Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go on new years eve?

Options
  • 15-12-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

so yeah, is there anywhere one can go to see a firework or something like that? no pubs or so, will be with my wife and 19 month old.

is there firework ANYWHERE in cork?

will there be any event regarding new years eve, other than the usual pub/disco parties?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

An interesting one, have been looking this up myself as I wouldn't mind doing something for new years but with family so no pubs.... As far as I know there isn't, which is rather sad unless you know a friend who has some fireworks..

Was residing to the thing of maybe going for a nice family dinner someplace and continuing the party at home..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Pub or house party are the only options.

Unless you live in Sydney or Edinburgh.

Very annoying I asked a few people about maybe fire works and they all said no...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

mikeym wrote: »
    Pub or house party are the only options.

Unless you live in Sydney or Edinburgh.

Or Dingle. Best place ive been to for NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Milly33 wrote: »
    Very annoying I asked a few people about maybe fire works and they all said no...

No fireworks display in Cork. You get the odd individuals who have a handful of them who let them off but that's about it.

• Advertisement

I don't get Dingle at all, tots overrated haha.. Plus it means travelling longer... Sparklers and wine tis again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Milly33 wrote: »
    I don't get Dingle at all, tots overrated haha.. Plus it means travelling longer... Sparklers and wine tis again
    I love the place, I get why people might not like it tho.
    Ive been to some big cities for NYE and none come close to the atmosphere in dingle. The locals have a parade thru the streets and all the local businesses pay for the fireworks which are shot from boats in the harbour. The pubs empty at 1145 and everyone heads to the pier to see the sky light up.
    Its a credit to the town that somewhere so small can pull off such a great event and fund it themselves.

Well now that does sound nice indeed, perhaps it could win me back just for one night. might keep it in mind for another year we shall see. Thanks for the tip off

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

well.... this is anticlimatic :(

since i'm working on the 31st, going somewhere after i come home is not really an option, unless its in cork city. meh. gonna have a normal evening then with some cake maybe :D

But sure they wouldn't have fire works on during the day so like it would have always happened at night anyway.. sure cake will be just as good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The CIT has a miserable fireworks display every nye if you really need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Don't they do something up in Collins Barracks every year, or at least they used to.

Advertisement