Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure watch hkc

Options
  • 16-12-2015 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

An hour ago my alarm panel started to beep and I had to input the code to switch it off. It then said 'tamper bell' which led me to believe it was something with the alarm outside. After a while I realized it was the front door acting up. Anytime the sensors came in contact, it brought up a fault on the panel where I had to reset it again. I wanted to disable the whole system. I have the engineers code so I thought I'd have access but it's an impossible task trying to figure the menu. In the meantime I took the sensor off the door.
    Can anyone tell me is it possible to disable the whole system? Or what might be wrong with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

Ok I can now close the front door but the panel is still beeping every few minutes and I've to put in the code. Can anyone tell me how I can disable the system with the engineers code?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enter the engineer code
    Press ok on service menu
    Goto open zones press ok and see what displays.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Enter the engineer code
    Press ok on service menu
    Goto open zones press ok and see what displays.

It shows open inputs hall door
    And also tamper ext. Bell

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So it's the bell tamper that's causing the activations. Can you access that to check the lid tamper switch and wiring?

So it's the bell tamper that's causing the activations. Can you access that to check the lid tamper switch and wiring?

Yeah it seemed to be the front door and then the bell tamper. No I've no access to the lid bit I can get a ladder and have a look. Would it likely be the lid has come adrift? As I can see it from the upstairs window and it looks on fine to me

• Advertisement

It could be the lid loose, the tamper switch, the wiring ,the resistor or a fuse to the bell may be blown.
    Are the LEDs on the bell still lit or flashing?

It could be the lid loose, the tamper switch, the wiring ,the resistor or a fuse to the bell may be blown.
    Are the LEDs on the bell still lit or flashing?

Yeah the leds are flashing away.

We that would eliminate a fuse or power problem.

Advertisement