Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with 1st time build -advice welcome

Options
  • 16-12-2015 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for suggestions on this.

I have put my pc together, it powers up and I hear just the one bios beep so from what I can figure that means all is ok as it stops after the one short beep. However using the hdmi cable my tv won't pick up the pc at all (tried it on 2 tv's and via the graphics card hdmi connection also). I'm just getting static no device connected screen not a blank one. Is it possible that connecting through hdmi is the problem rather than something else and I should just try to get a different connector type cable or do I need to take it all apart ?
    Motherboard is gigabyte ga-h97-d3h one stick of ram installed in slot 1. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

ok so it seems one short beep is a failure and one long beep is what I need for ami bios and i should ignore what i read on the forums as it's a mix of conflicting information. How do you tell the difference between what is a short or a long beep if you have no way to compare the sounds? I cant seem to find anything on youtube actually playing the list of different sound for comparison. I will take the gpu etc out when i get home to retest it. Bit frustrating waiting for all the components to arrive and then getting stuck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Take the GPU out and connect in to the onboard graphics. Then go into the bios and set your GPU to your Card and not the onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

thanks, popped home at lunch time and that did the job. I'm getting some text up on screen now. I will try setting the bios later when i've more time.

Advertisement