Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KODI to Chromecast

Options
  • 15-12-2015 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi

Not sure if its been asked before. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab running Kodi. Is there anyway to cast this via Chromecast with the same quality?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Can you mirror your Tablet screen to chromecast ? Not too sure about the quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smkopite

Hi I have tried to load metal kettle and it is not working properly any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Smkopite wrote: »
    Hi I have tried to load metal kettle and it is not working properly any ideas

Is it plugged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

First you need th cast the table screen using the chrome cast app each version is slightly different. When the screen is on the tv turn on kodi everything should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

From personal experience, Kodi doesn't technically support Chromecast.

However, there is a workaround, it involves placing a miffed script in a specific folder, accessed via file explorer of similar, and this will then let you stream to Kodi via a third party app such as local cast.

This will work flawlessly with everything on Kodi except live tv/live events.

I splashed out on a dedicated android/windows box that connects directly to the telly roundabout August so haven't been using Chromecast since but will try and dig up the relevant link to show you how to do it.

Banjo

**please note, once you paste this script into the Kodi media file, it means all further programs/movies etc will only be viewable via the method mentioned above I.e you won't be able to view them on a tablet/phone etc until you delete the file again.**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I stream kodi from my galaxy s5 to chromecast. I launch kodi open a link/movie or whatever. Pause it. Open chromecast and go to cast screen.

Once i see my phone on tv screen i switch back to kodi and press play. Works grand. You mustn't lock your device or the tv will go blank aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

From personal experience, Kodi doesn't technically support Chromecast.

However, there is a workaround, it involves placing a miffed script in a specific folder, accessed via file explorer of similar, and this will then let you stream to Kodi via a third party app such as local cast.

This will work flawlessly with everything on Kodi except live tv/live events.

I splashed out on a dedicated android/windows box that connects directly to the telly roundabout August so haven't been using Chromecast since but will try and dig up the relevant link to show you how to do it.

Banjo

**please note, once you paste this script into the Kodi media file, it means all further programs/movies etc will only be viewable via the method mentioned above I.e you won't be able to view them on a tablet/phone etc until you delete the file again.**

Heres the workaround I was talking about.

Advertisement