Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to buy ps4

Options
  • 15-12-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Should I buy the ps4 now or should I wait for the st Stephens day sales or the January ones?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd wait, if only to save yourself the grief of queuing up with the great unwashed.
    That said, keep an eye on the likes of Argos and the deals they have popping up from time to time and some of them are very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Am in the same boat, prices in Argos are getting quite low (currently €320 for a 500Gb with a free game). Undecided to grab it now in case the free game deals and such dry up after the new year.

I say keep an eye on their site on the 26th, see what appears. Any deals will probably stay the same between then and January. Also, think a new catalog is out mid Jan so could be clearance sales or games tacked on to console bundles to get rid of unsold stock (Uncharted Collection being a prime one, every store is throwing it in bundles these days).

Also, checkargos.com is a handy site to quickly see which stores have stuff in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Unwanted xmas gifts on websites in the month after xmas maybe :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Stephen's day doesn't really have many good deals for games.

Unlikely to beat Argos as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Gamestop are selling a 1tb with batman and an extra controller for 450. Not a bad deal. Seems to be good bundles around at the moment in most places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'll buy a PS4 when the next GTA (6?) is released, and if it's only available next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

CptMackey wrote: »
    Gamestop are selling a 1tb with batman and an extra controller for 450. Not a bad deal. Seems to be good bundles around at the moment in most places

They were selling the TB version with Unchartered, God of War and Last of us for 400! None left when I went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

When the PS5 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

From 6 months ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

From 6 months ago....

The answer is now "when PS 4.5 comes out" :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement