Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In branch Bank Giro Payment Actioned Funds Not Received by Payee

Options
  • 16-12-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Nov 25 my wife sought to action a payment via Bank Giro to a State Body.  This body ONLY accept payments via Giro for purposes of traceability of payment.  Given move away from counter service, my wife was instructed under guidance to use a machine to withdraw the sum of money first, then to action the giro payment, again via machine.  She has a receipt for the transaction (not on her currently, so cannot provide details of same until later tonight).  

Our online statement only provides a record of the in-branch withdrawal.

Today the payee informs us that a critical legal document is not forthcoming from them as they have no record of ever having received the giro payment. 

What next please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Redderneck wrote: »
    Nov 25 my wife sought to action a payment via Bank Giro to a State Body.  This body ONLY accept payments via Giro for purposes of traceability of payment.  Given move away from counter service, my wife was instructed under guidance to use a machine to withdraw the sum of money first, then to action the giro payment, again via machine.  She has a receipt for the transaction (not on her currently, so cannot provide details of same until later tonight).  

Our online statement only provides a record of the in-branch withdrawal.

Today the payee informs us that a critical legal document is not forthcoming from them as they have no record of ever having received the giro payment. 

What next please?
    Good Afternoon Redderneck.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear this, if you drop into the branch with the receipt they will be able to do a trace on this payment. This receipt will have the information required to locate exactly where these funds are, and get a proof of payment which you can provide to the State Body. 

If you would like to discuss this further you can do so by calling 0818365365 and selecting option 1 & then the * key. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement