Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day Lunch in Dublin City

Options
  • 15-12-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi Boarders,

I am hoping someone can recommend a venue (Hotel/Restaurant) serving Christmas LUNCH on Christmas Day, 25th Dec 2015

I have tried The Clarence, The Westin , The Merrion , The Fitzwilliam, the Conrad and the Shelbourne

Anywhere in Dublin would suffice, getting desperate at this stage

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're much more likely to get replies here in the Dublin City forum.

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Clontarf Castle do a lunch - still pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Not steep at all, considering that they probably have to pay their staff extra, to get them to work on Christmas Day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Not steep at all, considering that they probably have to pay their staff extra, to get them to work on Christmas Day itself.

Not the case in hotels (or at least it wasn't when people I know worked in hotels). Staff got a taxi in/out if they didn't drive but no allowance made at all.

It's pricey because not many places offer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

Thanks to Whosthis and Dizzyblonde, I got a cancellation in the "Herbert Park Hotel"

Merry Christmas to one and all

S

Advertisement