Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on CELTA

Options
  • 15-12-2015 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I am interested in teaching English in Ireland and would like to complete a CELTA course.
    I would like some recommendations for schools in the Dublin city area.
    What preparations would I need and would I require further qualification?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

Anyone at all?

I am just looking for some review of the schools around Dublin that are not published by the schools themselves.

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Hi, I did the course recently at The English Academy and really had a good experience, would recommend it. A lot of it depends on what the CELTA trainers are like. The two that I had at The English Academy were great. If you ask, they might put you in touch with other people who have done the course there.

Kaplan and International House are about e100 more expensive for the same course, which is a bit of a rip off, it's dear enough as it is. Slightly off topic, but I worked for International House in the past, and it was hands down one of the worst employment experiences I've ever had, so I never considered doing the CELTA there and giving them a penny of my money!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice. Can I PM you with some questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rain hat

cactusgal wrote: »
    Hi, I did the course recently at The English Academy and really had a good experience, would recommend it. A lot of it depends on what the CELTA trainers are like. The two that I had at The English Academy were great. If you ask, they might put you in touch with other people who have done the course there.

Kaplan and International House are about e100 more expensive for the same course, which is a bit of a rip off, it's dear enough as it is. Slightly off topic, but I worked for International House in the past, and it was hands down one of the worst employment experiences I've ever had, so I never considered doing the CELTA there and giving them a penny of my money!

Hope that helps.
    Ooh hello
    ****. I was thinking of the international house. I called 1 language school who went on about the IH. Great that you can tell us its shut. Ok can you post a bit about employment since you qualified tips etc here or abroad much appreciated and always a help ☺

• Advertisement
Advertisement