Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will my Xiaomi Redmi note 3 work in ireland

• 16-12-2015 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Heres allthe info you need to know. Will it work on any network or just specific networks?

Cellular and wireless Supports4G(FDD LTE) 3G(WCDMA) and 2G(GSM) networks

2G GSM: 900/1800/1900MHz

3G/4G WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD LTE:B3:1800/B1:2100/B7:2600MHz TD LTE:B38:2600/B39:1900/B40:2300/B41:2555-2655MHz

Bluetooth Yes

WLAN Yes

FM Radio Yes, earphone needed

GPS Yes,built in, also support A-GPS

OTG Yes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

seanfitz95 wrote: »
    Heres allthe info you need to know. Will it work on any network or just specific networks?

Cellular and wireless Supports4G(FDD LTE) 3G(WCDMA) and 2G(GSM) networks

2G GSM: 900/1800/1900MHz

3G/4G WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD LTE:B3:1800/B1:2100/B7:2600MHz TD LTE:B38:2600/B39:1900/B40:2300/B41:2555-2655MHz

Bluetooth Yes

WLAN Yes

FM Radio Yes, earphone needed

GPS Yes,built in, also support A-GPS

OTG Yes

It should work up just check your chosen network and phone here
    www.willmyphonework.net

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanfitz95

yeah it works!!

Thanks man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I got that phone today. Charging it. Only my existing sim card is bit close to death.

Xiami Redmi Note 3 Master Race represent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Where did you buy from please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I got that phone today. Charging it. Only my existing sim card is bit close to death.

Xiami Redmi Note 3 Master Race represent!

Hopefully get mine tomorrow.
    I got mine from aliexpress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

ciaran76 wrote: »

Google Play seems not to work easily. That would be annoying. It's probably something obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Hopefully will have mine tomorrow. Got it from oppomart and is in athlone sorting depot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Mine still showing in Gatwick so looks like it wont be today :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I have a Redmi 2 which is listed as "may work" with Vodafone 4G but has never once connected to it. Ah well, it was only €95...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

ciaran76 wrote: »

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I have a Redmi 2 which is listed as "may work" with Vodafone 4G but has never once connected to it. Ah well, it was only €95...

Can you provide Seller links to both. I'm looking to upgrade my Xiaomi Note 1, which I've had since July 2014 and has been fantastic...

• Advertisement

Phone was delivered via DPD today, not home til tomorrow night so haven't looked at it yet. Was dispatched from oppomart on the 9th of December so took only 8 days to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanfitz95

I got mine from Ebay, the seller changed the language to english and made it so google play store is supported by it. I paid 230 for it which is an amazing price for what you get in comparison to other flagship phones. I'm pretty sure it's even cheaper now. I'm skepticle about using sites like Aliexpress and Gearbest because of some of the negitive stories i've heard but if you want to take a risk and buy off those sites you may even get it for cheaper.

seanfitz95 wrote:
    I got mine from Ebay, the seller changed the language to english and made it so google play store is supported by it. I paid 230 for it which is an amazing price for what you get in comparison to other flagship phones. I'm pretty sure it's even cheaper now. I'm skepticle about using sites like Aliexpress and Gearbest because of some of the negitive stories i've heard but if you want to take a risk and buy off those sites you may even get it for cheaper.

I got mine from oppomart and it was the same with me, English language and Google play store installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

Hey, I was just about to buy the redmi note 3 and rang virgin mobile to check compatibility, they couldn't tell me for sure. I was going to buy the 2gb RAM model for €154.13 free shipping from http://www.tinydeal.com/buy/xiaomi+redmi+note+3.html payment via paypal
    Does any know what frequency Virgin Mobile operate on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

audioslave wrote: »
    Hey, I was just about to buy the redmi note 3 and rang virgin mobile to check compatibility, they couldn't tell me for sure. I was going to buy the 2gb RAM model for €154.13 free shipping from http://www.tinydeal.com/buy/xiaomi+redmi+note+3.html payment via paypal
    Does any know what frequency Virgin Mobile operate on?

