Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct backdated? Please help.

Options
  • 15-12-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Am looking at getting a 2001 honda crv...as need to sell my own jeep and get something older to free up much needed cash.

The one I am looking at is in good cond just needs two tyres for new nct.
    However the last nct ran out in 06/2014

What happens when I take it in the new year for a nct??/?
    People have told me I will get a new years nct if it passes , and others say that it will be backdated?

Why would it be backdated? and if so, when would they backdate it to??
    Do I only get a 3 month or 6 month nct if they backdate??

Bit confused..on this issue..anyone with prior experience of the issue would be greatly appreciated. thanks:):):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭listermint

spacekiwi wrote: »
    Am looking at getting a 2001 honda crv...as need to sell my own jeep and get something older to free up much needed cash.

People have told me I will get a new years nct if it passes , and others say that it will be backdated?

Bit confused..on this issue..anyone with prior experience of the issue would be greatly appreciated. thanks:):):):):)

They will back date yes from the month it expired as far as i recall which will mean you will get a shortened nct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

spacekiwi wrote: »

It will be back dated
    It will last one year
    It will be back dated to the date you book the test so if you book it today it will be back dated till now
    Length of cert depends on how quick you get the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The NCT is never back dated as it is only ever valid from the date you passed the test.
    The expiry of the cert depends on when you pass the test and if you currently have a valid* cert (which you don't)

In your case your due date for the NCT is 06/2016 (lets use 10/06/2016 as an example).
    • If you pass the test within 90 days before the 10/06/2016 the cert will be valid from the day of the test until 10/06/2017 (ie. 1 year and a bit).
    • If you pass the NCT more than 90 days before 10/06/2016 your cert will be valid from the day of the test until 10/06/2016 (ie. less than 1 year)

* There is a voluntary early testing which gives you a full 1 year cert from the date of passing the test but you do not qualify for that as your NCT is currently expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

Brilliant. thanks.. that clears that up for me...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

great...thanks alot

• Advertisement
Advertisement