Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High kVA cost

Options
  • 15-12-2015 1:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi, our Electric Ireland bill regularly has a similar kva cost than the amount of electricity, for example if our electricity cost amounted to €30 our kVA (listed at 49) is roughly the same. I queried this with the esb and I was told I am paying far too much but we recently had a family bereavment and I've not followed it up.

Surely I am paying too high a kVA? We used 1900 units of electricity over the last two months. I know of buisnesses in town that pay nothing like the kVA that we do and some of them are bakeries and the likes who have ovens, fridges and freezers running all the time.

Could somebody clarify for me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Mark,

We are sorry to read of your family bereavement.

We look after residential queries here on Boards.ie but we can organise for a member of the Business team to telephone you if you like?

Do private message us your full name, business name/business type and telephone number, and the best time(s) to telephone you up to 5.30, and we will send on your request to the Business team immediately.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Thanks Una, PM sent.

Advertisement