Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

I don't know lad - made a semi final.

Should've but weren't.

Fixtures were a mess this year.

Think you'd need a few years evidence to back that up.

The pack is the main body - there's a lot of clubs in Tipp. What is not the pack then? Sides that only make the final? The semis? The quarters? The top ten?

Sars have won four in a row... then made a semi-final. That's an insane level of dominance. A magnificent achievement. I think you're calling their decline into the pack way too early.

Nenagh were the last team to defeat Thurles Sarsfields in a knock out County Club Championship game which was on 13th of June 2013, that's 1943 days to put a bit of perspective on it.

Of course a season was going to come when they would struggle in games, and that was this year, the fixture chaos didn't help, injuries to a few players, Billy missing was huge, he adds some engine to that forward line.

Have they become a bad team overnight? Certainly not, they won't go away in a hurry and will be right in the mix again next year and probably the team to beat again if you want to lift Dan Breen.

All teams will get encouragement from this years championship as there was so many close games, a cracking club championship when many said it was in decline.

Thurles could still lift the Jacksie Ryan cup on Sunday, a cup which they have tried their hardness to get over the past 5 years, and always at the business end of the Intermediate Championshiop, just sums up the talent in the club and whats still coming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

After dethroning Sars, Nenagh will be made favourites which puts Clonoulty in the ideal position.
    I was disappointed with the two semi finals considering all the good matches this year. Not that Nenagh or Clonoulty will be losing any sleep over it. Clonoulty were in control for the most part of the game. Tooms forwards were very poor. The moving of Joey McLoughney to centre back was robbing Peter to pay Paul. Clonoulty have some good hurlers and are playing as a team. Nenagh have some good hurlers and move the ball smartly. They fully deserved their victory but must remember that the cup is still up for grabs. It looked like all the matches caught up with Sars. Sars, Drom and Upperchurch can thank the Swans for that fiasco. Regards of the result hopefully from a neutral point of view the final will live up to expectations. The Dan Been will be most welcome in both clubs. There should be a fine attendance. So l'm hoping for a good contest.
    Can someone explain the Carrick Swans fiasco to me?
    The Swans, Sars, Drom and Upperchurch were the teams in a group of the Dan Breen. The Swans were to play Sars in the first round of games. Swans gave Sars a walkover. That (result) was discarded. When all remaining games were played, Sars, Drom and Upperchurch were all level on points. With only two teams going forward to help makeup the country quarter finals, Sars, Drom and Upperchurch had to have a three way playoff. These matches were played over a couple of weeks. Drom fell at the quarter final stage and Sars at the semi final stage. Sorry for being long winded.

Does anyone have an idea on which ref will get the SHC Final. One from the South or Mid? If Kevin Jordan gets the gig Clonoulty for one will be less than pleased to put it mildly. He was in charge of the group game between the two of them. There were times he didn't even look like giving them a free when they were entitled to one. At half time when a member of their backroom team went to question some of his decisions. Later in his match report he reported the backroom member for interference with a match official.

Kevin Jordan is doing the County Final.

He will do fine I feel.

No one is ever happen with a ref these days, can try to let the game flow and can be both praised and abused.

shmeee wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea on which ref will get the SHC Final. One from the South or Mid? If Kevin Jordan gets the gig Clonoulty for one will be less than pleased to put it mildly. He was in charge of the group game between the two of them. There were times he didn't even look like giving them a free when they were entitled to one. At half time when a member of their backroom team went to question some of his decisions. Later in his match report he reported the backroom member for interference with a match official.

Kevin Jordan is doing the County Final.

He will do fine I feel.

No one is ever happen with a ref these days, can try to let the game flow and can be both praised and abused.
    All the same I could nearly guarantee you that Clonoulty won't be best pleased. This is based on his handling of the game between them in the Dan Been group match earlier this year.

All the same I could nearly guarantee you that Clonoulty won't be best pleased. This is based on his handling of the game between them in the Dan Been group match earlier this year.

Every club has the a reason to dislike a certain ref that was harsh to them over the years, and that will never change.

If Clonoulty are throwing out excuses before a ball is even pucked, they may aswel stay below in Trishas Pub and not bother their hole showing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Limerick in the Munster SFC , Thurles I reckon . Cork semi away with Kerry in Thurles for the Final should all go to plan !

Championship aside our first priority has to be having a good run in the league and maintain our division 2 status.

Every club has the a reason to dislike a certain ref that was harsh to them over the years, and that will never change.

