Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q5 240 Lumens 3Modes Bicycle LED Flashlight + Mount - €3.26 Delivered [Banggood]

• 16-12-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Q5 240 Lumens 3 Modes Outdoor Bicycle LED Flashlight + Mount = €3.26 Delivered

Unlikely to get here before Christmas.
    But if you're looking for a Valentines gift... :pac:
    If it's your first order or if you have not used this code before, Xmas06 gives 5% discount
    QddCsUC.jpg?1
    Emitter Type: Q5
    Material: Aluminum Alloy
    Mode: High, Mid, Strobe
    Battery Configurations: 1 x 18650/3 x AAA Battery (not included)
    Switch Type: clicky
    Switch Location: tail of the flashlight
    Brightness: 240lumens
    Carrying Strap: included
    Color: black
    Weight: 100g without battery
    Size: 102x30x27mm(length x head x tail diameter)
    no-extension
    117x30x27mm(length x head x tail diameter)
    With-extension

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thanks, ordered 2, wouldn't let me use the code cause it was on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lenny wrote: »
    Thanks, ordered 2, wouldn't let me use the code cause it was on sale

Sorry, I never checked the code because I've used it before, I just knew it was sitewide, didn't think of sale, I forgot codes are invalid then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, these are good lights, Aldi was selling them as a torch a while ago with no bike mount for €12-14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

just bought 2 also

6 Arrived, 2 for each bike. So far the only two I've checked don't work unless I put tinfoil in to connect properly, but that means I can't turn them off.. :mad:

I may be missing (and I hope I am) something that you're supposed to remove to allow the contact to happen.
    I remember something similar with a flashlight when I was a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Allyall wrote: »
    6 Arrived, 2 for each bike. So far the only two I've checked don't work unless I put tinfoil in to connect properly, but that means I can't turn them off.. :mad:

I may be missing (and I hope I am) something that you're supposed to remove to allow the contact to happen.

Mine arrived yesterday, what type of battery do they use?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badlib

Allyall wrote: »

No tinfoil required. There is an extra part to the lights that shouldn't be there (at least in my one anyway. There are three pieces on the end cylinder (you can see this on the picture above - two lines on right) and this makes the lights too long for the batteries to work. You have to unscrew the middle bit which is about 2 cm long, remove it and throw it away and screw the other two pieces together. Should be fine then.

Badlib wrote: »
    No tinfoil required. There is an extra part to the lights that shouldn't be there (at least in my one anyway. There are three pieces on the end cylinder (you can see this on the picture above - two lines on right) and this makes the lights too long for the batteries to work. You have to unscrew the middle bit which is about 2 cm long, remove it and throw it away and screw the other two pieces together. Should be fine then.

Ahh for Gods sake.... :D:o

I would never in a million years have spotted that, thanks :)

Once I removed the "extension tube".. perfect. Some light from them!
    Is that what the extension tube is for? :confused: Seems a bit of a waste.

Thanks a ton for that, saved me throwing them into the back of a drawer. :) (I probably would never have got around to emailing them.)

The extension tube is for fitting the completely superior 18650 rechargeable battery which is becoming the standard these days in this kind of thing, how embarrassing for you that you obviously don't keep up with developments in the world of torches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badlib

Thargor wrote: »
    The extension tube is for fitting the completely superior 18650 rechargeable battery which is becoming the standard these days in this kind of thing, how embarrassing for you that you obviously don't keep up with developments in the world of torches :pac:

I never heard of those batteries either (obviously!). I must check them out. Luckily I still have the extension tube for my lights lying around at home.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »

I saw that battery mentioned a few times in the comments, but was annoyed I couldn't get anything working so didn't really pay attention. :)

Only a handful of bad comments, and I'm willing to bet that they did the same as me.

I'm going off to shine light on things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Be careful of buying cheap 18650 batteries, they can be lethal. Shoddy quality control and an insane amount of fakes out there, all over Amazon and ebay and everywhere really. The chargers that come with them are even worse, the majority are a huge fire risk. I bought a torch with 3 of them and the charger melted, I got a refund from Amazon when i sent the photo of the melted charger unit, but they refused to take it off sale despite many comments stating they had melted and were lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

I can't see it mentioned anywhere: are these waterproof? Have you cycled in the rain yet with these?

Had one on my bike for 2 years that got plenty of soakings including proper monsoons in the Sally Gap where I had to turn on my flashers during the daytime and pull in and it survived until it got stolen, this seems to be the exact same torch including the extension tube. Probably wont survive being dropped in a bucket but rain probably wont kill it.

Agree about the batteries and chargers, only buy heavily confirmed ones on Amazon and dont scrimp on the charger either...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Got mine also, great light out of them, what's the 3rd mode I can only get two modes on, one is just light on, the other is is flashes really quickly

Lenny wrote: »
    Got mine also, great light out of them, what's the 3rd mode I can only get two modes on, one is just light on, the other is is flashes really quickly

Yeah, I couldn't figure that out either. I tried double clicking the on\off button and triple clicking etc..

Modes: High, Mid, Strobe

Is it when you pull the top up and down it becomes more focussed?
    Up - Mode 1
    Down - Mode 2
    Strobe - Mode 3
    ?

I think you can kind of half press it softly to switch between very bright and medium bright, so you turn it on, soft press it to change the brightness, then it will stay at that brightness no matter how many times you turn it on and off unless you change it again.

I think that was it anyway, Ive had so many bike lights and torches over the years I could be thinking of another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Hey. Ordered and received this ages ago, but didn't try it til the other day.

I took the middle cylinder bit out and put in a 2032 battery, and another one just in case, but couldn't get it working no matter what way I put the batteries in.

Am I missing something?

Thx

JCDUB wrote: »
    Hey. Ordered and received this ages ago, but didn't try it til the other day.

I took the middle cylinder bit out and put in a 2032 battery, and another one just in case, but couldn't get it working no matter what way I put the batteries in.

Am I missing something?

Thx

Is that a coin battery?
    I use 3xAAA batteries, but plan on getting the the 18650 batteries Thargor mentioned when they die.

Advertisement