Virgin Media & Carephone Warehouse piggyback on 3 Ireland.
    Tesco Mobile & LycaMobile piggybank on O2's network

3 Ireland sometimes default to Vodafone's network if their reception is poor.

Meteor & emobile have their own network but default to O2's network if their reception is poor.

O2's network was acquired by 3 Ireland.

Almost every phone you buy will allow you text/call on any Irish network, as the 2G and 3G frequencies are pretty universal on phones.

4G is less predictable. Cheaper units skip on frequencies, so you may get the cheaper 1800 MHz frequency but not the more Pan-European 800MHz frequency. So, yes it will work, but your 4G may be patchy.
    Given that 5G is coming along, you will probably be updating your phone soon again anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

Virgin Media & Carephone Warehouse piggyback on 3 Ireland.
    Tesco Mobile & LycaMobile piggybank on O2's network

3 Ireland sometimes default to Vodafone's network if their reception is poor.

Meteor & emobile have their own network but default to O2's network if their reception is poor.

O2's network was acquired by 3 Ireland.

Almost every phone you buy will allow you text/call on any Irish network, as the 2G and 3G frequencies are pretty universal on phones.

4G is less predictable. Cheaper units skip on frequencies, so you may get the cheaper 1800 MHz frequency but not the more Pan-European 800MHz frequency. So, yes it will work, but your 4G may be patchy.
    Given that 5G is coming along, you will probably be updating your phone soon again anyway!

Cheers thanks for the reply. Worth going ahead with the purchase then. Desperately need a new phone, bought the galaxy s3 on its release and it has done me well until recently, battery screwed and terrible slow processing.....time for her to have a permanent rest, the auld girl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mattyking

does Xiaomi redmi note 3 support Google play store?

Mattyking wrote: »
    does Xiaomi redmi note 3 support Google play store?

it was preinstalled on my phone but it can be installed using this link
    http://en.miui.com/thread-3998-1-1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hopefully will have mine tomorrow. Got it from oppomart and is in athlone sorting depot

Is oppomart a fairly decent supplier? Looking at getting the same phone myself. What you think of it so far? Did you get hit for customs/vat?

Is oppomart a fairly decent supplier? Looking at getting the same phone myself. What you think of it so far? Did you get hit for customs/vat?

Took 8 days to deliver phone. Didn't get hit by any customs or vat. Google play already installed but there are still some Chinese apps. Great phone and battery is very good. Charged it yesterday and probably only discharged 1% battery during the night. The themes are really cool too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Took 8 days to deliver phone. Didn't get hit by any customs or vat. Google play already installed but there are still some Chinese apps. Great phone and battery is very good. Charged it yesterday and probably only discharged 1% battery during the night. The themes are really cool too

Nice. From what I'm reading online, it's really quite impressive...especially for the price. I'm sure it must be possible to remove the Chinese apps, and install the English google versions...gmail, etc? Think I might go for it...could do with an upgrade to my Galaxy S3 at this stage, but funds are a bit on the low side.

Nice. From what I'm reading online, it's really quite impressive...especially for the price. I'm sure it must be possible to remove the Chinese apps, and install the English google versions...gmail, etc? Think I might go for it...could do with an upgrade to my Galaxy S3 at this stage, but funds are a bit on the low side.

Check the miui forums as I think there are roms available in the last day or two. I posted a link the other day for an app that will install all the apks for google apps, which will still need to be updated. Most system apps are fine,really just the mi App Store , theme store and music app that are in Chinese .

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dub_Jim_Royle

So guys, 3 months on, any problems with the Xiaomi in Ireland?
    Looking at the Redmi 3 (not note), anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ezzaro14

Hello.

I've run into a problem after buying my phone from gearbest. It works fine but I can't change my locale to Ireland, and so the phone thinks I'm in China or something making calls and messages expensive. To make mobile data work I need to turn on overseas roaming. Is there any other solution except sending this back and buying from Europe? A custom ROM compatible with Ireland or something similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ezzaro14 wrote: »
    It works fine but I can't change my locale to Ireland, and so the phone thinks I'm in China or something making calls and messages expensive.