If Clonoulty are throwing out excuses before a ball is even pucked, they may aswel stay below in Trishas Pub and not bother their hole showing up.
    It's true that ever club has hangups about certain referees. Especially when decisions go against them. You needn't worry I'd say Clonoulty will turn up. Hopefully both teams do and give a good account of themselves give everything for the sake of the cause. In the last couple of finals Borrisoleigh and Kiladangan didn't turn up and Sars ran out easy winners. You never know with a bit of luck (which is always handy). The Dan Been will end up in Trisha's Bar.

It's true that every club has hangups about certain referees. Especially when decisions go against them. You needn't worry I'd say Clonoulty will turn up. Hopefully both teams do and give a good account of themselves give everything for the sake of the cause. In the last couple of finals Borrisoleigh and Kiladangan didn't turn up and Sars ran out easy winners. You never know with a bit of luck (which is always handy). The Dan Been will end up in Trisha's Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

As an outsider I always have great respect for the Tipperary championship and the divisional championships aswell. I'd like to see Clonulty v Nenagh but I'm abroad for the weekend.
    A question I would ask of Tipperary men is why the County Champions are usually so poor in the Munster Club.? Thurles have been poor over the years and never threatened an All Ireland. They never seemed to be resilient enough when clubs stood toe to toe with them. I'd point to a fairly mediocre Ballyea beating them when they were in total control a few years back. Na Piarsaigh have beaten them a few times aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

BloodyBill wrote: »
    As an outsider I always have great respect for the Tipperary championship and the divisional championships aswell. I'd like to see Clonulty v Nenagh but I'm abroad for the weekend.
    A question I would ask of Tipperary men is why the County Champions are usually so poor in the Munster Club.? Thurles have been poor over the years and never threatened an All Ireland. They never seemed to be resilient enough when clubs stood toe to toe with them. I'd point to a fairly mediocre Ballyea beating them when they were in total control a few years back. Na Piarsaigh have beaten them a few times aswell

This years county final probably goes a long way to answering your question. Not a single county starter on both sides and only one panellist. There are not too many other of the top hurling counties where that situation arises.
    The inter-county level talent in Tipp is just too spread out. I don't think there is a single club with an inter-county forward and back.

Regarding Sars outside Tipp, it has been a mixed bag of
    Bad luck (Denis Maher v harsh sending off v Cratloe, having to be away to Ballygunner etc),
    Poor results really - Ballyea, De La Salle, Kilcormac etc.
    Just not being good enough at times.
    I feel the Sars get a bit of hard press at times, Tipp fans can be very harsh on their own. People were giving out about losing down in Ballygunner last year, but I thought they fought hard and gave it everything and just came up short and to be fair to them, that has mostly been the case.

In the club hurling championship, you have the super clubs which are there or thereabouts for a few years and will bag one or more all-irelands, currently Na Piarsaigh and Cuala, in the past Portumna, Ballyhale, Birr, Athenry. Thurles have never been at that level in fairness so to win it you need a bit of luck and a good run and probably the absence of one of the above super clubs in a particular year.

The profile of any of these super clubs almost always has a good spread of inter-county quality in most areas of the field. No Tipp club has had that profile in as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not clued in enough to give a considered opinion, but as far as that Ballyea game goes, I’ll never forget the sight of that Ballyea player running 50-60 yards unchallenged to score the goal that levelled the match in injury time. Sars had that game won, but didn’t win it and who knows how things would have panned out for them but for that one major lapse.

Not clued in enough to give a considered opinion, but as far as that Ballyea game goes, I’ll never forget the sight of that Ballyea player running 50-60 yards unchallenged to score the goal that levelled the match in injury time. Sars had that game won, but didn’t win it and who knows how things would have panned out for them but for that one major lapse.

Doubt they would have beaten Cuala anyway, but they would have put up a better show than Ballyea I think.

Have to say there’s something about the term “super club” that rather annoys me a little. I presume it refers to clubs top heavy with inter county talent but I’m not sure county success has ever been a great barometer for club fortunes and vice versa. Only speaking in a general sense, but I think the link between the two is not as significant as is sometimes portrayed.

Open to correction but did na Piarsaigh have any starters in the all Ireland final? Don’t think so anyway. I think Sars had/have the talent to win an all Ireland for sure but for various reasons, they have fallen short every year.

I use the word super clubs in the context of clubs that are thereabouts an All-Ireland for a few years, I guess super club teams would be more correct. Na Piarsaigh, Cuala, Ballyhale, Portumna, Birr etc, not necessarily top heavy with inter-county talent.

Na Piarsaigh probably are not that top heavy with current inter-county talent, but have lots of Limerick senior "caps" in their team.
    Mike Casey on the starting team, Dowling, Casey, Downes, O'Donoghue, Dempsey on the panel and the likes of David Breen who has a had a very decent career in the Limerick jersey. The younger Breen and King have represented Limerick also as I think has Ronan Lynch and probably a few others. I'd say very few of them have not represented Limerick at senior level at some stage.

robbiezero wrote: »
    I use the word super clubs in the context of clubs that are thereabouts an All-Ireland for a few years, I guess super club teams would be more correct. Na Piarsaigh, Cuala, Ballyhale, Portumna, Birr etc, not necessarily top heavy with inter-county talent.

Na Piarsaigh probably are not that top heavy with current inter-county talent, but have lots of Limerick senior "caps" in their team.
    Mike Casey on the starting team, Dowling, Casey, Downes, O'Donoghue, Dempsey on the panel and the likes of David Breen who has a had a very decent career in the Limerick jersey. The younger Breen and King have represented Limerick also as I think has Ronan Lynch and probably a few others. I'd say very few of them have not represented Limerick at senior level at some stage.

I can definitely go along with that first paragraph. It certainly shouldn’t be a disadvantage for a club side to be top heavy with inter county stars but nor is it anything close to a guarantee of success and I believe history fully bears that out.

And that’s true of Na Piarsaigh for sure but I’d ask whether it isn’t true of sars too? Denis Maher, Pa, Lar, McCormack, Stakelum and probably one or two others I’m missing. Obviously that’s not including the likes of Billy, Ronan etc. You could look through the Nenagh team even and count easily 8-9 guys with senior county experience though what that actually counts for in the heat of battle is debatable. Perhaps Na Piarsaigh simply have the better players though in Sars case I still remain unconvinced about that.

One thing that does strike me watching a team like Na Piarsaigh is their team spirit and will to win for each other. Strikes me there is a bit of a thing going on between them and the county this past while, a feeling they’re not getting due recognition for their success, bit of a siege mentality if you like. I think something similar happened with toome when they were top dogs here and it can be a powerful drive for a club to have I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Some finish in the commercials Moyle rovers game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Crazy that Sars will have 2 senior teams next year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

klose wrote: »
    Some finish in the commercials Moyle rovers game!

Level going into injury time , Commercials hit the post , Rovers go down the Field and fist wide from a tight angle . Sham Kennedy kicks Commecials ahead , Rovers through Sean Carey score the winning goal with the last kick of the game ! Excellent entertainment .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Level going into injury time , Commercials hit the post , Rovers go down the Field and fist wide from a tight angle . Sham Kennedy kicks Commecials ahead , Rovers through Sean Carey score the winning goal with the last kick of the game ! Excellent entertainment .

Exciting finish poor game though.

• Advertisement

Their intermediate team worked their asses off the last 5 years, lost 3 county finals. Well entitled to go up to Senior B now. They will hold their own also. Amazing second half performance today to come back from 6 points down to win by 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

A question I would ask of Tipperary men is why the County Champions are usually so poor in the Munster Club? Thurles have been poor over the years and never threatened an All Ireland. They never seemed to be resilient enough when clubs stood toe to toe with them. I'd point to a fairly mediocre Ballyea beating them when they were in total control a few years back. Na Piarsaigh have beaten them a few times aswell
    Tipp championship is poor with too many clubs playing senior and therefore top sides get a lot of easy wins/poor games as well as some tough tests and then cant compete in winter in Munster against other sides.
    It was same with Toome over the years through 90s/00s. 8 between 98 and 08 yet but just 2 Munster titles.
    This years county final probably goes a long way to answering your question. Not a single county starter on both sides and only one panellist. There are not too many other of the top hurling counties where that situation arises.
    The inter-county level talent in Tipp is just too spread out. I don't think there is a single club with an inter-county forward and back.

Bad luck (Denis Maher v harsh sending off v Cratloe, having to be away to Ballygunner etc),
    I feel the Sars get a bit of hard press at times, Tipp fans can be very harsh on their own. People were giving out about losing down in Ballygunner last year, but I thought they fought hard and gave it everything and just came up short and to be fair to them, that has mostly been the case.

