Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plex for Xbox one

• 16-12-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from plex that
    "Xbox One and PlayStation apps are now FREE for everyone!"

Finallllyy!!

Toppy

Comments

Oh nice !!!!! Best in it's class by a running mile. I know it can't be customised like xbmc/kodi but it wins hands down for simplicity and working so well.

Edit: The one thing I will say againt the xbox/android versions is that they need to take a look at what the guy who makes the one for Samsung TV does. It's nealry the same but the interface on the samsung one is much better even given the small difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Spook80

Paid for 1 months plex just to try it but great if free version available now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Whats plex?

Rorok wrote: »
    Whats plex?

It's dlna server/client for all those dodgy movies and tv shows we all have and can't talk about , but organises them and presents them in a netflix style app :)

The app is legit and an offshoot of xbmc, but it's like netflix only you have to provide your own content, and it will then scrape the metadata for it and present it in a library with cover art , ang group by series etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rorok wrote: »
    Whats plex?

It's quite possibly the best free app going. One of the main things I love about it is how I can watch something on the iPad, pause it, turn on the Xbox and pick it from where it was paused. Essentially Netflix for your provided content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

What are people using as plex servers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

An old windows 7 pc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hp Microserver gen 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Using my main PC with an offhand Seagate WLAN Drive. Must really set up a server somewhere in the house.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

8tb unraid server running plex here.

• Advertisement

Ayone using any good channels? support for them is patchy at best, only used the apple trailers and south park ones really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Running a 24TB Dedi Server with everything encoded for direct play

Hate to see my server transcoding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

kingtiger wrote: »
    Running a 24TB Dedi Server with everything encoded for direct play

Hate to see my server transcoding

well now your just showing off :p

Advertisement