Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Yeah the martini in back to basics is crap, I was on the Turkish side in Sinai desert we got beat 420-1000 last night, we couldn't attack a position when the enemy had it we got picked off in the distance before we could get into range,

Looking forward to the launch of more operations, I find that mode great

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LMFAO that is quality, blessed you had that medic gun with the large clip. I can imagine if you spawned in with the Automatico.....pmsl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What gun is that Xtra?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMFAO that is quality, blessed you had that medic gun with the large clip. I can imagine if you spawned in with the Automatico.....pmsl.

This isn't my footage, I was just shown it and thought I'd post it, knowing my luck I'd be one of the nine.
    What gun is that Xtra?

M1907 SL Trench on the Medic Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Playing war pigeons the last few days, its great fun and can have some manic games, everyone seems to play the objective - havent come across many campers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuuq45Nvuvc
    Anyone else have this problem when joining game's, it's happening me a bit can't understand it, everything seems ok with the Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yeah happens me usually when I first log in and hit quick match.
    I just reset and go the 'long way' to a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

happens me regular since the last patch :mad:

Thanks lads, was a bit worried there was something wrong with the tv or connection between the Xbox and it,

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

New update out for AMD.

Has anyone installed the update yet? The 16.1.1 update wrecked Battlefield 1 for me, couldn't play the game for about 3 weeks, kept crashing out with a Directx issue. Since 17.1.1 update everything has been grand so I was thinking that I might as well leave it till I at lest get some feedback on this new update.

The last update seemed to affect the R9 300s, I have the R9 380.

Any feedback be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Heh, just had a game where I went 53-0 in the flanker light tank on Giant's Shadow. That thing is an absolute beast. Managed to take out three artillery trucks who really should have killed me but the drivers had no awareness whatsoever.

Try driving it backwards so the armour is to the front you will get 100-0 LMAO. Controls are reversed but its great fun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Spawns on the new Fort Vaux. lel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It took way longer than it should, but I finally got the EE dog tag...

Hal1 wrote: »
    It took way longer than it should, but I finally got the EE dog tag...

.-- . .-.. .-.. -.. --- -. .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

- .... .- -. -.- ... / -- .- -. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

Out March 14th for Premium.

28th for regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hoffa001

Hi. Is there a dedicated thread for PS4 BF1 squads and clans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Will new maps likely be in regular rotation or will we have to access them separately?

Will new maps likely be in regular rotation or will we have to access them separately?

I imagine it will be similar to bf4. Server browser will have an icon to say if it's running the DLC or not and you won't be able to join it if it does.

It's a bad system sadly due to the player base split. Had hoped they would learn for bf1 but unfortunately not.

That said, I'm just guessing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Managed to take out three artillery trucks who really should have killed me but the drivers had no awareness whatsoever.
    They're brutal aren't they. I was playing a sniper the other night and well away from the flags i.e. Camping :) and saw one of these heading towards me. Thought I was screwed but he parked about 3 feet beside me and started shooting into the flags completely oblivious to me. Had a squad mate spawn with c4 who took him out. Sure as hell 2 mins later the same guy drives right up beside me again but makes sure to kill my squad mate again:) not realisIng I was there also. Squad mate spawns on me and takes him out again :)
    I say he was fair pissed off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have to agree with this, its why myself and my long time BF playing friends of many years don't bother with BF1 anymore, its just too damn easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Aye, agree with it myself. Initially it was a great buzz but it didn't take long to realise you can just run from flag to flag practically with your eyes closed and you'll be in the top 2-3 scorers. All my friends bought it thanks to the epic hype so I still play it now and again. I tend to just piss about in a tank for a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

All the points he makes were evident in the beta - kinda strange it's taken this long to make a video about it, especially since xfactor and others have done very similar posts months ago.
    But it does seem DICE are listening, they've just launched the Battlefield Roots Initative, headed by David 't1gge' Sirland (him of DICE LA who was the main driver behind all the cte fixes in BF4).
    So basically they've brought in the guy who fixed BF4 to re-fix all the things that were undone from bf4 to bf1. Makes sense.

There is a perfect counter to the bayonet charge......its a counter bayonet charge!!! And if you are the one who activates it 2nd you are 100% gonna win.

Grenade spamming has been around since BF2 and 2142 and nothing done about them....but they are more of a problem in BF1 with the tight maps especially.

One thing he has nailed on the head is the bullet deviation from the medic rifles its absolutely ridiculous.....its like you have a ping of 500 sometimes. I notice this especially as I run medic 80% of the time.

I also agree that the points should be more for capping flags then killings is a good thing, maybe not as high but its better then camping for kills.

There has never been a huge "SKILL" to any of the battlefield games IMO, and I have played them since BF2 (no skill in dolphin diving all over the shop or running around with the G3 and suicide jeeps etc) yes the other games were harder to play with more emphasis on game play rather then graphics etc but BF1 is still really fun to play but more skill is needed to use the weapons over all with none of this automatic lock on ****e spam. If you notice people running amuck in BF1 they are all using the same 1 or 2 weapons.

Shooting an automatic weapon in bursts in previous BF games to negate recoil is not exactly a skill in fairness.

I can remember raping in tanks in BF2 also no probs, I think its the standard of players is down compared to years ago. There are alot more casual gamers now compared to HARDCORE gamers....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

He also left a few other changes that are there for the more casual player, behemoths, elite classes and more powerful tanks than other BFs.

But it's mainly the lack of variety, customisation options and progression that stops me going back to it.

7,500 kills and 70 hours in BF1 and I'm bored where as in BF3 and BF4 I had over 20,000 in each before I stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Personally think the game lies somewhere between the older BF games and the new Battlefront in terms of a feeling of depth. Liked that at the begining but the motivation to play dried up pretty quickly.

Still think its a good game but just doesnt have the longevity of previous BF games for me.

• Advertisement

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    All the points he makes were evident in the beta - kinda strange it's taken this long to make a video about it, especially since xfactor and others have done very similar posts months ago.

Gotta get that cash though.

Tired of these utoobers for the most part. Most are a bunch of whiny bitches but the main problem is their mass of uneducated, mindless followers with their tongues so far up <insert youtuber here>'s arse, that they can't think for themselves.
    They see a video from someone, the proceed to link the video all over reddit / BF forums spouting about how right he is and this needs to get sorted right away and bla bla bla.
    As you said, all of this was in the beta. We knew about it then. Why is everyone getting on the bitchy train now that levelcap / matimo / xfactor have just decided to bring it up? They should have voiced their opinion about it months ago like the rest of us did.

The main problem with BF1 atm <for me> is the lack of content. They're taking way too long to roll out DLC. Great that one is due next week but even at that, I've played the crap out of it on CTE so it's nothing new for me now. I really hope we're not waiting months for another one.
    That said, I'm still a regular to BF1 and still really enjoy it. Most of that is centered around who I'm playing with and what we're at though.

Advertisement