Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon watch

Options
  • 16-12-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Folks just wondering what is the best cheapest option out there for a triathlon watch.. Presume this has been asked before. Looking to buy one as a Christmas present.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

smurph10 wrote: »
    Folks just wondering what is the best cheapest option out there for a triathlon watch.. Presume this has been asked before. Looking to buy one as a Christmas present.

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You should be able to pick up a 310xt or 910xt at a good price depends on what your budget is though?

I have been using a 310xt for the last year and it does the job for me pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

310xt doesn't really do swimming (has to be under the cap/ above water for open water swimming), so if you're not bothered by that, it's probably the cheapest of the Garmin Multisports.

910xt does pool swimming. Not with the options of the 920xt, but at least has options.

I have a 310xt, and I am happy with it for running and cycling. (Santa is bringing me a Garmin Swim for the pool - the 310xt is good enough for everything else I couldn't justify the upgrade to the 920xt (yet!)).

Rightly or wrongly, I haven't looked beyond garmins.... Google DC Rainmaker for reviews if you come across any alternative options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Macy0161 wrote: »
    310xt doesn't really do swimming (has to be under the cap/ above water for open water swimming), so if you're not bothered by that, it's probably the cheapest of the Garmin Multisports.

910xt does pool swimming. Not with the options of the 920xt, but at least has options.

I have a 310xt, and I am happy with it for running and cycling. (Santa is bringing me a Garmin Swim for the pool - the 310xt is good enough for everything else I couldn't justify the upgrade to the 920xt (yet!)).

Rightly or wrongly, I haven't looked beyond garmins.... Google DC Rainmaker for reviews if you come across any alternative options.

I used the 310xt for open water swims all summer and was happy enough with it, wore it on my wrist. It doenst do pools but Ive gotten used to counting lengths at this stage, although a 920xt would be nice to have the extra features. I think at the pricepoint it seves very well as an affordable into to GPS watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

smurph10 wrote: »

since you ask the cheapest triathlon watch is a casio f-91w does everything you need if you use a pool do intervals run at locations you know the distance and do bike intervals in the phoneix park or whatever.

if i was to get a gps watch i would buy a 2nd hand 910
    no chance of losing like many people did with the 310.

• Advertisement
Advertisement