Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Texas

Options
  • 16-12-2015 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I've lived just outside Dallas, Texas for almost 2 years now, I've yet to meet another Irish person, quite a number of Brits but no Irish. Figured this would be the best place to ask if anyone on here is in Texas, or even better in or close to Dallas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I go there fairly often as I have family in Allen, Lancaster and FW but I don't think that I've ever run into any Irish in Dallas.

It's kinda corny but also good fun to go to the North Texas Irish Festival. The 2016 dates should be available on the 'net. You may run into someone there who may be looking for the same thing as you?

edit : If you fancy driving to Grapevine there's a Meetup.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Natonstan

Thanks for the link! The only thing I know about Grapevine is that DFW Airport is there, so it's only about 30 minutes from me. I also found out there's a pub in Dallas named 'The Dubliner' and the landlord is said to be a legit Dubliner so I reckon i'll check that out also at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

I'm just north of Fort Worth, though I did live in Uptown Dallas for a few years. There are a few Irish around, there's even a GAA team. Trinity Hall tends to be the spot they head after I think... not involved with the club myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Natonstan

I'm just north of Fort Worth, though I did live in Uptown Dallas for a few years. There are a few Irish around, there's even a GAA team. Trinity Hall tends to be the spot they head after I think... not involved with the club myself.

Trinity Hall, I remember hearing about the place a few months back, completely forgot about it, I'm definitely gonna give it a visit, I'm flying home for Christmas so when I get back i'll have to have a look.

My wife is from Cleburne (Just south of Fort Worth) and I'm taking her over to visit the family in Westmeath for the first time, she's never been outside of Texas before so I'm sure she'll be in for a culture shock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Westmeath is a culture shock even for people from Ireland! /s

• Advertisement
Advertisement