Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rank all the WWE Tag Teams

• 16-12-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

In your opinion, what are the rankings of the tag teams at the moment?

I'd put New Day top as champions because New Day... Rocks..

1- The New Day Champions
    2- The Usos
    3- The Lucha Dragons
    4- The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)
    5- The Dudley Boys
    6- The Prime Time Players
    7- The Ascension
    8- Los Matadores

The tag scene could be very healthy right now if they want.

How about the NXT tag scene?

1- Dash and Dawson Champions
    2- Colin Cassady and Enzo Amore
    3- Jason Jordan and Chad Gable
    4- The Vaudevillains
    5- Blake and Murphy
    6- The Hype Bros
    7- Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa (although probably part time?)

Have at it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

1- The New Day Champions
    2- The Lucha Dragons
    3- The Usos
    5- The Dudley Boys
    7- The Ascension
    8- Los Matadores

Im not high on The Usos and Id rather see he Luchas feud with New Day. New Day are so far ahead of both teams in terms of overness its unreal. There is a huge void between them and everyone else.

NXT tag scene

1- Jason Jordan and Chad Gable
    2- Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa
    3- Dash and Dawson
    4- Colin Cassady and Enzo Amore
    5- The Vaudevillains
    6- Blake and Murphy
    7- The Hype Bros

From a kayfabe ranking, Omackeral is correct but my list is who I perfer personally.

Jordan and Gable are my fav team to watch hands down. They have to meet Dash and Dawson for the titles at a future takeover.

Gargano and Ciampa are great but most likley part time. There match with J&G on NXT tv a few weeks back was brilliant.

Dash and Dawson may be third in my list but I love them and I feel they are so under rated. They do everything right and the NXT booking team hide their weaknesses and highlight their strenghts so well.

Enzo and Cass are a missed opportunity. They should of went over in Brooklyn but they are still very green in teh ring despite their charisma being off the chart.

Not a fan of the Hype Bros,I wish Mojo Rawley would just go away. He even drags Zack Ryder down even more than I ever thought possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Kayfabe rankings, Omackeral is spot on I think. Personal preferences would be:
    1. New Day
    2. Usos
    3. Lucha Dragons
    4. Dudley Boys
    5. Wyatt Family
    6. Prime Time Players

Problem I have with the tag scene at the minute is that the Wyatts aren't really a proper tag team & there's a massive gulf between the Dudleys & PTP. So I think there are only 4 relevant tag teams on the main roster, 3 of which are babyface & limits what they can do. Think they could do with a classic "creative has nothing for two singles guys so lets pair em together for a bit" tag team. Basically my worry is that if, for example, The Usos become outright number 1 contenders then what do the Lucha Dragons do for the next month?

In NXT Jordan & Gable are my favourite by a mile. Enzo & Cass are entertaining but not great in the ring. Alexa Bliss is the best part of Blake & Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

1- The New Day Champions
    2- The UsOWWSs
    3- The Lucha Booties
    4- The Dudley Boys
    5- The Wyatts
    7- The Ascension
    8- Los Matadores

NXT

1- Dash and Dawson Champions
    2- Jason Jordan and Chad Gable
    3- Blake and Murphy
    4- Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa
    5- Colin Cassady and Enzo Amore
    6- The Vaudevillains
    7- The Hype Bros.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

1- The New Day Champions
    2- The Lucha Dragons
    3- The Usos
    5- The Dudley Boys
    7- The Ascension
    8- Los Matadores

I just swap the Usos with Luchas, but as was said already there is a huge gulf between the New Day and the next 4 teams. I don't really know if this was the case or I just remember it so, but back when I thought the tag team division was at it's hottest around 99-01 title reigns were much shorter and were swapped around between the different teams and it made the division more exciting

And sometimes you had the odd singles star pairings coming in and winning them briefly too, rock n sock, brothers of destruction etc.,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The New Day are def no.1 but why? cos they are given loads of Mic time and have personalized promos. Therefore they stand out and seem more interesting and simply better than the others.

Yes you can then add to that that they are more unique due to being a trio etc but it just shows what developing a wrestler or teams character can do for them. I mean the Uso's are actually really good in the ring, ditto the Lucha dragons but there character is umm...

The Dudleys have a character as do The Wyatts but as said The Wyatts aren't really in the tag division (plus it's Brays character not the Rowan/Harper teams) while The Dudleys are just playing the nostalgia putting others over card atm.

I would actually like to see the WWE really push Kalisto as their new (Rey Rey) Latino star and after his big spot at TLC now may be the time but tbh The New Day are far too over to not continue to be pushed. Maybe if things keep going well for them they might have to get pushed out of the tag picture with one of them winning a singles title like the IC title.

I think more teams could benefit from having a manager / valet too cos in many respects that is essentially what Xavier is for the new day most of the time. Alexa Bliss in NXT is a great example of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think The New Day earned all their mic time by making gold out of what was originally a terrible and laughed at gimmick they were given. The only other tag team I think you could have fleshed out like that (and even they're nowhere near as charismatic or instantly likeable as New Day) was Cesaro/Kidd IMO. Of course it helps that there's no standout singles competitor among them so they weren't given the Ambrose/Ziggler/Cesaro treatment to avoid them outshining Reigns.

