Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 15 Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Deion Sanders talking about what went down pregame. No idea what to make of it.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/c62cca5e-c177-4ce1-b00c-dd8f8b3602f8

Edit: Found it on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    134-74 on season

Buccaneers @ Rams
    Jets @ Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Ravens
    Texans @ Colts
    Titans @ Patriots
    Bills @ Redskins
    Bears @ Vikings
    Panthers @ Giants
    Falcons @ Jaguars
    Packers @ Raiders
    Browns @ Seahawks
    Bengals @ 49ers
    Broncos @ Steelers
    Dolphins @ Chargers
    Cardinals @ Eagles
    Lions @ Saints

12-4. 146-78 on year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

138:69 coming into the week.

Buccaneers @ Rams
    Jets @ Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Ravens
    Texans @ Colts
    Titans @ Patriots
    Bills @ Redskins
    Bears @ Vikings
    Panthers @ Giants
    Falcons @ Jaguars
    Packers @ Raiders
    Browns @ Seahawks
    Bengals @ 49ers
    Broncos @ Steelers
    Dolphins @ Chargers
    Cardinals @ Eagles
    Lions @ Saints

12:4 this week, 150:73 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

D9Male wrote: »
    Chiefs
    Colts
    Patriots
    Redskins
    Vikings
    Panthers
    Jaguars
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Bengals
    Steelers
    Chargers
    Cardinals
    Saints

13-3 as I had called the first two games correctly.

141-83 overall now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

matthew8 wrote: »
    For all that people complain about what players do off the field, I wish the NFL would hand out some proper punishments for what happens on the field. Beckham should be taking half a season off at least. 1 game ban is a mickey mouse ban, Norman could have been badly injured.

He should have been ejected & deserves a ban but bans have to be relative. For what others have done a 1 or 2 game ban matches the offense.
    Knex. wrote: »
    You listen to Deoin, and the others on NFL, and while they don't condone it, they aren't really outraged at all. They totally seem to understand it.

They're also not all about completely blaming Odell, its very much on both himself and Norman.

That said, I do think he warrants a game suspension. It was damn embarrassing watching that last night, and I hope to never see it again.

Half a season is lol worthy, however. Just no.

It was completely embarrassing and agree he deserves the ban. The point I made on the Giants thread is that I put more blame on Coughlin/McAdoo for not showing proper leadership in managing Odell.
    JCTO wrote: »
    Thing is though had Beckham broke Norman's neck would they be saying it on both of them? What he did was a spear. Spearing is completely outlawed int he game now and dangerous at best. Yes both of them should grow up and should put whatever the petty squabble was behind them but OBJ crossed the line into pure dangerous. It hilarious to watch people defend it or say its not a big deal.

I bet you any amount of money if someone like Brandon Merriweather did it people would be calling for a season ban and very few would be defending him.

Merriweather has a long history, OBJ doesn't. Let's not kill the kid for losing the rag, it isn't all on him (not putting anything on Norman unless something official comes out). Coughlin should have stood up & managed the situation.
    glued wrote: »
    Who is defending ODB? Some of the reaction here is OTT. It was a scumbag move and he deserves a suspension but not half a season.

Don't sit there and call out Giants fans either for defending their team and players. Your own fanbase has a long history of defending the indefensible.

I haven't seen too many Giants fans defending him to be honest, everyone agrees that he deserves a ban for his recklessness but the cries of bans for 4 games/half seasons are mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

It is astonishing the reaction to the hit by Beckham and at the same time there hasn't been diddly squat about the vicious and deliberate helmet on helmet hit by Cody Wallace - a 300lb OL - on David Bruton - a 220lb safety - last Sunday. Wallace left the ground and speared Bruton directly on the head. The Steelers are defending Wallace claiming that Bruton was intent on hitting Brown and that Wallace acted to stop Bruton - but Bruton had already stopped his momentum and begun to pull back when Wallace went full length and to spear Bruton. Others are claiming that Wallace reacted to a 'dirty hit' by Malik Jackson on Brown - however, the refs officiating department have acknowledged that the hit by Jackson was legitimate, designed to stop the momentum of the player and within the rules of the game. Wallace should have been booted from the game for the hit and should be suspended by the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

It is astonishing the reaction to the hit by Beckham and at the same time there hasn't been diddly squat about the vicious and deliberate helmet on helmet hit by Cody Wallace - a 300lb OL - on David Bruton - a 220lb safety - last Sunday. Wallace left the ground and speared Bruton directly on the head. The Steelers are defending Wallace claiming that Bruton was intent on hitting Brown and that Wallace acted to stop Bruton - but Bruton had already stopped his momentum and begun to pull back when Wallace went full length and to spear Bruton. Others are claiming that Wallace reacted to a 'dirty hit' by Malik Jackson on Brown - however, the refs officiating department have acknowledged that the hit by Jackson was legitimate, designed to stop the momentum of the player and within the rules of the game. Wallace should have been booted from the game for the hit and should be suspended by the NFL.

BJn7gmE.gif

Just saw the hit now and have to agree same as OBJ he should have been thrown out and done for the rest of the season. Clear as day spear. I can see where the refs are coming from with their explanation of it from the rule book but that is spearing 101 from Wallace.

As I said earlier it proves the inconsistency of officiating and rulings in the NFL

Advertisement