Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2016

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Triple H
    **** off.

Whatever about him winning, but he ****ing won clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Brock
    Ah jasus its 2016 ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Awful, awful ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Owens
    Triple H champion in 2016. This company is going backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reigns didn't win. That's all that matters.

Probably set up for him to go against Triple H at WM though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I dunno. I actually liked it. Don't get all the hate. Sh1t Ambrose didn't win it but it means the stakes are even higher for Reigns at WM against the Authority. Just good booking, even if it is a bit predictable. Didn't see Reigns lasting that long though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ambrose
    celebrating with Vince & Steph, still booed less than Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Then they wonder why the ratings are low when either we have seen it before or its someone no one wants....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

Haven't watched wrestling in a long time. Evolution with Orton and Batista etc. was about the last thing I remember.

Christ has the standard dropped. That was terrible.

• Advertisement

Brock
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Reigns didn't win. That's all that matters.

Yuup but he wins at mania thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

HHH and Ronan to headline WM. Meh

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Triple H
    mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I dunno. I actually liked it. Don't get all the hate. Sh1t Ambrose didn't win it but it means the stakes are even higher for Reigns at WM against the Authority. Just good booking, even if it is a bit predictable. Didn't see Reigns lasting that long though.

The hate is because it's 2016 and Triple H is winning the Royal Rumble and headlining Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really good PPV. Becky winning would have made it great but no complaints otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Owens
    Well I'm a little bit less pissed off than last year, so if that was their goal with this Rumble, good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Owens
    Ah what a load of sh*t. SuperHunter lives. It's like 2003 all over again.

I don't ever want to hear people say that wrestling would be better off with this guy in charge of things because he's the biggest f*cking egomaniac of all.

Disgusted at that.

• Advertisement

Brock
    Would of much preferred wyatt v lesnar at mania for the title and have hhh v reigns not for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    HHH and Ronan to headline WM. Meh

No interest in seeing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Faugheen wrote: »
    The hate is because it's 2016 and Triple H is winning the Royal Rumble and headlining Wrestlemania.
    Don't even get how that's an argument. The Authority want a champion that is "Best For Business". Go with one of the best of all time, Triple H. Reigns has a problem with them, only one he can wrestle is Triple H. Have Triple H vs Reigns for the title at WM. Are we all forgetting that, even before Rollins came in, the WM has decent? Triple H is better than Lesnar in some respects and I feel he can get a match out of him. They are pushing Reigns, not much we can do, so might as well have him go on a long journey to win the title at WM and have his moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wish I had fallen asleep and missed that ending

What a crap Rumble match and the state of WWE at the moment.

Reigns vs HHH - the main event of WM. What a load of ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brock
    Annoyed no Bryan but styles debut will always be remembered

Triple h winning meh but it will be interesting

Wyatt's vs lesner is a shoe in for wm

What about taker ?? Who is he going to face at mania, ko is going to face prob zayn or aj styles,

y2j vs dean ambrose could happen

Reigns winning was the worst option to me. This was second worst.This was the back up plan all along id say. They were hoping people would accept Roman but when they didn't, they went with plan b.

They probably will try again at Mania hoping Roman can have a glorious win and get accepted but he won't.If Roman turned heel tonight and won, it would have been great.

Surely they see when their biggest heel, after all he did to Roman,getting cheered as he throws out the face means there is something badly wrong with the booking.

Brock
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Annoyed no Bryan but styles debut will always be remembered

Triple h winning meh but it will be interesting

Wyatt's vs lesner is a shoe in for wm

What about taker ?? Who is he going to face at mania, ko is going to face prob zayn or aj styles,

y2j vs dean ambrose could happen

I think if sting is fit they will just do the taker v sting match at mania. They really need the star power and that dream match will sell tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Faugheen wrote: »

There is always Fast Lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Very boring. Why have Reigns miss most of the Match and then only come 3rd?

Brock's exit was annoying to

And HHH as winner, feck that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Owens
    He'll be 47 in July. This is the guy who is heralded as the great champion of young talent.

He'll lose it back to Reigns in the main event of Mania and his supporters will claim this is an example of how he puts people over (even though him being in the main event is a way to keep himself on top).

I did have to laugh at the burial of Dolph Ziggler. I don't like Dolph at all so that didn't bug me but that was quite the slap in the face.

