Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience

• 16-12-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

In searching, the last thread on this show was about 4 years ago - so here's a new one.

Have been a subscriber for about a year now, and really enjoy most shows which are not MMA related.

Midway through Lance Armstrong ep now, enjoying the kind of easier time he's getting from Joe as it is an alternative to the usual (justified) vitriol.

The variety of guests is a big plus and I enjoy most comedians shooting the breeze. I'm on the road a bunch so this long form is grand.

Comments

I like it a lot too - great for long drives.
    I think Joe is a really talented communicator, with way more hits than misses give the volume of these that he pumps out. He gets really impatient with his producer/occasional guests which is often kind of funny and human, and I like that he lets his guests express themselves. Means you get to understand where they're coming from. Plus given the long form it's harder for any guest to pull off a false persona.
    He's an interesting guy; helps that I'm a big MMA fan though and I enjoy his angles on fighters, training approaches etc.

Sometimes the downside is his near zealous adoption of a side or theme, he can be very closed to dissent - for example he's soooo pro weed it's a bit naively over the top (and I'm pro). And sometimes he seems too much in awe or too respectful of the science guests. Guess it's his 'all in' attitude that has made him so successful though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Find the podcast far too long to listen to regularly but it's great for the occasional guest. Still laugh at the Bill Burr monkey story from recently.

Advertisement