In the club hurling championship, you have the super clubs which are there or thereabouts for a few years and will bag one or more all-irelands, currently Na Piarsaigh and Cuala, in the past Portumna, Ballyhale, Birr, Athenry. Thurles have never been at that level in fairness so to win it you need a bit of luck and a good run and probably the absence of one of the above super clubs in a particular year.

The profile of any of these super clubs almost always has a good spread of inter-county quality in most areas of the field. No Tipp club has had that profile in as long as I can remember.
    I dont think the clubs in county final not having many county players isnt a problem or say much about the championship. There is simply too many individual clubs competing at senior grade. Should be few clubs merging to compete at senior level and then competing separately in junior/intermediate.
    They shouldnt really IMO.
    Their intermediate team worked their asses off the last 5 years, lost 3 county finals. Well entitled to go up to Senior B now. They will hold their own also. Amazing second half performance today to come back from 6 points down to win by 3 points.
    Fair play to them but very poor of tipp hurling that intermediate grade has been reduced to so little and such a poor competition when it was so strong years ago.

A question I would ask of Tipperary men is why the County Champions are usually so poor in the Munster Club? Thurles have been poor over the years and never threatened an All Ireland. They never seemed to be resilient enough when clubs stood toe to toe with them. I'd point to a fairly mediocre Ballyea beating them when they were in total control a few years back. Na Piarsaigh have beaten them a few times aswell
    Tipp championship is poor with too many clubs playing senior and therefore top sides get a lot of easy wins/poor games as well as some tough tests and then cant compete in winter in Munster against other sides.
    It was same with Toome over the years through 90s/00s. 8 between 98 and 08 yet but just 2 Munster titles.

I dont think the clubs in county final not having many county players isnt a problem or say much about the championship. There is simply too many individual clubs competing at senior grade. Should be few clubs merging to compete at senior level and then competing separately in junior/intermediate.
    They shouldnt really IMO.
    Fair play to them but very poor of tipp hurling that intermediate grade has been reduced to so little and such a poor competition when it was so strong years ago.
    Them is the rules as they say. The upside of it is that it being Cashels' first team they go forward to represent Tipp in the Munster championship. Though it's little compensation after losing the county final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

Why is there no announcement yet on sheedys back room team. Is there a new date fixed.

Them is the rules as they say. The upside of it is that it being Cashels' first team they go forward to represent Tipp in the Munster championship. Though it's little compensation after losing the county final.
    But should rules be allowing two teams from same club compete at senior grade? And in spite of seamus o riain/dan breen split they'll still be in same mid championship.
    Why is there no announcement yet on sheedys back room team. Is there a new date fixed.
    Is there any rush? May been decided and not announced and as team cant collectively train together for over a month is there much of a rush to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Said the next county board meeting. That is tonight. But they might not get to it.

The topics for discussion:

1) The structure of our current county championships.
    2) What should be played during the month of April (if anything)?
    3) Can we improve our county leagues?
    4) Should we reduce our minor club championships to under-17?
    5) Should we reduce our under-21 club championships to under-20 or under-19?
    6) What is your club’s preference on changing our juvenile grades from under-12, under-14 and under-16?

Said the next county board meeting. That is tonight. But they might not get to it.

The topics for discussion:

1) The structure of our current county championships.
    2) What should be played during the month of April (if anything)?
    3) Can we improve our county leagues?
    4) Should we reduce our minor club championships to under-17?
    5) Should we reduce our under-21 club championships to under-20 or under-19?
    6) What is your club’s preference on changing our juvenile grades from under-12, under-14 and under-16?
    What your thoughts on those topics?
    Id cut main county senior championship to about 12 teams with at least 4 divisional sides made up of a couple of clubs.
    Club games have to be played in April and in summer. Id have a round of championship in April, divisional, with league games.
    To improve county leagues you have to improve the incentive for winning it. But what would that be?
    I dont think changing minor and as a result u16/14 to odd numbers is needed and does u21 need to change?
    I do some work on a scheme in a gaa club and

I dont think the clubs in county final not having many county players isnt a problem or say much about the championship.

I don't think its a problem at all. It indicates one of the most competitive years we have had in a long time in the Tipp championship so its not a bad sign at all.

But it does say something about the championship. Nenagh and Clon are 25/1 and 66/1 to win the championship. The 2 Dublin finalists are 12/1 and 14/1 to win it.
    So that is an indicator of how the strength of Tipp clubs is viewed in terms of winning the All-Ireland.
    For me we just don't have a club with the right balance of quality players who have plenty intercounty championship experience to be at the top level year in, year out.
    A few clubs are close alright, if you had Paudie or Brendan Maher in with Loughmore or John or Noel McGrath or Callinan with Sars, you would have a serious team.

I don't think its a problem at all. It indicates one of the most competitive years we have had in a long time in the Tipp championship so its not a bad sign at all.

But it does say something about the championship. Nenagh and Clon are 25/1 and 66/1 to win the championship. The 2 Dublin finalists are 12/1 and 14/1 to win it.
    So that is an indicator of how the strength of Tipp clubs is viewed in terms of winning the All-Ireland.
    For me we just don't have a club with the right balance of quality players who have plenty intercounty championship experience to be at the top level year in, year out.
    A few clubs are close alright, if you had Paudie or Brendan Maher in with Loughmore or John or Noel McGrath or Callinan with Sars, you would have a serious team.
    It possibly does say something about the championship. I dont think it is about clubs with right balance of players with interocunty experience etc that there hasnt been tipp clubs doing as well in Munster/All Ireland. Its about quality of games in the championship. The top teams dont get enough. The top 4/5 clubs in county are wasted playing the senior clubs ranked 21/22 and down and there is too much of that happening in places.

• Advertisement

It possibly does say something about the championship. I dont think it is about clubs with right balance of players with interocunty experience etc that there hasnt been tipp clubs doing as well in Munster/All Ireland. Its about quality of games in the championship. The top teams dont get enough. The top 4/5 clubs in county are wasted playing the senior clubs ranked 21/22 and down and there is too much of that happening in places.

I don't know about that. In Dublin apart from the 3 southside massive clubs, there is nothing else with a prayer of winning the county final.
    Waterford championship isn't that competitive either with a while.
    There is a lot of crap clubs playing senior in Limerick.
    Clare and KK are probably the most competitive championships. I agree there are too many poor senior clubs in Tipp. Our max should be 16 senior teams.
    I would like to see some divisional teams also like they have in Cork and Kerry. Large parts of West and South Tipp are senior hurling wastelands which is a pity.
    Cork county final was a belter of a game with Imokilly a divisional team in it, Kerry game was also top notch with East Kerry playing Dingle, so decent divisional teams could really add the the championship.

I don't know about that. In Dublin apart from the 3 southside massive clubs, there is nothing else with a prayer of winning the county final.
    Waterford championship isn't that competitive either with a while.
    There is a lot of crap clubs playing senior in Limerick.
    Clare and KK are probably the most competitive championships. I agree there are too many poor senior clubs in Tipp. Our max should be 16 senior teams.
    I would like to see some divisional teams also like they have in Cork and Kerry. Large parts of West and South Tipp are senior hurling wastelands which is a pity.
    Cork county final was a belter of a game with Imokilly a divisional team in it, Kerry game was also top notch with East Kerry playing Dingle, so decent divisional teams could really add the the championship.
    You can say same about some other counties but they also dont have 30 plus senior clubs so have competitive competitions below senior. Tipp doesnt.
    I would be having divisional/grouped sides in parts of North Tipp as well. 19 clubs in north tipp isnt it?? And 11 are playing senior? Reduce that to at max 8.

You can say same about some other counties but they also dont have 30 plus senior clubs so have competitive competitions below senior. Tipp doesnt.
    I would be having divisional/grouped sides in parts of North Tipp as well. 19 clubs in north tipp isnt it?? And 11 are playing senior? Reduce that to at max 8.

So would this 8 Max be including the "divisional/grouped sides" and what criteria would Ewe use to form a divisional/grouped side(s) :confused: ? ? ?

Templemore and nenagh both hammered in the first round of the Harty cup.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

2018 Bord Gáis Energy Team of the Year

1 Ger Collins (Cork)

2 Killian O’Dwyer (Tipperary)

3 Brian McGrath (Tipperary)

4 Niall O’Leary (Cork)

5 Fintan Burke (Galway)

6 Robert Byrne (Tipperary)

7 Billy Hennessy (Cork)

8 Mark Coleman (Cork)

9 Ger Browne (Tipperary)

10 Robbie O’Flynn (Cork)

11 Rory O’Connor (Wexford)

12 Cianan Fahy (Galway)

13 Jake Morris (Tipperary)

14 Tim O’Mahony (Cork)

15 Seamus Casey (Wexford)

2018 Bord Gáis Energy Player of the Year Nominees

Ger Browne (Tipperary)