I was disappointed too that they had Becky lose. The debut of Styles was great though. And the Owens/Ambrose match.

Overall this will be a Rumble I won't care to watch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Brock
    Why didnt the LON just eliminate Roman Reigns, or put him back in after beating him up? Cause its the only way to have Brock enter and not eliminate Roman. But still yay he didnt win.

And R-Truth with the ladder was brilliant. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Owens
    I actually wanted Triple H to win if I'm honest. he's a great heel and hopefully we get to see the vicious Triple H like before WM XXX with Bryan.
    Having it come down to Dean v HHH was 100% the right booking too as the crowd would have booed the shít out of HHH and Roman being the last 2. Actuallly yeah.. they'll probably boo them out of the building at Mania....

Ah well... nite..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Owens
    I actually wanted Triple H to win if I'm honest. he's a great heel and hopefully we get to see the vicious Triple H like before WM XXX with Bryan.
    Having it come down to Dean v HHH was 100% the right booking too as the crowd would have booed the shít out of HHH and Roman being the last 2. Actuallly yeah.. they'll probably boo them out of the building at Mania....

Ah well... nite..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Would have prefered Ambrose to win but anyone but roman......ANYONE but roman!

• Advertisement

He'll be 47 in July. This is the guy who is heralded as the great champion of young talent.

He'll lose it back to Reigns in the main event of Mania and his supporters will claim this is an example of how he puts people over (even though him being in the main event is a way to keep himself on top).

I did have to laugh at the burial of Dolph Ziggler. I don't like Dolph at all so that didn't bug me but that was quite the slap in the face.

I was disappointed too that they had Becky lose. The debut of Styles was great though. And the Owens/Ambrose match.

Overall this will be a Rumble I won't care to watch again.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. It bugs me then that he is a face in NXT terms then heel on the main roster.

If its HHH versus Reigns in the last match at Mania, I can guarantee I will turn it off and go to bed. Not interested in that at all

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

I thought it was a good Royal Rumble but then again I haven't watched any current WWE since the night after Wrestlemania and probably wont watch again until Wrestlemania. The ending makes sense as it would have been completely overblown to have Reigns overcome the odds in such a way and it sets up things for Wrestlemania. But it just looks really bad to me to have HHH as champ in 2016 and him and Reigns is not a match I have any interest in seeing. Plus the whole Authority nonsense. I can't believe they are still rehashing Austin-McMahon. They really need some new ideas. Since I only watch a handful of times a year I can take the Rumble for what it was and it was good but if I watched every week I wouldn't be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Triple H
    I enjoyed this years Rumble,the best,I think since 2009.It was ****e that they went for the ending,that we all knew was coming,would've been awesome to see Ambrose win it and be a dual champion,even if it was only for a short period.

I still can't don't understand why Jericho was in there for so long. I thought and would have much rather AJ had his spot.

Anyway that's me out. Goodnight all.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Ha ha yeah I remember back when he lost in the main event at Wrestlemanias XX XXI & XXII and his fans said it shows he was willing to put over people, ignoring he got to main event three consecutive Manias and was due to get his win back on Cena before getting injured.

I surprised that since Jericho was still there when he come out he didn't bury him for old times sake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good to see Styles in front of a Big US crowd, good to Sami as the NXT rep, Owens setting up feuds with both, Ambrose in there at the end, truth with the ladder.

Stuff like LON not bothering to eliminate Reigns or Wyatts eliminating Brock before walking off, leaving Bray on his own and Brock just leaving himself when eliminated are annoying. Over booked nonsense that makes people look stupid.

Triple H as champ is okay as it at least makes sense with the storyline. Pity its the D Bryan story again.

Becky was great in her match, Charlotte still struggles, I hope Becky is not just going to be forgotten now, it cam across a little bit dismissive of her at the end with Sasha getting involved like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brock
    This will be the last championship run of one of the greatest of all time triple h, quite possible he last in ring activity

So reigns will win at mania and hug and shake hands with triple h

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

The following are people I'd rather see in the main event of Wrestlemania than either HHH or Roman Reigns.....off the top of my head:

Naked Mideon, Bushwacker Luke, Skull, "Man on a Mission" Mo, "Real Man's Man" Steven Regal, "Wild Man" Marc Mero, Kurgan the Interrogator, Duane Gill, Tom Brandi, Aguila, Headbanger Thrasher, Headshrinker Fatu, Head, Tiger Ali Singh, Dick Togo, Jose Estrada, "Smokin" Bart Gunn, Rodney Mack, Rodney, Fake Razor Ramon, Razor Ramon, Max Mini, Flash Flanagan, 2 Cold Scorpio, Brackus, Planet Stasiak, S.H.I.T. Rosey, Mark Canterbury, "Reflection Of Perfection" Mark Jindrak, Quebeccer Pierre, Kizarney, Palmer Cannon, Vance Archer...............

