Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband query for house in north mayo

Options
  • 16-12-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

lads if i pm ye a house location on a map can ye definitively tell me if there is broadband capability on the line,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

woody1 wrote: »
    lads if i pm ye a house location on a map can ye definitively tell me if there is broadband capability on the line,
    Hi woody1

Unfortunately not - broadband can never be guaranteed until a line is installed and tested. We would only be able to confirm what speeds your neighbors can get as an indication. If that;s good enough feel free to drop me a PM

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

cheers, il have to fish out a landline number for some of the neighbours so
    ive had a rep from another company telling me its definitely there although 
    im sure its definitely not .. 

Thanks for you PM woody1

I can confirm that eir definitely do not provide broadband to this area. The main reason is because it's too far from the exchange. Broadband can reach up to 6 to 7Km (although at maximum range it can only be approx up to 1Mb) but your address exceeds 7km from the exchange bearing in mind lines are not laid in direct sight your address is nearly over 8Km from the exchange.

I do not know where the talk of maxed out cabinets came from - there are no cabinets in your area. Cabinet are only used for efibre and you can see their location here : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - a line must be in 2km distance of a cabinet to avail of efibre.

Being totally transparent I can confirm eir would not be able to offer you broadband and unfortunately there are no plans in place to suggest when we can.I'm sorry O cant offer better news.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Thanks for you PM woody1

I can confirm that eir definitely do not provide broadband to this area. The main reason is because it's too far from the exchange. Broadband can reach up to 6 to 7Km (although at maximum range it can only be approx up to 1Mb) but your address exceeds 7km from the exchange bearing in mind lines are not laid in direct sight your address is nearly over 8Km from the exchange.

I do not know where the talk of maxed out cabinets came from - there are no cabinets in your area. Cabinet are only used for efibre and you can see their location here : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - a line must be in 2km distance of a cabinet to avail of efibre.

Being totally transparent I can confirm eir would not be able to offer you broadband and unfortunately there are no plans in place to suggest when we can.I'm sorry O cant offer better news.

Thanks
    Al
    thanks alan, 

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Thanks for you PM woody1

Thanks
    Al
    thanks alan, 
    No problem woody1

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement