Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

• 16-12-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Have this phone with 16/17 months, got screen replaced 3 months ago after it was dropped out of buggy. Unfortunately with the last couple of weeks the phone has become a law unto itself and just works away opening all different apps, it's almost impossible to use. Any suggestions bar throwing it in the bin? I already spent €110 on the screen so no interest spending anymore on it and I am still 7/8 months away from an upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Why not re-flash it with something like Cyanogenmod?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redtawnie

Brilliant stuff, I'm not very tech savvy so how would one go about doing this? Sorry if this is a silly question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sounds like the digitiser on the replacement screen is bad or the cable connection to the motherboard.
    Genuine replacement screen or eBay spurious part?

GSM Centre in Cork, presume spurious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

I would be bringing it back to the shop if they provided a warranty with the repair.
    €110 is a rip-off too, I replaced one on friends Z1 Compact for around €50.

• Advertisement

Ya will do, thanks for that. Not cheap that's for sure.

Advertisement