I could go on I'm drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    The following are people I'd rather see in the main event of Wrestlemania than either HHH or Roman Reigns.....off the top of my head:

Naked Mideon, Bushwacker Luke, Skull, "Man on a Mission" Mo, "Real Man's Man" Steven Regal, "Wild Man" Marc Mero, Kurgan the Interrogator, Duane Gill, Tom Brandi, Aguila, Headbanger Thrasher, Headshrinker Fatu, Head, Tiger Ali Singh, Dick Togo, Jose Estrada, "Smokin" Bart Gunn, Rodney Mack, Rodney, Fake Razor Ramon, Razor Ramon, Max Mini, Flash Flanagan, 2 Cold Scorpio, Brackus, Planet Stasiak, S.H.I.T. Rosey, Mark Canterbury, "Reflection Of Perfection" Mark Jindrak, Quebeccer Pierre, Kizarney, Palmer Cannon, Vance Archer...............

I could go on I'm drunk

Post of the night! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Brock
    I'm actually in shock at the reaction here to this. Look at the poll; so many of us expected HHH to win and he did!

Look, the roster is going through a rough patch with so many guys out injured, so having HHH feature makes sense when they need to make 'Mania feel important. The casual fan will want to see Roman get his hands on HHH, and it will get their attention. It makes logical sense to move the story like this and it plays nicely to the HHH character as viewing himself as better than all.

I honestly think it was one of the best Rumble, and HHHs interactions really helped, especially the moment with he and Bray. A great Rumble with a logical ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Triple H
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've said before that Balor's first appearance probably shouldn't involve his usual or demon entrance. And since only 1 and 2 get their full entrances usually, it would be a decent time to do it. Unless he's made to look weak

Not clicking the spoiler due to all the rumours that have been around lately. Could be any. :-)
    Well the spoiler came true at the 3rd entrant in the Royal Rumble tonight and it was pretty impressive, I think most people agree. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here, will he feud with Kevin Owens or will he have his Club.
    Hopefully when Finn comes up to the main roster it's done in the same style as Kevin Owens was, i.e there's some sort of clear plan in place for who he'll be facing and where it's going to go. In fact, hopefully it's even more thought out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

HHHate has a better chance of rallying people around Reigns than, well, anyone available. Plus I think it would/will be a good match - been interested in it since that Summerslam rumour - unlike last year's WM suddenly being about WCW on the night. Insecurity won that day.

Can we lose The Authority at this WM, please? Should have happened last year with Sting when Ziggler didn't get the job done at Survivor Series eye em oh.

Thought the Rumble itself petered out towards the end and I wasn't keen on Reigns/Lesnar beng kept apart but there wasn't a bad match on the card.

New. Day Rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

what a stupid result...
    really HHH world champion again....
    Christ why not have superman cena cash in a non existent MITB clause...

Crikey so many other ways that could've been done....
    Ambrose HHH and Reigns last three....
    HHH brings in a chair with ambrose and reigns lying prostrate... reigns pops up hits HHH with gut kick and eliminates him... stares over the ropes and laughs at HHH
    Out of nowhere Ambrose obliterates him with a chair shot....
    HHH comes back into the ring and he and Ambrose laugh and embrace...
    new champion, new rivalry, new corporate bad boy

Why waste a Lesnar appearance for that kind of a finish also??? Eliminates 3 guys then they get back into the ring and eliminate him. that's one of the stupidest rumble rules..

Also I hope Becky is not now buried with Sasha back... have her and Sasha fight it out tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

brinty wrote: »
    what a stupid result...
    really HHH world champion again....
    Christ why not have superman cena cash in a non existent MITB clause...