This doesnt make sense, your sim card dictates the price you pay, not the OS's location setting.

ED E wrote: »
    This doesnt make sense, your sim card dictates the price you pay, not the OS's location setting.

I may be in mistake about the messages and calls as I didn't test it. But the roaming is a huge problem. Can't connect unless I turn on overseas roaming. 5 euro gone in 2mb

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ciandoyle

Ezzaro14 wrote: »
    Hello.

I've run into a problem after buying my phone from gearbest. It works fine but I can't change my locale to Ireland, and so the phone thinks I'm in China or something making calls and messages expensive. To make mobile data work I need to turn on overseas roaming. Is there any other solution except sending this back and buying from Europe? A custom ROM compatible with Ireland or something similar?

I have this phone and this isnt true, you cant change the locale to Ireland because it isnt meant to be bought in Ireland so its not an option in the settings, as per the data, my international roaming is off, i can still use data and theres no issue with prices

Ciandoyle wrote: »
    I have this phone and this isnt true, you cant change the locale to Ireland because it isnt meant to be bought in Ireland so its not an option in the settings, as per the data, my international roaming is off, i can still use data and theres no issue with prices

Well it's a different story on mine. I have the APN set up and I only see the circle with an r. I get an E whenever I turn on overseas

Somethings up, who's your provider? Is your sim in slot 1 or 2?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Somethings up, who's your provider? Is your sim in slot 1 or 2?

Is on sim 1 and Internet is from sim 1. My provider is three. One thing I realised just now is that 3G shows up whenever I lock my screen and turns off when I unlock the phone... Wtf.

It also keeps telling me that the "mobile data is not working because you left your hom...". When I tap on it it redirects me to the sim 1 settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FTO

Hi, did you manage to get this sorted? I'm with three and can't use data at all, not even when roaming is turned on! The xiaomi Redmi note 3 is a great phone but this is a major problem for me.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

I'm having similar issues with my phone.
    Cannot seem to connect to data have tried number of things but keeps going onto roaming all the time. Anyone manage sort this?

skippy15 wrote: »
    I'm having similar issues with my phone.
    Cannot seem to connect to data have tried number of things but keeps going onto roaming all the time. Anyone manage sort this?

Its probably jumping onto o2 if you're a Three customer.

BTW it only has 50% 4G support on the Three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Macailz

Hi,

Has anyone resolved this issue?

I'm having a similar issue and was wondering if anyone could help. I own the redmi pro 3 phone, I have a uk 3 SIM and just recently started working in Donegal. When I search for a 3 network, it appears as a 4g option and won't allow me to connect. I reported the problem with 3, they told me that 4g isn't available but there should be no problem connecting to a 3g option, the problem is that it doesn't appear as an option. My co-workers all connect fine but they are 3 Ireland customers.

Anyone have any ideas?

My current firmware is 7.3.2 could this be the reason?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if 3 Like Home roamers can use the o2 network here, if so they may be on one of these cells that you're ineligible for. Does it work ok across the border?

Yeah it works fine across the border, sorry for opening a new thread btw but I figured it might be a completely different issue.

Is there a chance it could be a software issue on the phone? Three customer services are awful and just kept telling me the phone is suitable and no connection issues on the area

I think I got to the bottom of this.

So when I seen the list of available network providers all the standard options were/are available. Including o2 but not 3.

When I contacted 3 they told me that o2 is not a partner that they roam with and the only partner's they have in Ireland is themselves and a group called Hutchinson. Neither appeared for me.

I last night downloaded an app called network signal so I could test the connection when I was in Letterkenny. Low and behold Hutchinson appeared on that but as o2. So I've been connected to that all day and working fine with no charges.

Hopefully this helps someone out

Hutchison IS Three, Hutchison Three is the company name.

Be careful, if you've enabled roaming and happen to drop off the Three footprint you'll jump to Vodafone/Meteor and pay a fortune.

Advertisement