Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapish PC build

Options
  • 15-12-2015 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'd like to ask what you think of this build. I'd like to get started soon enough. I've just moved to South Africa, but the Boards equivalents aren't nearly as good, so I have to come back here.

Here's the link to a build I was suggested at Toms Hardware, (because I can't add links yet you have to copy and paste into the search bar and add the first "h" in the "http" ttp://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/HDhvBm )
    The price from a reputable South African online parts seller, Wootware would be the equivalent of ~€600, (the rand is quite volatile so that might change). I've looked around for places like CEX but there's nothing like that I can see, so I'll have to go with new parts. My budget would be around €500-550 so it does blow it.

I use my current PC mostly for simulators. It would be good if it could handle CAD programs like Inventor well, but it's not totally necessary.

Do you have any ideas where I could bring the price down, (I assume there is fairly standard pricing) and any parts that could be changed for better performance and for easier future upgrades?

Thanks,
    Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's no link to follow there

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IRE505

Sorry about that, does it work now? If not, maybe try this, again you have to copy and paste and then add the first h ttp://puu.sh/lUhya/16e2bc003b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

[url]Http://puu.sh/lUhya/16e2bc003b.jpg[/url]

I'd drop the GPU to a GTX 5XX if you can find one, drop motherboard to a H81 or B85

That should knock a good bit off

Advertisement