Crikey so many other ways that could've been done....
    Ambrose HHH and Reigns last three....
    HHH brings in a chair with ambrose and reigns lying prostrate... reigns pops up hits HHH with gut kick and eliminates him... stares over the ropes and laughs at HHH
    Out of nowhere Ambrose obliterates him with a chair shot....
    HHH comes back into the ring and he and Ambrose laugh and embrace...
    new champion, new rivalry, new corporate bad boy

Why waste a Lesnar appearance for that kind of a finish also??? Eliminates 3 guys then they get back into the ring and eliminate him. that's one of the stupidest rumble rules..

Also I hope Becky is not now buried with Sasha back... have her and Sasha fight it out tonight
    Too similar too how Seth turned.

Also lesner just calmly walking too the back was the most unbelievable thing of that story. Surely he would get back in the ring too try too get back at the lads who cost him the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brock
    Two things.

1. How pathetic it is that they have to give this to HHH to try and get Reigns over. Useless fúcking company.

2. What are the chances of HHH being booked like Seth Rollins? And what are the bets that HHH gets over as champion, after beating people, and they get all fúcking confused as to why he can get over but these new Millennials can't.

That Rumble, bar AJ, made me sad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owens
    So my three major WM concerns after watching the Rumble are;

1) The Main Event that no one asked for with the Babyface no one wants. I have no interest in a HHH Reigns Main Event and certianly have no interest in seeing Reigns go over and get his WM moment. This won't make Reigns a star the WWE Universe just won't accept him as their star. Strap a rocket to Ambrose and make him the star instead but no.

2) Lesnar Vs Wyatt, or Wyatt family. Again this does nothing for me. Even if it ends up being 4 on 1 I can only see a Lesnar victory. When has Wyatt been a credible threat after losing so often? I can't wait for his rambling promos either :rolleyes: What a waste of a Lesnar appearance.

3) The undercard of WM has bags of potential but I can't imagine the WWE letting it shine when they're trying their best and investing ALL of their efforts in getting Reigns over.

Owens/Zayn
    Ambrose/Jericho
    Styles/Neville

All could make stellar matches but I can't see the WWE giving them the time and build they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Owens
    I didn't hate this show, which is an improvement on recent years.

Owens and Ambrose had a ****ing great match. Insane spots and the IC title seems really important now.

Kalisto/Del Rio was fine. Kalisto needs to hold the title for a while now though.

New Day/Uso's is the new Uso's/Miz's, I dont need to see this match again.

Becky/Charlotte was fine, hope Becky isn't tossed aside for the Sasha program as she's been good lately and deserves better.

Rumble match was well put together I thought. Roman just isn't working and the sooner they realise it the better. Booed out of the ****ing building.

That pop for AJ was unreal. Crowd loved him more then anyone else and he did alright. Teased the Styles Clash a ton but never hit it. Owens was the right guy to toss him out.

Hunter winning...whatever. They don't have anyone else really so they're gonna do what they're gonna do. Same Authority bull**** for nearly 20 years now. Why do we bother? I literally couldn't give a **** about Reigns/HHH where no doubt the Rock will be involved. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Wyatt vs Brock is a total waste. Wyatt doesn't have any credibility at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Owens
    Just finished watching the event again. Jesus how over is sasha banks ? Hope becky isn't forgotten about as she did great and made the weakest of the three(charlotte) look good. The rumble was okay. They ****ed up aj's entrance with the cameras not being on it. Hopefully kevin dunn made that mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Brock
    You can enjoy a show even if you don't agree with the booking. That was a great show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Owens
    Despite the outcome of the rumble, i cannot see how Lesnar will not be in the main event of wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Got as far as the Del Rio match last night, and watched the rest earlier. Had R-Truth in the rumble pool, really thought I was in with a chance but it wasn't to be.

Marked out for AJ as expected, not sure about the music though. As someone else said they messed up the camera during his entrance, obviously wanted Roman's confused look to represent the fans but didn't cut back quick enough. Also thought they might have had him as the longest person in to really put him over. Looks like they might go AJ/Owens but Zayn should surely be looking to continue on with Owens.

Would have loved to have seen AJ standing in a cleared out ring and Joe's music to hit. Reckon it would have got a good reaction from the crowd. Maybe next year.

No issue with HHH winning but applying logic to WWE (which is never a good thing) it's a bit sh!tty that Reigns didn't help out his friend at the end.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement