Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Graphics card for Nvidia PC Streaming

Options
  • 15-12-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I currently have a Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Overclocked 2GB card.
    I recently bought a Nvidia Shield TV which allows you to stream your PC games to the TV.

To take advantage of this, I need a GeForce GTX card.
    Can anyone recommend a card for it around the €250 price?

Here is more info on my build if it's needed:
    Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600 Watt ATX PS
    Intel Core i5 4670 - 3.4 GHz
    ASRock H87M Pro4 Motherboard

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

A new GTX 960 should be around that price or less. Would perform a good bit better than the 270X. If you wanted to spend more, the 970 is your only other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 NoelOC

Thanks, looks nice with 4GB of G Ram compared to the 2GB of my 270X

Follow up question:
    When I search for GTX 970 I get options for various different Brands
    eg:

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    MSI NVIDIA GTX 970
    EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Zotac GeForce GTX 970

What's going on there? Are they all using the same chip and adding their own case and extra too it?

What's the best brand to go for in this case?

Honestly they are all good brands. The companies take the graphics chip and redesign the PCB, add better components (capacitors, etc) and add a custom cooling solution.

The best brand is hard to say, whichever one looks nice, give it a google for a review to make sure it works well. The reference design (NVidia design, looks like a box with a fan hole) should probably be avoided. The cooler is usually not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 NoelOC

Thanks for the tip.

The Gigabyte version looks quite cool and has 3 fans compared to 2 on most of the other version.
    However, on Amazon it's €413 and hardwareversand €372.99 before shipping.

It's a bit more expensive than the GTX 960 for €250.

If I can sell my Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Overclocked 2GB for €150 then I'll just go for the GTX 970.
    It is a very nice improvement.

Thanks for your help.

Remember to start pricing at €175 to start with in order to maximise your chances if selling on Adverts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement