If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" 1080p Smart TV?

Options
  • 16-12-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent 40" 1080p TV for gaming and TV, any recommendations or good deals at the minute?

I'm mainly concerned with image quality, good blacks and minimal blur and input lag.

Also, what's the story with pickup or delivery in Dublin as I'm in work during the day?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

looking for similar tv specs, between 32 and 40 inch

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Rezident wrote: »
    Looking for a decent 40" 1080p TV for gaming and TV, any recommendations or good deals at the minute?

I'm mainly concerned with image quality, good blacks and minimal blur and input lag.

Also, what's the story with pickup or delivery in Dublin as I'm in work during the day?

Thanks.
    Hi Rezident, If its largely for gaming you would want something with a decent Refresh rate

If you can go up a bit to a 43", have a look at the Sony 43w755 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201391-bravia-kdl43w755cbu.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at €669 including delivery and 6 year guarantee. this has a 800Hz refresh rate which would do the job for you :D

or how about the Phillips 40PUT6400 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201669-40put6400.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at €599, a really impressive 40" 4k TV for the money, with refresh rate of 700Hz?

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Thanks for the reply.  I was overruled on the 43", strictly 40" max for Her Highness! 

I like the look of the Philips 40" 4k.  Very tempted, I'll check a few reviews of it.

Thanks a mill!

Rez.

Hm, mixed enough reviews of the Philips. Is there a slightly better quality one, even at the lower res (1080p should be fine for this screen)?

What about the 40" version of the Bravia:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201289-bravia-kdl40w705cbu.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

Should that one be ok for gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I know other advice is generally frowned upon in here, but if you're mainly thinking about gaming then you shouldn't look passed the Bravia W705. Best input lag out there (8ms) and widely regarded as the best choice for a gaming tv (I bought one myself for just that reason). It is 42" though, but the boss would never tell the difference and it should be cheap enough these days. ;)

Edit: They actually have a 40" also - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201289-bravia-kdl40w705cbu.aspx

Mod Comment

Dar83,

Other advice is not welcome here because without the rule set out in the Charter, every useful or thoughtful post would be quickly outnumbered by contradictory opinions or pointless interventions, as happened here at the end of this thread. If every query posted here for Richersounds was populated with different opinions as to what the OP should do or buy, this commercial forum would become unworkable.

Useful and informative contributions such as the one above are very welcome on the Home Entertainment forum and I would encouage you to pitch in there, helpful posters with experience to assist others are always a great addition.

I haven't snipped your post above - the appropriate time to do that has passed and it has been incorporated into the run of the thread at this stage, but I would ask you in future to comply with the Charter and leave queries here to Richersounds to answer.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Dar,

I love the Philips ( especially at the price!), really natural picture but the Sony WILL be better for input lag no issue.

We can probably still arrange an evening delivery in Dublin for you prior to Christmas if you pull the trigger asap :)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for all the replies.  OK I went with the Bravia 40"  (BRAVIA KDL40W705C)

Thanks for everything guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Take my advice <Mod Snip>

Other advice is not welcome here, Please see the Charter. I would also point out that your intervention is pointless as the person who posted the query already said that they had made a decision - this is one of the reasons that posters are asked not to post on other peoples queries.

Please comply with the Charter and leave queries here to Richersounds to answer.

This thread is now closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.