Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETCI ET208 & ET205

Options
  • 15-12-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a copy of ET208 & 205?

They are regarding Low Voltage (residential) switchboards and lighting. I rang the ECTI but they aren't available anymore and there are no current replacements available apparently.

Or could anyone point me in the direction of similarly relevant material? I have the national rules but it is fairly light regarding low voltage stuff.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm putting in a home automation system that primarily runs off 24V - so switches, sensors, etc.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

24V is considered ELV (extra low voltage) as it is <50V.
    From 50V to 1000V (and higher) would be considered low voltage.

I think you will find all that you require in ET101

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Ok - good to know 2011.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A few pointers though:

● Read manufacturers data sheets and adhere to them. It is amazing how many people forget this and end up with issues.
    ● Follow best practice in terms of cable segregation.
    ● Power Supply Units can get hot. Ensure that yours had adequate ventilation.
    ● Oversize the panel enclosure to allow for future expansion. This always happens quicker than expected.
    ● Carefully consider the location of the control panel. It should be installed somewhere easy to work on.
    ● I would use relays that have a manual override switch (such as Omron). These make it commissioning / fault finding easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Good points 2011 - thanks.

Advertisement