Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Palette?

Options
  • 15-12-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hey all, so I want to get a new eye shadow palette and I'm torn between the Too faced chocolate bar palette, the too faced bon bon palette and the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette.

Any one have any of these? how did you find them? did the shadows stay on well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I only have one of the above, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and I love it. I think the pigmentation and staying power are great, and there are loads of YouTube tutorials for neutral and smoky looks. Plus every time you open it, it smells like chocolate :)

I've looked at the Vice palette but it has a lot of very bold and bright colours that I wouldn't really wear. The chocolate palette is one that's easy to reach for whether I want a toned down look for work or a more dramatic but not-scary look for night. Not everyone would be as conservative as me with makeup though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I'm asking for the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay pallet myself, I recently had to get rid if my Naked 1, and this has a lot of neutrals that should suit pale skin!

Sorry if this isn't helpful :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'm asking for the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay pallet myself, I recently had to get rid if my Naked 1, and this has a lot of neutrals that should suit pale skin!

Sorry if this isn't helpful :p

I was half thinking about the gweb stefani palette its so beautiful! the Vice 4 palette has me hooked by its packaging :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

jokettle wrote: »
    I only have one of the above, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and I love it. I think the pigmentation and staying power are great, and there are loads of YouTube tutorials for neutral and smoky looks. Plus every time you open it, it smells like chocolate :)

I found the too faced palette through youtube tutorials it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm just trying to convince myself I don't need all of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I have the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar and the Gwen Stefani palette. To be fair, I love both but prefer the Chocolate Bar simply because there are more matte shades on offer and the colours are warmer. Both are really pigmented and have great staying power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I would definitely go for the chocolate bar palette. in my opinion Too Faced eyeshadows are of a far better quality than Urban Decay. I got the original Chocolate Bar palette over the summer and have used it every day since. All my other palettes have gone untouched. And I am getting the Semi Sweet one for christmas ;)

Advertisement