Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting a P45

Options
  • 16-12-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Im wondering who do I contact to get a copy of my last P45 ?
    I was let go last december, but I was employed by a recruitment agency, I contacted them to get a copy of my P45 but they said to contact revenue.
    Does anyone have a direct email or contact number for requesting this?
    Im being bounced from one person to the other basically

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cb9

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why do you need it, given that it was from last December? It's only really relevant until the end of the financial year.

(If you can tell us why, we can make alternative suggestions.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why do you need it, given that it was from last December? It's only really relevant until the end of the financial year.

(If you can tell us why, we can make alternative suggestions.)

That P45 is now a P60.

OP ask that agency to give you a P60 for 2014. They should have done that before the middle of February last.

Nope .. you get either a P45 (when you finish a job) or a P60 (if you don't finish during the tax year).

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Designator

The last job I had I finished december 2014, I am starting a new job now and they are looking for a P45

• Advertisement

Answer is "sorry, I don't have one 'cos I've not worked during 2015".

If they really push, tell them to do a P46 for you, and even offer to fill it in for them. Google p46 site:revenue.ie to find it.

But if they don't push, you should ask for their employer registration number, and call Revenue and tell them what date you started and what the employer number is.

If you get paid during 2015, then you be emergency taxed on this (because Revenue probably aren't issuing tax-credits for 2015 anymore). So you should also hone your local Revenue office after you receive either a P60 or a P45 for the job you've just got, and ask for a balancing statement for 2015 - this will get the emergency tax back for you.

Advertisement