Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

400w is more than enough for a 750Ti

My computer does not have 400w it's only 255w

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sorry misread that. You should still be fine, Terror will hopefully confirm, he's better at estimaing than I am.

Fairly sure you'll be fine though

Sorry misread that. You should still be fine, Terror will hopefully confirm, he's better at estimaing than I am.

Fairly sure you'll be fine though

Hopefully I'm sorry for being such a newbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It will work fine on a 250w power supply, there's more than enough headroom there. Also, as before however, it's a waste of money. The graphics card is worth twice as much as the PC itself is and will only be able to use about 20-30% of its power at best.

Also as mentioned previously you need to check the dimensions inside the case from the pci-e lane (where the card plugs into) to the edge of the case. Some slots are very close to the case and certain cards may not fit due to the width of the cooler.

I wish to pick you up on a point as I could argue that fsx is demanding on any computer even with medium settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Cedric87 wrote: »
    I wish to pick you up on a point as I could argue that fsx is demanding on any computer even with medium settings.

Well no. If you are running a 6th gen i7, 16gb RAM, a 4GB gfx card and an SSD then you won't have issues. The point being made by Terror is that the card you're looking at will be hampered by the rest of the components

mordeith wrote: »
    Well no. If you are running a 6th gen i7, 16gb RAM, a 4GB gfx card and an SSD then you won't have issues. The point being made by Terror is that the card you're looking at will be hampered by the rest of the components

Well that's true I appreciate the help I've been getting and what ever card I get will hopefully tide me over until I save up for a top of the range system.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilovepizza

i need some advise on graphics cards.
    If i am rendering a 1gb 3d file do i need to match it with a 1gb of graphics card memory
    or if i am editing 6gb 4k video project and i render that video, should i in principle need 6gb of vram.?

forget about clock speed and bandwidth for now.

thanks

Advertisement