Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help out some Clueless parents for Xmas

Options
  • 16-12-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Son has xbox 360, plays Fifa 16 with all the mates from school etc online with gold, he's been on about us buying points or coins for ages.

Now my understanding is the trading and buying of coins is a no no ?

Can anyone confirm, is it worth the risk (apologies Mods if not to be discussed)

Now even the purchasing of points is not straight forward as we want it to be from santa.

EA suggested buying a Xbox gift card which would add credit to the account on the 360 which he could then in turn buy point on Fifa Ultimate team,

is that about the best option, CD Keys have Xbox Point cards but again i think them being uk value cards cant be applied to IRL - Euro consoles

basically any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

From what I've heard you cant get it in pounds as it won't let u on the ireland store, they can only be used for the British one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

BobMc wrote: »
    Son has xbox 360, plays Fifa 16 with all the mates from school etc online with gold, he's been on about us buying points or coins for ages.

Now my understanding is the trading and buying of coins is a no no ?

Can anyone confirm, is it worth the risk (apologies Mods if not to be discussed)

Now even the purchasing of points is not straight forward as we want it to be from santa.

EA suggested buying a Xbox gift card which would add credit to the account on the 360 which he could then in turn buy point on Fifa Ultimate team,

is that about the best option, CD Keys have Xbox Point cards but again i think them being uk value cards cant be applied to IRL - Euro consoles

basically any advice is appreciated

Disclaimer up front - I dont play fifa or know anything about it, but if you've any doubt in your mind about whether or not something will work, I'd advise to stick to a local retailer. A quick google for fifa points turned up a load of website that look dodgy to me personally.

gamestop sell points on their website, and I assume you can walk into a shop and get them on a card like an itunes voucher as well.

heres a link to the gamestop selection for xbox one

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=fifa%20points&platform=32

Advertisement