Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Takeover: London preshow/live thread *Spoilers*

• 16-12-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Think this deserves it's own thread given this is the first time in 23 years we can watch a big WWE show at normal hours (well there was those UK-only PPVs back in the attitude era but they weren't shown in the US so meant nothing storyline wise).

Five matches are booked according to Wikipedia:

1 Finn Bálor (c) vs. Samoa Joe Singles match for the NXT Championship[12]
    2 Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (with Carmella) Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship[13]
    3 Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax (with Eva Marie) Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship[14]
    4 Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin Singles match[15]
    5 Asuka vs. Emma (with Dana Brooke) Singles match[16]

Obviously the main event should be great and Bayley and Asuka should ensure two great women's matches.

Pre-show starts at 7.30 and main show is from 8pm to 10.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's gonna be a little bit weird watching at 20:00pm instead of the usual up until the early hours of the morning.

Also Motorhead letting the company use Ace Of Spades for the event, the perks of Triple H being good friends with Lemmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I liked them showing Samoa Joe coming off the bus, reminds me of Sky Sports on Sundays.

Then Balor arriving with all the babyfaces.

I know it's probably not gonna happen, but it would be cool to have an NXT Take Over in Dublin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lita looking mighty fine.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know it's probably not gonna happen, but it would be cool to have an NXT Take Over in Dublin..

The only hope would be that the Irish wrestlers are probably doing better than the British wrestlers right now.

Maybe they could do it the night before UFC are in Croke Park :D.

Really liked the Bayley stuff. Really feels everything on NXT is portrayed as a genuine athletic contest. I like Lita talking about the matches, really portraying everything from an athletic point of view rather than Booker and Alex Riley just joking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So is this what it's like for the us lads when watching ppvs and raw ? It's weird for it to be live at a nice time for us.

I love this pre show as they made this takeover seem a big deal and did it for all the matches.

Triple h triple h triple h the future is bright for nxt.

Nice that they didn't ignore the stuff on Sunday. Not treating us as idiots. Good man trips.

Savage promo for the main event. They've got to be thinking about bringing both of those guys up to the main roster. As far as heels go on the full-time roster, Samoa Joe is probably second only to Kevin Owens. Then again it probably wouldn't work too well once main roster creative gets their hands on them.

Asuka up first, yay!

• Advertisement

Savage promo for the main event. They've got to be thinking about bringing both of those guys up to the main roster. As far as heels go on the full-time roster, Samoa Joe is probably second only to Kevin Owens. Then again it probably wouldn't work too well once main roster creative gets their hands on them.

Asuka up first, yay!

And that's the really annoying thing about the difference between nxt and the main roster.

That arm bar is just smooth as silk from asuka.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dana's great at just being annoying as hell at ringside.

Also found the crowd being one count ahead of the ref kinda funny, reminds me of being at the Rev Pro show back in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Surprised it's the stripped back Beast in the East feel to it as opposed to the bells and all NXT Brooklyn.

Emma has turning into quite the talent. Soo impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nia Jax..... We comin' for you N....

Great opening match and probably Emma's best match in wwe full stop. Did the screen go black a few times ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Great opening match and probably Emma's best match in wwe full stop. Did the screen go black a few times ?

Just once for me but buffering an awful lot.

Agreed. Very good match.

Yeah went black for me too.

Great opening match. One of the things I liked is that as soon as the referee went down Asuka realised it wasn't good for her as it increased the chances for Dana interfering, so she tried to get the referee back up. Normally everyone except the babyface realises that the ref getting taking out is not good.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Surprised it's the stripped back Beast in the East feel to it as opposed to the bells and all NXT Brooklyn.

Emma has turning into quite the talent. Soo impressed.

I think Emma has always been good in the ring but she just didn't get a fair shake on the main roster. Shocking booking. This is her showing what she can do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only Enzo could wear dungarees and get away with it.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Just once for me but buffering an awful lot.

Agreed. Very good match.

Okay not just me then. I'm watching on an iPad and the quality is always perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Enzo looks like Shinsuke Nakamura....

And You Can't Teach That.

Is there anything in the world that can't be chanted to the tune of White Stripes 7 Nation Army..

Of all the people due a call up I reeeeeeeeally hope Enzo and Cas become a big deal and are giving a chance to show their characters and charisma.

The U.K. Crowds really are great. Fair play to them.

I love how one of Big Cass's signature moves is just "throw Enzo at people".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Absolutely loving this crowd.

Btw carmella. Yes I would.

That move of Big Cass feckin' Enzo over the ropes always looks lethal.

Haven't been watching much NXT. Hard not to mark for a real throwback. Dawson and Dash are a pure old school tag team.

• Advertisement

The ref needs to stop calling out to the guys in the ring to kick out so loud.

Advertisement