Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Takeover: London preshow/live thread *Spoilers*

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The main roster could learn a lot from the NXT..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

epic entrance

imagine this in a few years at mania

connor mcgregor vs finn balor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Best entrance in wrestling today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Think it's over at 10, not 11.

Enjoying this more than any wrestling show I've seen in months. Still think the tag match was the best of the night

According to the network it's over at 5.30 EST which would be 10.30 here.

sky88 wrote: »
    Best entrance in wrestling today

Shame it would get lost in translation when Balor eventually moves up to the main roster..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

"Balor could be out cold." Lads his eyes were open.

Great match from Finn and joe. It's finished early though.

Finn looks a bit ropey after that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I wonder what he was saying to yer man. Looked a bit dazed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe they had something planned, but it had to be cut cause of whatever happened to Finn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Consistently great show.

That was a perfect show, NXT delivers once again.

I wonder what he was saying to yer man. Looked a bit dazed

He was pointing at his neck and head, I'd need to rewatch it again but maybe joe landed on Finns head,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well after TLC I cancelled my Network substitution, that just convinced me to reactivate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very entertaining show. Crowd annoyed me with their "this is swesome" rubbish before the match even started and "this is wrestling" at various points throughout.

Main event was different class. No surprises there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

My only gripe about the night was that the Corbin-Crews match was a bit dull, had a few 'ooh' moments but, compared to the rest of the show, wasn't up to standard. At least Corbin won and deservedly so, Crews seemed to have an off-night for some reason.

The rest of the night, however, was amazing. Coming up with a believable way for Bayley to win was going to be quite the task, but they pulled it off.

I was confused in the weeks running up to it why they went for a B-movie Ripper in the ads - then Finn came out tonight and it all made sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just thinking back on the crowd here and the more cringey I think they were.

The Bayley one was ok, not th worst byut the Hey Jude and the 7 nation army were horribly contrived.

The Japanese have it right. Sit down, shut up, and enjoy the show. Get excited for the near falls and let the entertainment be what is in the ring not what is in the bleachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gimmick wrote: »
    Just thinking back on the crowd here and the more cringey I think they were.

The Bayley one was ok, not th worst byut the Hey Jude and the 7 nation army were horribly contrived.

The Japanese have it right. Sit down, shut up, and enjoy the show. Get excited for the near falls and let the entertainment be what is in the ring not what is in the bleachers.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

tbf the crowd entertaining themselves during Cass & Corbin's matches isn't the worst thing, they weren't great matches. I did think they sang for Bayley a little too long but man, it's great to have such a lively crowd; like at a football match. AND they never chanted "we are awesome" or any of that ****. We need more caring crowds.

Save quietness for cinema goings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loved the Bayley chant. That "Kolo/Yaya" thing can die a death though. Hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The bayley chant was amazing you could tell she loved it too and had to stop herself smiling during the match when it was on.

Nxt just never dissapoints with there takeovers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wasn't really a fan of the fact that nothing changed hands. Kinda made it feel like they didn't want to do a change because most of the US couldn't watch live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sky88 wrote: »
    The bayley chant was amazing you could tell she loved it too and had to stop herself smiling during the match when it was on.

Seeing her smile makes me smile because she enjoys it, she deserves it and she realises how big a deal it is.
    I don't want her anywhere near the main roster until they sort things out there so she doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
    Wonder who'll be next for her now.

Another quality Takeover.
    They did seem to think something was wrong with Balor as soon as the match ended because they had ones in with him right away. As was said, I wonder if anything was meant to happen after the match. I was just thinking does the body pain not get in his eyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just finished it there. Excellent entertainment. Balor and Joe was fantastic, Balor is so bloody slick in the ring. He seemed to think he was hurt himself when he was talking to the trainer but then you could see him say "I'm ok" when he got up. Hopefully nothing too serious. I liked Emma and Asuka too, and Bayley got a good match out of Nia Jax.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

didn't see it mentioned elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Liked his reaction to the reaction he got naming other cities