Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

Josh Keane would be a good poach

I remember seen Josh hurl minor for Tipp back in 2013 down in Waterford. 2 goals out of nothing at full forward. His second goal i think it was - a seemingly nothing ball into the corner and Josh held off his man, turned him and stuck it.

I think he is probably a better footballer and would be a seismic loss to Tipp football but he is a very handy hurler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭BOSTIK

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I thought John Meagher would get a recall from Sheedy, had a very good year for Loughmore.

Thought that too, so did some of the football board but I suppose every year they're always fearful of losing someone to the hurlers.

I'd say Michael Cahill's days as an intercounty corner back are done, the injuries have planed a bit off his pace, shame, he was excellent when fully right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

BOSTIK wrote: »
    Thought that too, so did some of the football board but I suppose every year they're always fearful of losing someone to the hurlers.

I'd say Michael Cahill's days as an intercounty corner back are done, the injuries have planed a bit off his pace, shame, he was excellent when fully right.

Possibility - didn't see Cahill's name on the extended panel.

He's not thirty yet but he has done a lot of hurling and has had many injuries.

I remember last year, at 28, Cahill said in the media he would go again for another year with Tipp. That surprised me, given he is young. But the body has only so many games after a lot of injuries I guess.

I remember seen Josh hurl minor for Tipp back in 2013 down in Waterford. 2 goals out of nothing at full forward. His second goal i think it was - a seemingly nothing ball into the corner and Josh held off his man, turned him and stuck it.

I think he is probably a better footballer and would be a seismic loss to Tipp football but he is a very handy hurler.

Yeah, he can score.

But he can get up and down a field and make a complete nuisance of himself all day. We need that type of wing forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

2019 Senior Football Panel :

http://www.friendsoftipperaryfootball.com/2018/11/20/liam-kearns-has-revealed-his-upcoming-league-panel/

Delighted to see Pat Feehan and Paul Maher involved ! Paul Shanahan is back and a good scatter of decent young Players , Ben Hyland , Gavin Whelan and Jack Delahunty to name just 3 . Robbie Kiely will miss the League as he will be away for a while but otherwise a strong core !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

Great win for Thurles C.B.S. in the All Ireland junior colleges semi-final beating St. Kierans in Freshford 1-17 to 0-14.

reat win for Thurles C.B.S. in the All Ireland junior colleges semi-final beating St. Kierans in Freshford 1-17 to 0-14.

[quote

Thurles C.B.S. were well beaten in their Harty Cup group game against C.B. Cork in Bansha on a scoreline of 4-19 to 1-13. C.B.Cork were by far the bigger and more physical side

Thurles C.B.S. were well beaten in their Harty Cup group game against C.B. Cork in Bansha on a scoreline of 4-19 to 1-13. C.B.Cork were by far the bigger and more physical side

Both teams had already progressed to the Harty Cup quarter-finals...

• Advertisement

Nenagh CBS 3-10 Gaelcholáiste Mhuire an Mhainistir Thuaidh 0-9

That's true but Thurles will know that they've got plenty of work ahead of them to beat the looked of C.B.C.

That's true but Thurles will know that they've got plenty of work ahead of them to beat the likes of C.B.C.

Conor Hammersley in his first training session with Tipp has done his cruciate. That's the fourth Tipp player in five months with that type of injury - Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh) and Sarsfields duo Billy McCarthy and Michael Cahill.

Conor Hammersley in his first training session with Tipp has done his cruciate. That's the fourth Tipp player in five months with that type of injury - Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh) and Sarsfields duo Billy McCarthy and Michael Cahill.

Very very unlucky. Conor more than deserved his recent call up after a great season for Clonoulty. Seriously bad luck with cruciates this year.

Drom Inch hurler Paddy Kennedy has died of a heart attack. He died after soccer training at his home. He was in his thirties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Drom Inch hurler Paddy Kenny has died of a heart attack. He died after soccer training at his home. He was in his thirties.

Read that earlier, shocking news. RIP and condolences to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Drom Inch hurler Paddy Kenny has died of a heart attack. He died after soccer training at his home. He was in his thirties.

Paddy Kennedy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Willie Maher has become senior manager at Cuala.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Willie Maher has become senior manager at Cuala.

Talk about taking on a tough job - hard act to follow. Great opportunity all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

Would anyone know if or when a new design of Tipperary jersey will be on sale?? I see a new sponsor is due to take over from Jan 1st but all I can see online is the "Intersports" jersey. Was just doing a bit of Santa shopping but would hold off if I thought that a new jersey was on the way.

Conelan wrote: »
    Would anyone know if or when a new design of Tipperary jersey will be on sale?? I see a new sponsor is due to take over from Jan 1st but all I can see online is the "Intersports" jersey. Was just doing a bit of Santa shopping but would hold off if I thought that a new jersey was on the way.

No date announced yet. A cheaper alternative might be this shirt of which 100% goes to a very good cause

https://bourkesports.ie/product/tipperary-jersey-adults/

No date announced yet. A cheaper alternative might be this shirt of which 100% goes to a very good cause

https://bourkesports.ie/product/tipperary-jersey-adults/

Great idea

Great idea

Fair play to Cathal Bourke on such a decent gesture. Even the big sportswear companies wouldn't extend to such a generous act. This is a young chap that is relatively new in what is a fairly saturated market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Conelan wrote: »

Maybe contact Alan Kelly's constituency office they should be able to help you.

http://alankelly.ie/

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »

How??? its his brother who is sponsoring the team and even at that the sponsor would have no say whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Xenophile wrote: »

Why? Waste of time.

Conelan, with new sponsor for next year it'll likely be announced relatively soon when new jersey will be out. Contact Tipperary GAA Office
    E-mail: reception.tipperary@gaa.ie/Phone: 0504-22702 and they could help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I think the xenopile is trying to be humorous....

But not for the first time......::::

Falls flat!

They may need to look at training methods I know it's probably just coincidence but that's alot of cruciates in the last 5 months and last injuries was the main reason why we were so poor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

They may need to look at training methods I know it's probably just coincidence but that's alot of cruciates in the last 5 months and last injuries was the main reason why we were so poor.

I’d be leaning towards coincidence
    I’d imagine all the top counties implement fairly similar s & c principles and training methods..

Thurles CBS were well beaten in the final of the Niall McInerney Cup on a scoreline of 3-18 to 0-9. Trailing on a scoreline of 0-12 to 0-5 at halftime. Things quickly went from bad to worse with Athenry adding a goal and a point. Athenry were physically bigger, stronger add that to their hurling ability it proved to be too difficult a task to overcome. Thurles will be hugely disappointed with their performance. Aside from their showing in the final Thurles can look back on the year with pride having won the Dean Ryan Final and a fine victory in the AI semi-final against St. Kierans'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I see commercials didn't play the South final today any reason why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

klose wrote: »
    I see commercials didn't play the South final today any reason why?
    Supposedly had some of their team at Oz rules trials. Not sure how true it is. Ardfinnan took to the field and no opposition!!
    Colm O'Shaughnessy announced his 'retirement from Tipperary football due to the treatment of my club!' on Twitter.

maximo31 wrote: »
    Supposedly had some of their team at Oz rules trials. Not sure how true it is. Ardfinnan took to the field and no opposition!!
    Colm O'Shaughnessy announced his 'retirement from Tipperary football due to the treatment of my club!' on Twitter.

Jack and conal Kennedy were indeed at oz rules trials, still though poor form them not showing up. Didn't kilsheelan give ardfinnan a walk over in the south semi? All a bit of a joke, the South final wasn't played at all last year and now this year's has not been played and its nearly Christmas.

klose wrote: »
    Jack and conal Kennedy were indeed at oz rules trials, still though poor form them not showing up. Didn't kilsheelan give ardfinnan a walk over in the south semi? All a bit of a joke, the South final wasn't played at all last year and now this year's has not been played and its nearly Christmas.

I believe the west final hasn't been played yet?

Pure ridiculous that we're a few weeks from Christmas and this is the situation, serious rethink needed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

The county football champion is a bit of a joke. It should be sorted asap.

Last I've heard is that ardfinnan were given a walk over at the weekdn which means they got a walk over in both semi and final, couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

The county football champion is a bit of a joke. It should be sorted asap.

The County Senior Football Championship ran fine again this year , the problem is the South Championship ! ! !

Good to see Seamus on the 40 - hopefully we'll see John McGrath on the half-forward line too at some stage.

Let's see how Breen goes - but if they're serious about a real go at full for Breen - he needs at least a league and a few championship games to be really tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

County Board released a statement saying that this wasn't the team that will play. It states the team will be named at 9pm tomorrow

Mantis, you're barred from posting team sheets from now on :):pac::D

Mantis, you're barred from posting team sheets from now on :):pac::D

https://twitter.com/BrophShane/status/1072889528887726080?s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think this is the real team :)

The Tipperary senior hurling team to play Limerick in the Munster League at 7.30pm tomorrow in the Gaelic Grounds is

1. Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    2. Seán O’Brien – Newport
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. Donagh Maher – Burgess
    5. Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    6. Séamus Kennedy – St. Mary’s Clonmel
    7. Tom Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    8. Michael Breen – Ballina
    9. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    10. Colin English – Fr. Sheehy’s
    11. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    12. Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
    13. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    14. Seamus Callanan – Drom-Inch
    15. Mark Kehoe – Kilsheelan-Kilcash

16. Barry Hogan – Kiladangan
    17. Cathal Barrett – Holycross-Ballycahill
    18. Jerome Cahill – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    19. Cian Darcy – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    20. Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    21. Patrick Maher – Lorrha-Dorrha
    22. Mark McCarthy – Toomevara
    23. Brian McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    24. Jake Morris – Nenagh Éire Óg
    25. Joe O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    26. Killian O’Dwyer – Killenaule

Is the Tipp match on television tonight anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Not for a competition like this i'd imagine. Only shot would be Sporting Limerick showing in on their YouTube channel

I preferred my team :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

No. National league games regularly not shown so this definitely wont.

big_drive wrote:
    Not for a competition like this i'd imagine. Only shot would be Sporting Limerick showing in on their YouTube channel

You're probably right thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is Cathal Barrett all cleared now with charges

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement