Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Build

Options
  • 15-12-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming & normal browsing (Youtube etc)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes. Windows 10.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard and Mouse

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit / Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? January 2016

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kildare

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

For some reason it wouldn't let me edit the post but just to add the type's of games I'll be wanting to play are H1Z1, Ark Survival, Rust, Arma 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 4460 €175
    H81M board €50
    8gb RAM €40
    500w PSU €60
    R9 290 €250+
    1tb HDD €50
    Case €50
    250gb SSD €90
    Total €765 or so, depending on price of a 290

Thanks for the quick reply! Also whats your opinion on the GTX 970 instead of the r9 290, I know its a bit more expensive but is does it have any advantages over the R9 290 and will it give better fps?

Less power consumption, less heat.

I'd take a 390 over a 970 though

Thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

If you are buying a windows key on reddit, get a windows 7, 8 or 8.1 key.They are cheaper than Windows 10 keys. Using the latest build of Windows 10,you can install it straight away using any of those keys to validate it and it will activate no problem. No need to install an older version of windows first just to upgrade.

I think the cheapest place to buy the graphics card is Amazon is it or do you guys have any other suggestions?

For most of the parts I think I'll order off of hardwareversand I've heard pretty good reviews about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

E46Dream wrote: »
    I think the cheapest place to buy the graphics card is Amazon is it or do you guys have any other suggestions?

For most of the parts I think I'll order off of hardwareversand I've heard pretty good reviews about them.

hardwareversand have had some problems lately after going into administration and have fallen out of favor. The new golden child, who I have also bought from is mindfactory. Checkout skinflnt.co.uk to get an aggregate of the best prices around, which will also give you a slight discount becuase you went through them.

Skinflint will let you add all your parts to a wishlist and give you the lowest price from a combonation of vendors. Make sure you turn on German vendors

Ah good job I asked you guys first, will have a look thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

Make sure you turn on German vendors

Doh! That confused me last night as I was looking at results with nothing from there.

E46Dream when you look at a part, between the description and the supplier list is a checkbox to add German companies to the list.

Advertisement