Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Spotlight #1 Lithium93

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CSF wrote: »
    I saw in a previous question you were very complimentary of HHH's work on NXT and I agree, do you think that popularity might have an impact on his ability to be a heel or could he successfully Vince it up like Vince did when he had a top quality product back in the day?

I don't think it will, the way i see it, there are two sides to Triple H, the evil, smug, long winded loving promos, self serving heel authority figure that we see on tv every so often when he's on RAW, then on the other side of the coin, there is the Triple H who runs NXT, and how many people in any given live audience, besides the smarks/those who subbed to the WWE Network are actually aware of NXT..

Triple H wouldn't be able to Vince It Up these days as it's not the same product, it's more aimed at drawing in the casuals/younger kids, drawing in sponsors and appeasing said sponsors, plus being on the New York Stock Exchange, and would the Board find it acceptable if Hunter went out on a live Raw and demanded one of the Divas to do what Vince had Trish do way back when.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't think it will, the way i see it, there are two sides to Triple H, the evil, smug, long winded loving promos, self serving heel authority figure that we see on tv every so often when he's on RAW, then on the other side of the coin, there is the Triple H who runs NXT, and how many people in any given live audience, besides the smarks/those who subbed to the WWE Network are actually aware of NXT..

Triple H wouldn't be able to Vince It Up these days as it's not the same product, it's more aimed at drawing in the casuals/younger kids, drawing in sponsors and appeasing said sponsors, plus being on the New York Stock Exchange, and would the Board find it acceptable if Hunter went out on a live Raw and demanded one of the Divas to do what Vince had Trish do way back when.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.
    In a way, but HHH is already Vinceing it up. He plays essentially the same role except in the PG era, so as you said its a given that alot of the same things won't be doable. I just thought it was interesting that they had to draft in Vince to play essentially the same role as HHH has been doing to try get Reigns over.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CSF wrote: »
    In a way, but HHH is already Vinceing it up. He plays essentially the same role except in the PG era, so as you said its a given that alot of the same things won't be doable. I just thought it was interesting that they had to draft in Vince to play essentially the same role as HHH has been doing to try get Reigns over.

I am gonna have to disagree with this, sure it was cool to see Vince on screen again, but I thought it just reeked of desperation that they had to bring him in to get Roman over, I mean if you have to bring in the 70 year old owner to get the supposed next top guy in the company over, that just sets an example/easy way out ''Oh we'll just bring Vince in to get this guy over, that'll work''

They won't always be able to rely on Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I am gonna have to disagree with this, sure it was cool to see Vince on screen again, but I thought it just reeked of desperation that they had to bring him in to get Roman over, I mean if you have to bring in the 70 year old owner to get the supposed next top guy in the company over, that just sets an example/easy way out ''Oh we'll just bring Vince in to get this guy over, that'll work''

They won't always be able to rely on Vince.

I absolutely agree, that was pretty much my point though.

Advertisement