The Usos work better as guys who let their fighting do their talking and the Lucha Dragons their high-risk wrestling. The only other tag team worth giving mic time to is the Dudleys really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The New Day are far too over to not continue to be pushed. Maybe if things keep going well for them they might have to get pushed out of the tag picture with one of them winning a singles title like the IC title.

problem is that the IC and US titles aren't that big a deal, Xavier is the only one of the three not to have held belts, and if he won one he'd probably end up doing a Dean Ambrose and never actually defend it.

this is why the two world titles are needed, to use the WHC to push guys towards the top of the midcard to another level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CSF wrote: »
    I think The New Day earned all their mic time by making gold out of what was originally a terrible and laughed at gimmick they were given. The only other tag team I think you could have fleshed out like that (and even they're nowhere near as charismatic or instantly likeable as New Day) was Cesaro/Kidd IMO. Of course it helps that there's no standout singles competitor among them so they weren't given the Ambrose/Ziggler/Cesaro treatment to avoid them outshining Reigns.

The Usos work better as guys who let their fighting do their talking and the Lucha Dragons their high-risk wrestling. The only other tag team worth giving mic time to is the Dudleys really.

tbh I'd agree with this assesment but do believe it is why The New Day are so much ahead of the other teams. If the others appear, good we will probably get a good match but it's new Day you wanna see.
    problem is that the IC and US titles aren't that big a deal, Xavier is the only one of the three not to have held belts, and if he won one he'd probably end up doing a Dean Ambrose and never actually defend it.

this is why the two world titles are needed, to use the WHC to push guys towards the top of the midcard to another level.

I only said IC because honestly as much as I like them I couldn't see the WWE puch these guys to the main event level fighting for the big belt. Even Big E who obviously has the size that they would often like just has not been booked like a potential main eventer.

Cesaro/Kidd really are a huge loss to the division. Not only cos they are awesome and honestly could have great matches with New Day, The Usos, Lucha Dragons, The Dudleys and more but because they would be able to get the crowd into a program with the New Day like none of the others could imo and they could also unlike perhaps any of the others be a launchpad for a singles run (Cesaro),

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Cesaro & Kidd were possibly my favourite thing in WWE this year. Cesaro is obviously fantastic but Kidd was somebody I really wanted to see succeed back at a time where if he got a 2 minute match on Smackdown he had done well that week. I don't know why but it cracked me up when Tyson took Cesaro along for his double date with Uso & Naomi plus they worked well together as a team. I was genuinely gutted when Kidd got injured again but at least their run had built momentum back for Cesaro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Cesaro & Kidd were possibly my favourite thing in WWE this year. Cesaro is obviously fantastic but Kidd was somebody I really wanted to see succeed back at a time where if he got a 2 minute match on Smackdown he had done well that week. I don't know why but it cracked me up when Tyson took Cesaro along for his double date with Uso & Naomi plus they worked well together as a team. I was genuinely gutted when Kidd got injured again but at least their run had built momentum back for Cesaro.

AT0a0Ue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Usos are really good and were getting good momentum until Jey/Joshua was hurt. They were involved in many quality WWE matches and have more personality than people credit.

I liked how Jey was the one talking this week to give him mic time. Jimmy was commentating all summer. They had the Uso show on the Network showing some personality and of course total divas shows Jimmy can act.

Definitely the second team but only second due to how good New Day are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's been nearly a year since I've done this so was thinking I might give it a shot again. New Day are still tag team champions since ;ast time but have gone from heel to face. We've also had departures from the Dudley Boys and a couple of new additions. On top of that we have the Brand Split too.

The NXT section is a little hazy as the Dusty Classic throws together a few teams which may or may not stick together, so feel free to muck around with that but NO SPOILERS , only take into account what's already aired on TV. You can leave it out altogether if you'd prefer.

I was thinking I'd bump this every 3 or 6 months to see how things change. Lists can be kayfabe, your own preference or workrate related. They can also be a mix of all three.

RAW

1 New Day (Champions)-Still on top, lack real competition.
    2 Cesaro and Sheamus- Interesting team for two directionless stars.
    3 Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson- Should be booked stronger. Should be Champs.
    4 Enzo and Big Cass - Started out hot, gone off the boil a bit.
    5 The Shining Stars - Starting to show more personality lately.
    6 The Golden Truth - Making up the numbers. Comedy tandem.

SmackDown Live

1 Heath Slater and Rhyno (Champions)- It shouldn't work but it does.
    2 The Usos - Heel turn has done them a world of good.
    3 American Alpha - Haven't even scratched the surface as of yet.
    4 The Hype Bros - Faring decently enough, better than I thought.
    5 The Spirit Squad - Kenny is still in great shape. A happy suprise return.
    6 The Vaudevillians- Have been lost in the shuffle after a good debut.
    7 The Ascension - Could've been so much more but they're beyond now.
    8 Breezango - Missing from SDL a while now. A shame cos they're good.

NXT

1 The Revival (Champions)- Best old school heels in the biz by a long shot
    2 Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa -Chemistry,work-rate and charisma. Awesome.
    3 Authors of Pain - Undefeated monsters. Who can stop them?
    4 TM-61 - Great high fliers, Dusty Classic win could be what they need.
    5 SAnitY - Intimidating rabid group. Ones to watch.
    6 Austin Aries and Roderick Strong - 1 match, 1 win. Watch this space.
    - No Way Jose and Rich Swann - Might be temporary but man it's fun.
    7 Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss - Two brash newcomers. Let's see.
    - Tucker Knight and Otis Dozovic - Powerhouse combo debuted this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I disagree Anderson and gallows should be champions. They have been massively underwhelming aside from that short spell as ajs sidekicks since joining WWE..reminds me a bit of matt bloom (albert/tensai) return in 2012. New day despite being given some awful material in recent months are still most over act live and in terms of selling merch so they should be champions in a business where the objective is to make money.

If you are talking best tag team in WWE right now that's revival no question. The made enzo and Cass look good in-ring and made alpha look world class

Advertisement