Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chesty /wheezy cough with 6mth old

Options
  • 16-12-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi everyone,
    my little fella is almost 6 months old. he has had a wheezy cough for over 7 weeks now.
    i have brought him to the doctor twice and they said it was a virus...bronchiolitis and that it would clear itself.

He gets so wheezy at night and first thing in morning and sometimes coughs up phlegm. he is now off his feeds, only drinking 4 or 5 ounces four times a day.
    tried spoon feeding 2 weeks ago but hes now refusing the spoon too!!

any advice? another trip to gp??
    They are sick of seeing me at this stage!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

7 weeks is too long. As we can't give medical advice here I suggest another visit to your gp and make sure you ask questions.
    Hope he improves soon.
    We similar last year and gp gave us an inhaler for use with a volumatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 joanene

Thanks for the reply.
    would they give an inhaler to a 6 month old?

my husband had echema from 6 months and developed asthma which he still has so im worried its the start of something! he already has patches of echema on his chest.

anyway ive just made another appointment with gp so we'll see what they say!

Advertisement