Fintan Burke (Galway)

Mark Coleman (Cork)

Jake Morris (Tipperary)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

The two gardai behaved like absolute petty incompetent idiots in my view. There is alot of talk regarding the opening hours of the pub itself but for them to try and stitch the owner up for anything is quite sickening to be honest. Plenty of real criminals around Thurles and all over the country. They should go chase them for a change. Those same Garda are nowhere to be seen in the event of a robbery

He was a little unfortunate this occasion. it was his idiot brother who got him into trouble. Way too much drinking for a Senior intercounty hurler though. A few scoops i can forgive but 10 vodkas?? :eek: And that rotten red bull shíte to go with it.

the incident after will have no doubt sealed his fate. He had been dropped off the panel so for him to risk driving in that bad snow and fall asleep at the wheel was absolutely ridiculous. He's still an excellent hurler but he needs to clean his act up big time.

Big year for Cathal.

I think Sheedy can get the best from him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

bubbles and barrett are 2 players who have wasted their talent but saddest of all is neither will play for tipp again. too much trouble.

i read darragh egan is goalkeeping coach and dunne coach. 2 more reasons sheedy's tenure is not going to work. we need the best, not a goalkeeping coach who never played a competitive game for tipp in that position and a coach who has zero success in that role with tipp.

bubbles and barrett are 2 players who have wasted their talent but saddest of all is neither will play for tipp again. too much trouble.

i read darragh egan is goalkeeping coach and dunne coach. 2 more reasons sheedy's tenure is not going to work. we need the best, not a goalkeeping coach who never played a competitive game for tipp in that position and a coach who has zero success in that role with tipp.
    Egan not playing at top level inter county on regular basis doesn't indicate at all that he isn't a good coach

I've seen Tommy in action, he'll be a good coach. Great analysis of game also. Likewise with Darragh Egan. Is he involved with the minors also?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I've seen Tommy in action, he'll be a good coach. Great analysis of game also. Likewise with Darragh Egan. Is he involved with the minors also?

Egan new minor coach.

Tommy did a good job with the minors this year - saw all their games in the flesh - and the improvement in teh style of play throughout the year was impressive. Looked clueless the first day out and got better and better. Very interesting forward formations at time. They got beat by a more experienced and savvy KK side operating off the hurt of the previous year.

Egan new minor coach.

Tommy did a good job with the minors this year - saw all their games in the flesh - and the improvement in teh style of play throughout the year was impressive. Looked clueless the first day out and got better and better. Very interesting forward formations at time. They got beat by a more experienced and savvy KK side operating off the hurt of the previous year.

so the moral of the story is, win an all ireland under age then you must continue in that role, do a "good job" then straight promotion to senior set up.
    real tipp hurling people are questioning sheedys selection and the egan and dunne selections is just going to make that questioning even louder.

if eoin kelly gets the nod as selector, the Eoin kelly who called for tipp to approach sheedy in august when sheedy had ruled himself out and no one even dreamed of sheedy getting the role, it would it will bring the whole fairness of the process into question.

i hope i am wrong and kelly is not in the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭caddy16

How was this not just fixed from the beginning, don't understand it. It wouldn't have been too hard to arrange that no team plays 3 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

Think it has been decided. That article is over a week old. Going off newer ones and the Munster GAA website, Waterford v Limerick and Clare v Tipp have been set for the 2nd July. So unless something new has happened that I've missed, ourselves (Limerick) and Clare have to deal with the 3 weekends in a row. Ridiculous given the options Munster GAA has.

Iv said it previously, it definetly had an effect on results last year. I believe it impacted our only poor performance of the season, away to Clare, it cost Wexford against Kilkenny and I believe it cost Tipp the Clare match, which would have been enough to sent ye through had the remaining results stayed as is. Yereselves and Wexford ran out of steam in the final 10 minutes having dominated for the previous hour.

Why Munster cant follow Leinsters schedule next year is beyond me! Its infuriating.

Question has to be asked why can’t Munster council get even this apparently basic task right? Was obvious this problem existed last year and with a second chance to correct it, they’ve still half botched it. Inexplicable really. Why the need for a blank fixture week in the middle? Was that unavoidable for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

In fairness an intelligent lad in primary school could figure out a set up where everybody was equal. Its not rocket science but the Munster council have managed to turn it into an issue once more

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement