10 headshots and 10 nade kills you cant do the nade and the headshots 1st. You would have to do the heals 1st and then in order ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

They dont give loads of XP either. Just busy work imo really,devs would probably call it "content"

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I'd love a decent method of killing tanks, just played a game on Monte Grappa where a guy camped in a tank overlooking Flag B he was 22-0 before I could root him out of it. Fries me that I cant kill the tanks on my own. I know its historically accurate but not balanced at all. Id love to see the AT grenades boosted to at least 30 damage a time. I will be migrating back to BF4 at this rate. Also the ime between games is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

tim3000 wrote: »
    I'd love a decent method of killing tanks, just played a game on Monte Grappa where a guy camped in a tank overlooking Flag B he was 22-0 before I could root him out of it. Fries me that I cant kill the tanks on my own. I know its historically accurate but not balanced at all. Id love to see the AT grenades boosted to at least 30 damage a time. I will be migrating back to BF4 at this rate. Also the ime between games is shocking.

It's definitely do-able. I do it as an AT assault multiple times every round. Find their line of sight, get close and throw smoke if you think you need it, either place dynamite or mines around the tank then either detonate the dynamite or lob smoke, along with your AT grenades. The driver'll roll straight into your mines if you're not tripping the explosives.

Make use of smoke though. It makes for great cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭twinytwo

I doubt it's the Christmas Noobs, this has been a problem since launch and even before that in BF4 towards the release of BF1.

It really boils my blood when I see people grouped up on a hill sniping together and the only squad contribution points they get are Squad Spawns because the rest of their squad members died helping cap flags.

It's unfortunate as well seeing as the Scout has one of the best gadgets available for clearing flags (spotting flare) and they're all camping about 3KM away from the nearest flag.

I have seen a few more Scouts that run with the spotting flare and use the M1903 Experimental which is the ideal Scout in my book.

The real problem is, the vast majority of players who go scout arnt very good at it. Even considering sniping is so much easier than in BF4, so you have 10 snipers on one team and maybe 2 can consistantly kill at distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭twinytwo

OldBean wrote: »
    It's definitely do-able. I do it as an AT assault multiple times every round. Find their line of sight, get close and throw smoke if you think you need it, either place dynamite or mines around the tank then either detonate the dynamite or lob smoke, along with your AT grenades. The driver'll roll straight into your mines if you're not tripping the explosives.

Iv gone 90-0 in the heavy tank, i think the issue is most players either dont care or dont see the tank as enemy number one.

Now if you get a squad of guys who go hard at the tank they should be able to take it out with relative ease

Usually end up stuck on something and boom starts raining anti tank grenades:(

twinytwo wrote: »
    Usually end up stuck on something and boom starts raining anti tank grenades:(

Haha yeah that probably describes 90 percent of my tank deaths too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

OldBean wrote: »

I have never thought of smoke grenades, that might be something I might do. I might change out the rocket gun/at mines for the dynamite and see. Cheers for the tip :)

Advertisement