Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password Help

Options
  • 16-12-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me - Yesterday one of the fuses blew in our home which resulted in the family pc stopped working - This was PC that we had our eircom.net email account would work on and was set up in such away in Outlook that we were never asked for a password

I tried to access our email today using our laptop but it asked me for a password - Its being so long since we set up the account none of us can remember the password - I don't think when we set up the account years ago we had such a thing as a security question -The eircom email account we use is really important to us as a family as  all our bills and notifications like ESB /Gas / Motor tax etc come through email and it means we can manage our money in order to ensure our bills are paid

Is there anyway we can get a new password

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

barsan wrote: »
    I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me - Yesterday one of the fuses blew in our home which resulted in the family pc stopped working - This was PC that we had our eircom.net email account would work on and was set up in such away in Outlook that we were never asked for a password

I tried to access our email today using our laptop but it asked me for a password - Its being so long since we set up the account none of us can remember the password - I don't think when we set up the account years ago we had such a thing as a security question -The eircom email account we use is really important to us as a family as  all our bills and notifications like ESB /Gas / Motor tax etc come through email and it means we can manage our money in order to ensure our bills are paid

Is there anyway we can get a new password

Many thanks
    Hi barsan

Due to Data protection and security regulations I will be unable to assist with the resetting of your mail password here however if you contact email support on 1890260260 - if you don't have a land line number with eir just hold the line and you will eventually get though.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi, I am in a very similar situation and when I called that number that you gave above it asks for and Eir phone number or standalone broadband number - neither which I have, and it wont let me progress through the call ?????

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi, I am in a very similar situation and when I called that number that you gave above it asks for and Eir phone number or standalone broadband number - neither which I have, and it wont let me progress through the call ?????
    Hi vicwatson

If you stay on the call it will ask about 10 times and then let you through to the main menu where you should press the option for broadband issue/fault

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did that but as I cannot access that address as the laptop is broke, and I no longer have an eir/eircom account guy said he has no option to send me security questions as I won't be able to see the email on the broken laptop.

Op sorry for hijacking but maybe my questioning might help you in some way too

vicwatson wrote: »
    Did that but as I cannot access that address as the laptop is broke, and I no longer have an eir/eircom account guy said he has no option to send me security questions as I won't be able to see the email on the broken laptop.

Op sorry for hijacking but maybe my questioning might help you in some way too
    I'm sorry vicwatson but you will need to gain access to another computer - that really is the only way

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement