Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive been saying it since 2-3 weeks after release [I didn't bother with the beta], its just nice to have a video from a youtuber to enforce ones point pictures speak louder than words and all that.
    Don't see a problem with that.

Main problem for me with BF1 is not content its the plain and boring gunplay that's dumbed down no end to appeal to the masses.
    No amount of content can hide that.
    No doubt dice and ea are all the wealthier for it too so its not gonna change.

Gaming as a whole is dumbed down from what ive known as a gamer of 20 years and its all down to your casual console user who make up the vast majority of the gamer population.

Developers are falling over themselves providing for this generation of gamers, you know the ones, they see a trailer and wet themselves then run off to pre order all sorts of editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt watch the video, no intention of either.

Have any of you partaken in Hardcore? Its what poor players called noobcore because every bullet kills. Which is sort of how shooty type games should work. I find avoiding bullets is the best tactic in that.

BF1 is a very well made game with very well made elements but the addition of Hardcore is what makes it very good. I havent played in a while but no way in hell I would play the normal mode in any BF game ever. Why it took so long for BF1 to get it I dont understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I haven't actually bothered with hardcore even though thats how i played on bf4 and cod. It's probably cause it wasn't there from the start. My biggest issue is that i don't really care if i die, it doesn't make much of a difference to anyone in the game so it doesn't really matter, just spawn again and might get lucky and get a tank etc. Anyway i think there's a place for games like this so i'll not hate on it anymore, i'll stick to games that are designed to be competitive and jump into bf when i want to mill people over in a tank

• Registered Users Posts: 39 stoker7

I play both Hardcore and regular matches. I cannot play Hardcore before I go to bed as I cannot sleep with all the jitters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haven't played the game in ages but reviews of They Shall Not Pass are quite good, so looking forward to getting back into it. By coincidence I'm off for four or five days starting tomorrow so the timing is perfect!

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-they-shall-not-pass-review/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Will this be out at midnight or a specific time tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Anyone know how much They Shall NOt Pass will be? I am still enjoying the game a lot. It's the perfect tag in when I am not playing Overwatch or Diablo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Will this be out at midnight or a specific time tomorrow

The Update will be automatically deployed to your platform on Tuesday, March 14th across all platforms with the following downtimes:
    PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 08.00 UTC / 1.00 AM PST.PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 10.00 UTC / 3.00 AM PST.Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 12.00 UTC / 5.00 AM PST.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That's the update times but word on the street is 3pm dlc is playable

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Didnt watch the video, no intention of either.

Have any of you partaken in Hardcore? Its what poor players called noobcore because every bullet kills. Which is sort of how shooty type games should work. I find avoiding bullets is the best tactic in that.

BF1 is a very well made game with very well made elements but the addition of Hardcore is what makes it very good. I havent played in a while but no way in hell I would play the normal mode in any BF game ever. Why it took so long for BF1 to get it I dont understand.

Do you know any good hardcore servers on the xbox? There's only one that I can find and it's always full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone else finding the servers for BF1 are down for PS4 this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the servers for BF1 are down for PS4 this afternoon?

Isn't there updates due at 5 Pacific time, that could be why

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

tripperman wrote: »
    Isn't there updates due at 5 Pacific time, that could be why

Yep, got it an installed it earlier. Do they temporarily shut down the network to allow everyone update?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Damn, they took one of my gas grenades :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Damn, they took one of my gas grenades :mad:

Was thinking the same but I'm pretty sure I still had 2 but they are staggered, as in once you throw your first one you'll automatically get your second one a short time later.

Was playing domination on the new maps there as I have the premium pass. Really enjoyed Fort De Vaux!

Anyone know how you play Team Deathmatch in the new maps? When I played earlier it was just all of the original maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

One of the new maps is a load of shite. Can't remember the names yet, but it's the one with all the fire. The other 3 are all good fun. The new tank is interesting, it's still no flanker light tank though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

How much does the dlc cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nor sure, it's not on sale yet. Only way to get it at the moment is with Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think the DLC is 15 quid each or 50 for the season pass, so you'd be saving a tenner over all 4 DLCs

I played a few games of Operations on the new maps last night. It was good craic. The medic class is much more accurate now. Grenades auto respawn after 30 seconds even if you don't have an ammo crate nearby, so there are still a lot of grenades and mortars going off everywhere.

I think I'll be sticking to hardcore because people tend to hold off a little on the explosive spamming when team-killing is turned on.

The new behemoth is like shooting fish in a barrel if you're manning a gun and there's a decent driver and someone to repair from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Frontlines is class. Really enjoyed it last night.
    Had some matches that lasted 4 minutes when one side just got steamrolled, the other matches that took an hour or more. You are quite physically drained after the long games.

The new maps are all very good for the most part however it heavily depends on the game mode. The operations is quite unbalanced on The Devils Anvil. Kinda badly designed once you get to a point with bunkers. We only managed to break through the bunkers once throughout hours of playing it yesterday.

For weapon unlocks, it seems they can bug out. If you are unlocking a weapon that had a requirement of x kills in a round, do that part first no matter what position it is in on the list. Myself and others have had issues where partial unlocks have bugged out and apparently this is the solution for now.

• Advertisement

Haven't had a chance to jump in yet. Are the new maps on sale separate server or are they in general rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Haven't had a chance to jump in yet. Are the new maps on sale separate server or are they in general rotation

They seem to be on separate rotation at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Harambe wrote: »

Anyone know how you play Team Deathmatch in the new maps? When I played earlier it was just all of the original maps.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

The resetting of the weapon unlock is doing my head in, have completed the 15 kills in 1 round with the telescopic three times now and every time it resets like I never did it at the end of the round.  Seems to be tracking my mortar kills fine but its seriously p***** me off at this stage.

Anyone figure our how to play new maps on conquest. Are they just in the normal quick match server rotation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Anyone figure our how to play new maps on conquest. Are they just in the normal quick match server rotation

Yeah it's the first option in the screen.

Verdun is a savage map. If the other team has good players you are gonna get push back into your spawn and their is no way to flank around.
    They are all enjoyable.
    The one in the fort is grand if you wanna run around with a shotgun.

Plenty of good players playing so loads of ammo and health around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Seriously...I MEAN SERIOUSLY

Self resupplies of grenades after 30 secs.......WTF!!! Make support even more redundant then it already is.

Nade spamming in this is terrible this just encourages it.

Bad bad move DICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Self resupplies of grenades after 30 secs.......WTF!!! Make support even more redundant then it already is.

Bad bad move DICE.
    Lad that has been there since the Alpha and Beta. Even posted it here months ago. Equip the ammo pouch and off you pop. Pretty much DICE in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lad that has been there since the Alpha and Beta. Even posted it here months ago. Equip the ammo pouch and off you pop. Pretty much DICE in a nutshell.

Apart from one game which our squad used the in game voip I don't think any any other game used tactics etc, basically just blind charging and going for kdr. Battlefield is really just a pretty looking cod now with vehicles. Getting rid of commander really stripped the tactics side out and instead you have to rely on your team mates not being idiots. I still enjoy the game but compared to bf2 which i played 3-4 hours a night at least I only manage about 1-2 hours of bf1 before I turn off it and switch to something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Bad bad move DICE.

Just on that note:
    LINK

It's regarding fixes in general but addresses nades.
    tldr, data shows nade spam has reduced in general so far but they admit it's still not enough and they are still looking at it.

Advertisement