Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI inputs into an old projector and old entertainment system

• 15-12-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping you maybe able to help.

I want to hook HDMI equipment (X Box One, Android box, freeview box etc) into a INFOCUS X8 Video Projector and run the sound into an old pre-HDMI Philips DVD Player/5.1 sound system.

In the past I had an X Box 360 with a cable that split the video and audio into two inputs - I would connect the audio into the audio in port and use a pair of PC speakers from the projector as the output.

I have an adapter that will plug a HDMI cable into the projector's computer input port so the image is fine.

What I'm wondering is if a cable exists that will allow me to run the image to the projector, but splits the audio into a seperate output that could be run to the DVD player/sound system?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think this is what you need ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Thanks Zener,

Came across one of those HDMI audio extractors on my earches elewhere. Tried one but unfortunately didn't work for me. Tested the speakers, which still work, and made sure the L&R cables and inputs I was using work by hooking a record player up to it to check them out.

All working fine. However while the extractor sends the video out faithfully, the audio won't come with it unfortunately. Thanks.

Advertisement