Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Smoke is so good. If you've taken or are taking a point and have limited cover, chuck it down. If you're in a bunker, throw it just outside the door so you can't be seen until it's too late. Assaulting a bunker? Chuck it on in there. Snipers pinning you down, smoke their direction.

I played a LOT of Insurgency and learned the benefits of good smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

OldBean wrote: »
    I played a LOT of Insurgency and learned the benefits of good smoke.

All I learned was "Cyka blyat idi nahui".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont forget the limpet charge MY GOD IT DESTROYS TANKS, I use it constantly. And it blows itself up or I shoot it if I want it to go quicker.

twinytwo wrote: »
    The real problem is, the vast majority of players who go scout arnt very good at it. Even considering sniping is so much easier than in BF4, so you have 10 snipers on one team and maybe 2 can consistantly kill at distance.

They just aren't very good at all. Extends to anyone who likes to sit back from an objective with a long range rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Limpet charge is great against infantry too. Chuck them in windows and then sit back and laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Played a few rounds of back to basics on Monday and yesterday evening, I found it great fun running standard issue bolt action rifles, really made them kills with the iron sights more rewarding for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I finally unlocked the Hellriegel as Assault - I heard people say it wasn't great, but I think it's pretty damn fantastic. I'm actually playing much better as assault now.

Also on the limpet charge, I've never used it and you don't see it being used that often at all, but it's obilerated me a few times in tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I've got so many kills on Amiens from the impact charge. If I'm starting at F I'll take F and E then head straight for A, take that point and set charges around it. The Tanks walk straight into it everytime

I finally unlocked the Hellriegel as Assault - I heard people say it wasn't great, but I think it's pretty damn fantastic. I'm actually playing much better as assault now.

Also on the limpet charge, I've never used it and you don't see it being used that often at all, but it's obilerated me a few times in tanks.

Just dont get cocky with the HellR, its great for close combat but you will be found wanting in alot of the bigger maps.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just dont get cocky with the HellR, its great for close combat but you will be found wanting in alot of the bigger maps.

You have to manually burst your shots to gain a few kills at a distance, at the end of the day you have to remember it is an SMG. It's made exactly for close quarters.

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    You have to manually burst your shots to gain a few kills at a distance, at the end of the day you have to remember it is an SMG. It's made exactly for close quarters.

I prefer the automatico myself but at least its a nice gun to get for lvl 10 unlock unlike some of the classes.

I prefer the automatico myself but at least its a nice gun to get for lvl 10 unlock unlike some of the classes.

Big fan of the Automatico as well due to the high rate of fire.

Only Rank 10 weapon worth it really, 5 rounds in the Selbstlader 1906 is too few for a weapon that requires 3 shots to kill.

Martini might as well be from the French Revolution with that single shot musket craic.

The Huot might as well be loaded with crayons.

Yeah they really dropped the ball on the "special" weapons, wont be breaking my balls to get the new ones in the new DLC either at this rate. Had a few games last night and its only when you stop playing for a bit and start back the glearing problems that are still there.

First thing I did was hop into the AA on Monte Grappa and go 30-0 in the space of 10 mins and NO ONE on the other side gave a flying (pun intended) fook! They just said to themselves stay away from X position as there is a LEGEND in an AA truck.

Where as if it was me, I would make it my mission to get someone dominating like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've actually never used the truck at all, actually. What's it like compared the normal AA positions, does it have longer range/more power or just that it's mobile and immune to snipers that makes it so good?

It is quite strong against fighters, but you do have to be accurate. It can be killed easy by bombers and assault nades but the majority of people fly straight line towards AA and they get REKTED.....its great fun prolly my fav vehicle in the game.

Only thing that is terrible is the clearance of the vehicle itself it would get stuck on a grain of salt, so dont drive it like a tank or you will be a sitting duck. Stick to VERY FLAT surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bf1 medics in a nutshell.

Yep, that is them in a nutshell. Too worried about getting killed the ****in saap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

dreamers75 wrote: »

Bf1 medics in a nutshell.

We're not all like that.

For the February patch, DICE really need to look at the points being given to Flag defends.

In the current standing it's better pointwise to run from flag to flag capturing it and moving on.
    (I personally don't do this as the standard tactic in most games now is to steal the closest flag to the enemy base, I naturally rebound to try and defend it while calling on my squadmates to do the same. There's more than one side to PTFO.)

Most people don't seem to know that keeping certain flags gives your team access to more hardware, or they do know and don't care. (B flag on Monte Grappa gives your team access to another plane)

I know people will be screaming and shouting if defensive points are given a huge boost over attacking but there needs to be a decent incentive so that people can think to themselves "We're trying to attack C and making no headway but our A flag is being taken so I'll spawn back and defend it."

The way you see some people just charging at points you'd swear it was the Battle of Stalingrad in 1942, to be fair the amount of people I've seen with Swastikas as emblems isn't exactly disproving that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Shur just spawn at any point being taken and look at how many of your team are actually running away from it . At least if it was a LAN game you could get up and go over to them and beat them to within an inch of their lives !

• Advertisement

Details next week.

So ..... the artillery truck comes in a anti air variety ? - well mine doesn't , so what am I supposed to do to get the anti air variety ? is it to do with Tanker class leveling up ?

All vehicle you can customise if you have the warbonds to do so, when you click on the small vehicle icon on the map when the number is beside it (usually 1-2) then you get the selction screen like you do with the classes. Select the vehicle you want and DONT hit deply hit customise like you would with the weapon and select the type of vehicle you want, I dont like the Artillary truck as a CANNON its very slow.

All vehicle you can customise if you have the warbonds to do so, when you click on the small vehicle icon on the map when the number is beside it (usually 1-2) then you get the selction screen like you do with the classes. Select the vehicle you want and DONT hit deply hit customise like you would with the weapon and select the type of vehicle you want, I dont like the Artillary truck as a CANNON its very slow.

Well I missed that completely .... getting old .

I love players like you.....easy kill.

LMAO

I love players like you.....easy kill.

LMAO

I love people who think like you ......... easy kill . ;)

Ohhh thems there fighting words!

I just come at you in a plane and you try to kill me with the cannon AA...pmsl.

;)

Ohhh thems there fighting words!

I just come at you in a plane and you try to kill me with the cannon AA...pmsl.

;)

Nah , I shoot down planes with the big double cannons on ...... Empires edge ?

#skilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Advertisement